Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 04:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
But
A. There are other ways to have your own kids.
B. A womb transplant still wouldn't make it your genetic kid.
Exactly. Easier to use whatever you have (sperm, eggs) and hire a surrogate. AND you get a biological child out of it.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:39 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Exactly. Easier to use whatever you have (sperm, eggs) and hire a surrogate. AND you get a biological child out of it.

Yes, but then you don't get to play the woman and dress up in pretty maternity dresses, moan about the various difficulties of childbearing, and totally miss out on the other girl/women talk for years afterwards about the "joys" of childbirth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 04:48 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Because the pursuit of scientific and biological advancement will eventually benefit all. Moderator cut: rude
If somehow trannys were afflicted with some type of deadly medical problem based on their aberrant behavior (ex AIDS), then yes, society could try to save them from themselves. That should also include incentives to straighten out their behavior (pun intended).
However elective medical procedures to try and complete the illusion they are something other than what they are in reality, should not be paid for by anyone other than themselves.

Also remember, many a research project by some pretty despicable people have been under the guise of scientific/biological advancement.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Yes, but then you don't get to play the woman and dress up in pretty maternity dresses, moan about the various difficulties of childbearing, and totally miss out on the other girl/women talk for years afterwards about the "joys" of childbirth.
Well, that is disappointing for cisgender women who cannot maintain a pregnancy, too.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
If somehow trannys were afflicted with some type of deadly medical problem based on their aberrant behavior (ex AIDS), then yes, society could try to save them from themselves. That should also include incentives to straighten out their behavior (pun intended).
However elective medical procedures to try and complete the illusion they are something other than what they are in reality, should not be paid for by anyone other than themselves.

Also remember, many a research project by some pretty despicable people have been under the guise of scientific/biological advancement.
A good many transexuals have sex with people who have the correct “parts.” From a heteronormative POV, anyway. What’s aberrant about that?

Old 07-02-2017, 04:59 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The UK is working on a new method to transplant a uterus into biological males. The goal is to help transgendered people have babies. It could also allow gay and single men to have babies. The procedure might be funded by the UK national health system. A great step forward.

Doctors back transgender women having babies on the NHS | Daily Mail Online
I find this notion physiologically ridiculous. First off, if any man gets a uterus transplaced into their Pelvis.. Their Pelvis was not nor ever will be capable of carrying a developing fetus close to term!

Physiological fact, male pelvis is FLAT.. which means far less space for fetus to develop into comfortable viable space.. Obviously, IF this imagined fantasy to even occur... the deliver would have to be by C-Section ..and obviously much much earlier in the 9 month period. as most full term babies are in the 6-9 lb range .. yikes if there were twins!!

below is a side by side comparison of male left and female pelvis~~

http://classconnection.s3.amazonaws....7918402406.jpg

There's no reason for such experiments.. and I liken this stuff to the "Dolly" the highly touted Cloning of a Sheep!

Old 07-02-2017, 05:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The UK is working on a new method to transplant a uterus into biological males. The goal is to help transgendered people have babies. It could also allow gay and single men to have babies. The procedure might be funded by the UK national health system. A great step forward.

Doctors back transgender women having babies on the NHS | Daily Mail Online
Why? There is something inherently wrong with the premise.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:31 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Well, that is disappointing for cisgender women who cannot maintain a pregnancy, too.

That is different and not what we are talking about.

Of course one feels a natural sympathy for a woman who is barren; that is only natural as the condition prevents her from attaining what would otherwise be an important part of her biology.

OTOH inserting something where it never was under the guise of treating an "illness" whose main premise is someone affected "believes" they are something they are clearly not is another matter.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:01 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
I like to consider myself open minded about the whole transgender thing. I certainly don't gush over them like some signaler, but I treat them as I myself would want to be treated, with the respect and dignity any human being deserves.

But this is some cutting edge Frankenstein sh-, right here.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:06 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
This is reason NOT to do womb transplants. Not every woman can carry a child but it's not carrying a child that makes you a parent. That means the focus on carrying the child is about something else. NOT becoming a parent. It's about playing dress up to the nth degree and playing with the life of the unborn child to pretend you're something you're not. Given we're talking about putting a uterus into a biological man whose body was not designed to have one and carry a pregnancy I would think this would be very high risk.

It's one thing to transplant an organ you need to live and to go on anti rejection meds when it's just your life in the balance, but why do it for a womb so you can carry a baby when a surrogate can do that for you with much less risk to the baby. How would the anti rejection drugs affect the baby? What if the transplant fails during a pregnancy? How will pregnancy hormones affect the male body? Is the male brain even equipped to properly manage the hormones of pregnancy? How is this best for the child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies