Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 03:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Basic standards, including human decency, humility, maturity, open-mindedness, and respect for women?

Or Will you teach your children that it's okay to grab women by the ***** like our POTUS does?
Oh please, I could paint Obama with that same brush..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 03:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Forgetting politics, I kinda think we do need a Sunday School teacher in office. And, really, I don't mean a Baptist Sunday chool teacher as much as I mean someone with a core moral fiber. More Sunday School teachers, less businessmen and lawyers.
We don't start wars and kill people or at least, not the Sunday Schools I attended in the past.

I know times have changed. We can't live in the past.
The core moral fiber is the cheep suite of a politician, nothing to do with what's on the inside as he/she sells out to donors.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:37 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh please, I could paint Obama with that same brush..
DO IT. I'll wait.

Pull up statements of Obama's where he has disrespected women, called a woman ugly, or made personal attacks against the media or a rival politician's loved ones.

DO IT.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:43 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
In the past, if the president was Democrat...

If the president was Republican...
It's a sad reminder of the world we live in when we can't seperate our political affiliation from basic things like the fact that we should not be total *******s in public.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 07-01-2017 at 04:07 PM..

Old 07-01-2017, 03:45 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
What is moral about our "society"? It is built entirely upon government aggression upon the individual. It is a barbaric, regressive, and immoral "society" because of how it functions.

Many people just reflect the environment in which they grew up in, hence why you have so many people that are in fact psychopaths, thugs, and tyrants towards their neighbors in this nation. (Of course they do this through thug government goons acting on their behalf.)

Old 07-01-2017, 03:53 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
He ACTS by choosing to respond, and HOW he responds. I don't talk politics around my kids. I use Trump's name instead of calling him names. All sorts of other things like that. I am comfortable in saying that I respond to things better than he does.

We are talking solely about his conduct in regards to usual basic human conduct. If you wish to talk about how all Americans are acting, go for another thread.
No, clearly we are not. The OP opened it up to a broad range of people including Obama.

You might want to read it again. I'll highlight some areas for comprehension.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Most grade school educators and parents of any kind of basic adult maturity - Republican OR Democrat voters - teach their kids that personal insults are not an appropriate response to others and that "but he/she started it" is not an acceptable defense for an adult.

By the standards of behavior displayed by our President, we would rightly discipline our children and demand a higher level of conduct from them. And that's not a partisan issue.

It's disheartening to watch how other adults who would demand more of their own children defend the President's conduct or at least look the other way when money, power, and politics are at stake.

For all the talk of how embarrassing Obama was, we now have a President who blatantly fails the basic standards of adulthood, much less Leader of the Nation. And it's not a partisan issue. Republican and Democrat Pesidents in recent memory have done shady things, but at least their public rhetoric had not been this deliberately juvenile.

Not saying it's illegal or enough for impeachment, etc. You can excuse it away, but it reflects poorly on you, and this period will go down as a shameful episode in our nation's Presidential history. Rational adults of all parts of the political spectrum should be concerned about what's going on.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No, clearly we are not. The OP opened it up to a broad range of people including Obama.

You might want to read it again. I'll highlight some areas for comprehension.
Still about the President. Share you thoughts about his conduct.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 PM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
If my kids had been attacked like Trump has been attacked by the Press, you could have bet a bundle my behavior towards the attackers would have been 10x worse than Trump and I would have encouraged them to fight back with everything they had, too.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:58 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
President Trump fights fire with fire. Many complaining about Trump's behavior treat others the exact same way, if not worse. President Trump says exactly what we say among friends, family, etc., but which we, as members of polite society, hypocritically frown upon in public. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:58 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
*Some people teach their kids. Let's be honest, the children of his supporters are going to grow up just like him. Ignorant, immoral, intellectually vapid and proud of it. Oh, and all that, but without wealth, so real pond scum level folks.

And speaking of pond scum human beings, a student and I had a great conversation recently about drug cartel members and how they ended up being part of them. We figured most of them likely started out life pretty normal, only probably poor. They likely had no guidance, no strong parenting and otherwise few options for success. So what may have started out as making a few bad choices to survive kept snowballing until they became whatever murderous thugs they are. There are some parallels to this in Trump support. His supporters may have once been decent people, but the acceptance of one small, terrible thing after another lead to the acceptance of bigger and bigger terrible things. Pretty soon, they're saying treason is no big deal and sexual assault is just locker room talk, and we're left wondering what other things they're willing to defend if it came down to it. Murder? I wouldn't be surprised at this point. It's a fascinating thing to watch, but wholly depressing in every way.

Last edited by jbcmh81; 07-01-2017 at 04:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies