Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 08:30 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,509,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
The baffling thing is that Trump supporters not only aren't embarrassed by this behavior but actually applaud it. Please tell me there are Trump supporters or even Republicans in general who find this unsuitable.
Baffling to me that someone would defend CNN which high paid producer admits that they create fake news just to keep Trump Deranged watching because it's good for ratings.

Time to take a Red Pill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 08:30 AM

29,699 posts, read 24,780,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Can you smell what the Trump is cooking? Lol
Yes. It's called freedom, and it smells a whole lot better than what the dummycrats and Hitlery had cooking for us.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:31 AM

35,557 posts, read 20,897,588 times
HE tweeted this GIF?? really ? nahhh

16,376 posts, read 22,424,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
A normal person with a sense of humor as president, not a stiff.
This "humor" is not that much different than Kathy Griffin's lame attempt at humor.

3,637 posts, read 1,690,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is funny. Trump sure is a character with a terrific sense of humor.
If the Left and media could figure this out they wouldn't be so outraged over every little thing he says and does.

No, Todd, we do not expect or want our President to be a stand up comedian, we want someone who is sane and knows what the Hell he is doing.

Trump is a frickin' mental case, and getting more bizarre by the day.

3,538 posts, read 1,322,750 times
If you don't support Trump, this should be your sign that you need to disengage in any and all debating and dialogue with Trump supporters. There is no point to debating these people. Do your damage at the polls. Just ice them out. I'm going to try even harder to do so.

Just ridiculous.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:32 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Just let Trump continue to self destruct, sit back and enjoy. And make sure you hold accountable those Democrats who are the adults in Congress, who have to hold in check these Republicans who are trying to pound the middle class and further enrich their billionaire puppet masters. Democrats have to do their job and they have been largely ineffective in doing so. They really p*ss me off sometimes but they are still the only choice left for thinking people.

Trump is an embarrassment to both those Republicans, and, of course, thinking people who didn't vote for this clown.

8,840 posts, read 4,791,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
The baffling thing is that Trump supporters not only aren't embarrassed by this behavior but actually applaud it. Please tell me there are Trump supporters or even Republicans in general who find this unsuitable.
There are definitely tons of conservatives horrified by his behavior.

I've heard there are trump fans who want him to stop tweeting, but I've never seen anyone admit to it on this board.

As a democrat, I used to worry about the tweets but it's not like the whole world doesn't already know he's a crazy moron. He's giving Mueller ammunition and pushing himself closer to the 25th amendment or impeachment with each tweet.

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
I've seen that video online previously, prior to the election and minus the CNN logo, but can't recall where - probably part of a "light" news story about Trump's involvement with fake wrestling. No doubt he participated as a sort of wrestling-character-celebrity originally - I want to say this happened in Atlantic City, but have no proof, just vague memories.

I remember thinking it was silly and extremely undignified when I first saw it, but it did indicate a sort of silly, very juvenile sense of humor.

But now - good heavens, the man is president. How can this sort of foolishness serve any positive purpose for anyone, regardless of politics? Turning a silly, inconsequential video into an equally immature attack on CNN - is just so demeaning - of Trump, and the Presidency - and appeals to the lowest common denominator of his followers. Just sheer stupidity, all around - unless Trump is a lot smarter than he appears to be and is playing us - distracting from something much bigger that he really doesn't want us to notice right now.

But I don't think he's that smart, or that clever. I think it's just what it appears to be - a stupid, childish, undignified behavior that any thinking adult would immediately recognize as being completely inappropriate and not likely to produce any sort of positive reaction from intelligent people.

As for the threat to the free press, I doubt if Trump even considered this - he doesn't like CNN for personal reasons, and has childishly attacked them previously, escalating in recent days. This stupid GIF is not going to lead to the demise of the free press in this country - but it certainly isn't going to help Trump, either.

It's just embarrassing - for Trump, though he fails to recognize it, and for his followers, who mindlessly line up behind him - but also for our country.

Can't we be better than this?

Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 AM

33,862 posts, read 16,900,092 times
What is CNN?

Oh yes the network 309 million do not watch based on July ratings.

LOL.

They need this publicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies