Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 04:05 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The fact that Trump tweets is not the problem....The problem is what he tweets....
I love his tweets, plus they connect him with the common man that will decide the 2020 election (in addition to the fact that he's signed more laws into legislation in his first 6 months than any of the last 4 Presidents - Trump 37, Obama 24, Bush 15, Clinton 33, Bush 35).
There are no prizes for acting "presidential" (that's how Bill Clinton looked while he was secretly making love to Lewinsky with cigars in the Oval Orifice).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 04:09 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
"For Rather to be giving a lecture on lying is truly an example of delusional irony. Rather was fired from CBS in 2004 for falsely reporting that "that President George W. Bush avoided serving in Vietnam during his time at the Texas National Guard and was given preferential treatment because his father, George H.W. Bush, was a congressman." The report was based on documents that were obviously forged, and Rather's lame defense was that the story was "fake, but accurate." To this day, Rather still maintains this defense, despite the fact that there has been no evidence to substantiate it.

Rather is the last person to be giving lectures on lying."...........
Dan Rather Lectures Media On 'Lying.' Yes, Really. | Daily Wire

George W. Bush did avoid active service and possibly being sent to Vietnam, by simply ignoring orders to report for duty and nothing was done to him. He had trained as a jet fighter pilot in an Air National Guard unit. Do you suppose his father's influence played a role in his being excused from duty in that way?

Old 07-02-2017, 04:13 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Karl Rove, Lee Attwater, ... Republicans have a long line of "tricksters" if that's what you want to call them.

Bush Jr. ducked Vietnam by joining the National Guard and then didn't even do much of that.

This was a set-up to smear Rather and they're still working at it.
Yeah, he didn't do much except get commissioned, go through flight school and pri-fly, and then get qualified to fly (and did so for several years) the F102, one of the more "interesting" Air Force jets to be built ("interesting" enough that the Air Force couldn't get them transferred to the Air National Guard fast enough).

Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It'll continue as long as tRump remains in the WH. He's a spoiled, overprivileged, immature frat boy who hasn't grown emotionally beyond his teen years even though he's reached the age of 71.

But, he's unintentionally very amusing. I, for one, don't want to see him removed. He's causing damage to the GOP and keeping their agenda from being advanced.

MAGA

Trump's agenda is being advanced. You would know that if you would quit watching CNN, MSNBC, etc. There's actual news being reported on other channels but lefties seem to love swallowing the hatred that comes from the MSM.

Worry about the damage that the Dem party has done to itself. Your party holds the least Congressional power in decades and it's only getting worse.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:14 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I love his tweets, plus they connect him with the common man that will decide the 2020 election.
There are no prizes for acting "presidential".
I mentioned this before. I had a long drive home the day after the Mika/Joe dust up and listened to a talk radio station I'd never heard of before. Every caller was fully supportive of Trump’s tweets. The host was obviously taken aback and I was surprised too. Rinos, libs and never Trumpers just don't understand how much his supporters like his tweets. The MSM is obviously desperate for him to stop because they have to report them and they just can't help criticizing Trump, playing right into his hands.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:18 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
My point is that IF you listen do Rather's he's right on the money with this one, put aside Trump's policies for a moment, if your president of whatever country you don't act like your a five year old. What the hell is up with a president who tweets any way? I would think he's got more important things to do with tweet every time his breeches get in a wad.
I can see your problem. You listen to other insignificant people, and follow them like sheep. I made up my own mind about President Trump, before he was elected. I supported him, and I support him now. Put your big boy britches on and make up your own mind.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:23 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I mentioned this before. I had a long drive home the day after the Mika/Joe dust up and listened to a talk radio station I'd never heard of before. Every caller was fully supportive of Trump’s tweets. The host was obviously taken aback and I was surprised too. Rinos, libs and never Trumpers just don't understand how much his supporters like his tweets. The MSM is obviously desperate for him to stop because they have to report them and they just can't help criticizing Trump, playing right into his hands.

If what you say were true for more than a small segment of our population, this country would be in a desperate situation.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Trump's agenda is being advanced. You would know that if you would quit watching CNN, MSNBC, etc. There's actual news being reported on other channels but lefties seem to love swallowing the hatred that comes from the MSM.

Worry about the damage that the Dem party has done to itself. Your party holds the least Congressional power in decades and it's only getting worse.

Yes, Dems are irrelevant. Totally powerless. The GOP and tRump are in total control. They don't need a single Dem vote to advance any of their agenda. Everything that happens since Jan 20th, they totally own.

So, what are they afraid of?

Old 07-02-2017, 04:31 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
What Rather wants is a well-mannered Republican patsies like McCain, Romney or even Bush who would let the media and Demos abuse them and keep quiet.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
If what you say were true for more than a small segment of our population, this country would be in a desperate situation.
What does that even mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What Rather wants is a well-mannered Republican patsies like McCain, Romney or even Bush who would let the media and Demos abuse them and keep quiet.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I can see your problem. You listen to other insignificant people, and follow them like sheep. I made up my own mind about President Trump, before he was elected. I supported him, and I support him now. Put your big boy britches on and make up your own mind.
Even my own mother is a CNN sheep.
Its very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies