Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 09:14 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
This response is a perfect example of how Trump supporters have no response to the OP

Lol
Nah....It just means I don't care about the former guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 09:22 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Yes he was the consummate polished politician. But his ideology was in direct conflict with mine so none of that mattered. This is the thing that people do not understand. I would have rathered Slick Willie again than Obama or Hillary.
Understandably Obama's values and ideology may have been different from yours, but is the best the Republicans could come up with: Trump? Seriously? How did this ideology result in Trump for president? Could there be a flaw somewhere in the ideology ... given the results?

Or are you of the opinion that Trump is the man for the job?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:24 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Understandably Obama's values and ideology may have been different from yours, but is the best the Republicans could come up with: Trump? Seriously? How did this ideology result in Trump for president? Could there be a flaw somewhere in the ideology ... given the results?

Or are you of the opinion that Trump is the man for the job?
Please read further in the thread for your answer.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 PM

21,135 posts, read 19,714,475 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DTxXUufI3jA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9FWZfj-4XKg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uud4D78Lyuk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nfgEvgVC6Qs

Old 07-01-2017, 09:32 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I didn't agree with everything Obama did. But he acted like a grown up, as has every president who has held office. He didn't act like a spoiled child who resorts to name calling when he gets mad. He can't stay off twitter or quit talking about the evil media long enough to do his job. It's really telling to me when those from both parties are begging him to please put down the phone. He's making a fool out of himself and makes the country look unstable. Other countries have no idea how to act or react with him.
Well, you and I agree on Trump's behavior. I don't like it. I had hopes that he would be able to put it aside and just ignore what people have been saying about him. But what the people have been saying about him is way beyond the pail. They've posted numerous threats against his life, made up stories about Russian collusion or took the word of anonymous sources who had an agenda, talked about his genitalia, mocked him for his looks and what he eats, mocked his children (including his minor child), posted photos of a mask made to look like his head was just severed. I've never seen anything like it. Trump has said some dumb things, but his worst was not even a quarter as bad as what has been said about him and his family.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:36 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Non sequitur

Trump hasn't made any bad tweets.

/topic
He is absolutely the worst president we have had. Why do we care if someone hurts his feelings.
He is supposed to care about our country and not himself. If you are a women then you would care what he said about Mika. A man going after a woman only show weakness. And Trump is weak.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
His choices for Supreme Court, his insistence on identity politics, his globalist world view, Obamacare, his obvious disdain for middle America, the wild increase in SJWs, to name a few.

But Trump was not my choice and he did not win my state in the primary.
Trump is also a globalist. He wants to dominate the global energy market. The difference is that Obama had a global view, and Trump has a Nationalist view. Is it really in the best interests of the USA to ignore the rest of the world's interests?

There's nothing wrong with being a capitalist and expecting people to pay their own way, but Trump has gone far beyond that. From the outside looking in, it seems that Democrats care about people, and Republicans care about war machines and are not above lying to instigate war if necessary.

Everything in moderation, preferably.

As the filters kicked in, Trump emerged. How did that happen if his values do not reflect the values of the people? Does there need to be an election reform?

Do people in the USA generally reflect the values of the POTUS and bully each other. "hit back 10 times harder", when there is a perceived offense? That is the message that is being sent to the world, right?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:39 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Thank you for clarifying. I wish any of the other Republican candidates had won. I don't think things would be quite this crazy for either side had that been the case. Or I would hope not.
I think they would be just as bad had any Republican beat Hillary Clinton in the same type of upset. Just look at how they treated Mitt Romney, and he behaved exactly as you wanted. He was above the fray, and yet they wrote a multi page investigative hit piece on some episode from his teenage years, accused him of murder for reorganizing a company that laid off someone and his wife died of cancer a few years later, accused him of misogyny over his binders full of women comment, accused him of being mean to his garbage collectors because he didn't offer them water like some other residents did, and was cruel to animals.

Yeah, I'm a little bitter at Romney's treatment. It tells me all I need to know about how people would have reacted if any Republican beat Clinton.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:43 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
We hardly ignore the world's interests even with Trump. You are lumping and stereotyping repubs and dems with your "war machine" and "care about people" talk. Making large generalizations is never correct. I am actually a moderate republican bordering on libertarian but those may be foreign to you.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's just tough **** for Mika and Joe.

I'm thrilled we finally have a Republican president who doesn't simply lay down and take it like Bush 1 & 2.

It comes as Brzezinski also claimed in an interview with InStyle that Melania Trump wanted out of her marriage. “I know Melania. I haven’t talked to her in months, but if my gut is right, I don’t think she’s going to put up with it much longer,” Brzezinski said. “I know nothing. That’s just my instinct and I go with my gut and my gut’s always right.” She continued on, saying that the first lady was only doing “the worst job in the country” for the sake of her young son, Barron. ”I’m just telling you, Melania’s got the worst job in the country and I don’t think she wants do it a lot longer. I think she will do it for as long as she has to for her son, and that’s it,” Brzezinski said.

Morning Joe co-hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough slam Donald Trump saying

This woman is a disgusting pig!
Lay down and take it? Do you see the Prince of England laying down to 'take it'? Do you see him using social media to insult people?

Trump is so far out of his league he's destructive. People are tying to prop up his image by trying to justify that what he is doing is normal, but it isn't. What will it take for those people to stop trying to justify mysogenist, unstable, paranoid behavior?

How can Melania quit being a mom to her son? She might think it's the worst job, but it is her job to do a good job. Someone needs to tell her to be thankful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies