Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 08:43 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times

Advertisements

I liked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 08:49 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Could not watch--find the man repulsive. It was full of more lies, self-pity and bs by the clips.

Poor martyr in chief. Everyone is picking on the innocent Snowflake. Claims he is being silenced? Lolololol. The bully who tries to shut up everyone else? If not by his disgusting bully tweets, then with lawsuits. I wish he had to give speeches while hooked up to a lie detector.

Moderator cut: off topic
I can't watch it, either. Did he really whine about all of that in a speech purportedly to honor veterans? Is he truly that self-involved that he can't give a speech honoring the great sacrifices of our vets without making it all about him?

That last question was, of course, sarcasm. Everything to Donald Trump is all, and only, about Donald Trump.

Did he pass out electoral college maps to the audience? No one here would be surprised if he did.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:57 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Could not watch--find the man repulsive. It was full of more lies, self-pity and bs by the clips.

Poor martyr in chief. Everyone is picking on the innocent Snowflake. Claims he is being silenced? Lolololol. The bully who tries to shut up everyone else? If not by his disgusting bully tweets, then with lawsuits. I wish he had to give speeches while hooked up to a lie detector.

Moderator cut: off topic
I agree!

I have family in the Military, him turning a Veterans Speech into a rally is insulting.

Trump is putting the final nail into the coffin of America.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:02 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
How ironic that the guy supposedly defending religious freedom is preventing Muslim immigrants from entering the country under the flimsy guise of "safety." As for honoring veterans, Trump is, like usual, honoring only himself. At least this time he has a holiday to use an as excuse for conducting this self worship service.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:04 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
At that speech he attacked the press. Probably channeling his inner Putin or Chávez.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why was he talking about saying merry Christmas again? Does the draft dodger not know that Jews, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, etc all serve honorably?
Another distraction. It's a little early for the 'War on Christmas".

Also, it seems people whose faith is very frail - need propped up by salesclerks telling them 'Merry Christmas".

Old 07-02-2017, 09:16 AM

734 posts, read 351,490 times
I'm an Evangelical Lutheran, all my life, and I can't stand the man. Refuse to listen to him.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:38 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't know if anyone watched the speech last night to the veterans at the Celebrate Freedom Rally but it was really, really good and if you are a Trump fan and missed it, it's worth watching on video. I thought it was a 3 hanky speech. Some from Walter Reed came and a few people were singled out for their service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xeJ...outu.be&t=1835

The president also had some words for religious freedom and the evangelicals sure to have heads on the left exploding into outer space.

I don't think 90% of the media was there because anything about the veterans and evangelicals has not been reported. Their terse stories are all about themselves, the media.
Did Trump pronounce the word 'corps' correctly?

Remember when hillary said there were no institutional problems at the VA, just cherry picked isolated issues to make the VA management look bad?

Remember whe Obama direected his laser focus on solving the VA crisis in 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2015.....to no avail.

Obama gave us an idelible image when he announced the beheading of an American citizen and immediately continued his golf game. Obama had his fingers crossed when he took the oath to be commander in chief of the armed services.

Trump is making the last administration look like the only real issue for the american people was transgender bathrooms and videos that caused the death of Americans. The military and strategy planning was an annoying hinderance to obama. Trump makes obama look pathetic.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:11 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Yeah, but read them. No meat in the stories except a little by ABC. Even Fox News who carried it live doesn't have much on its website (which says, if I remember correctly that it was written with the help of AP) and I can't recall them "going to" their reporter at the event. Trump said something to the effect that we worship God not government and I didn't see that in any story I read. He offered support for football teams who want to pray before games. He singled out some of the veterans in the audience, told their stories, and the camera actually showed them from Walter Reed Hospital. He talked about the Johnson amendment. He got several standing ovations. The speechwriter should also be commended.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Yes his speech contained the obligatory nod to veterans. Was it anything but words to him? I have my doubts. Trump is a malignant narcissist with a predatory opportunistic personality. I'm sure he was more interested in optics vs sincerity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies