Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 09:09 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Let's try this again...

The president described Brzezinski as “low IQ Crazy Mika” and claimed she had been “bleeding badly from a face-lift.”

Are we not right to expect better from one another and in particular our POTUS?

Are we not right to think what Trump is doing in these regards is bad for America? An embarrassment.

Are we not right to expect our POTUS to be an example on our behalf as to honor? Civility?

Is Trump helping or hurting his cause to repeal and replace the ACA? To be productive.

Americans who are not so amused, comfortable or tolerant of bad behavior (to put it mildly) should do what, exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 09:11 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
I can't believe that this far in 30%+ still support his antics. He's literally done nothing but sign EOs, sign the bill letting ISPs sell our browsing histories, and get in his own way.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:20 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
"For better or worse"?

I want a divorce.

As for what Americans who dislike this sort of absurdity should do, get registered, and vote. Meanwhile, keep your representatives informed of your views, and state those views articulately and clearly.

Connect with other Americans who share your concerns - there's strength in numbers.

Focus on what you can do in your communities. If your representatives do not represent you and are not responsive - or worse yet, are scornful and mock you, as does one of my own senators, work to replace them - and let other voters know about it. No constituent deserves to be treated in this manner by someone who has sworn to represent them and who is supposed to be the servant of the people. This is true at all levels of government.

Educate yourself about the history and government of our country - and that of other countries, both our allies and our enemies. Read biographies of leaders, not just American presidents but other heads of state elsewhere. Understand how our three-fold government system works, and what checks and balances are and how they help keep us steady, if properly sustained.

Understand how blessed we have been in this country to have sustained those dreams of freedom and democracy of the Founding Fathers and Mothers for over two centuries.

Teach your children well.

Then vote. Help others register. That's what I'll be doing this Fourth of July. Our right and ability to vote our consciences - freely, without pressure, and privately, especially privately just now - is a great gift and should never be taken for granted.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I can't believe that this far in 30%+ still support his antics. He's literally done nothing but sign EOs, sign the bill letting ISPs sell our browsing histories, and get in his own way.
Even more difficult to believe is the ongoing level of support and defense Trump supporters give Trump apparently without any sense of obligation to recognize the bad as well as the good. Something like the parent who gets upset at a teacher instead of their child when the teacher tries to discipline the child for being a bully.

Come on people!

Old 07-01-2017, 09:22 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Even more difficult to believe is the ongoing level of support and defense Trump supporters give Trump apparently without any sense of obligation to recognize the bad as well as the good. Something like the parent who gets upset at a teacher instead of their child when the teacher tries to discipline the child for being a bully.

Come on people!
See my thread about a 1-party country. There is no alternative to Trump. The Dems are a ****ing joke.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
"For better or worse"?

I want a divorce.

As for what Americans who dislike this sort of absurdity should do, get registered, and vote. Meanwhile, keep your representatives informed of your views, and state those views articulately and clearly.

Connect with other Americans who share your concerns - there's strength in numbers.

Focus on what you can do in your communities. If your representatives do not represent you and are not responsive - or worse yet, are scornful and mock you, as does one of my own senators, work to replace them - and let other voters know about it. No constituent deserves to be treated in this manner by someone who has sworn to represent them and who is supposed to be the servant of the people. This is true at all levels of government.

Educate yourself about the history and government of our country - and that of other countries, both our allies and our enemies. Read biographies of leaders, not just American presidents but other heads of state elsewhere. Understand how our three-fold government system works, and what checks and balances are and how they help keep us steady, if properly sustained.

Understand how blessed we have been in this country to have sustained those dreams of freedom and democracy of the Founding Fathers and Mothers for over two centuries.

Teach your children well.

Then vote. Help others register. That's what I'll be doing this Fourth of July. Our right and ability to vote our consciences - freely, without pressure, and privately, especially privately just now - is a great gift and should never be taken for granted.
Love it! But...

I live in an area about as pro-Trump as Israel is pro-Muslim, so here any sort of action or criticism related to what Trump is doing is pretty much "preaching to the choir." Begging the question, what to do in all those areas where people don't seem able to see the negative about Trump and what he is doing? There's where the challenge is, not here.

Case in point is what we observe with all these comments that come from all over America and beyond. If there is no way to convince a Trump supporter the likes of what you explain above in this forum, how is it done outside this forum?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Is this another one of your little threads that you'll just delete once you lose control of the narrative like you did yesterday?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
See my thread about a 1-party country. There is no alternative to Trump. The Dems are a ****ing joke.
You should include a link, but I doubt I need to read further to agree with you...

Most people feel that just two parties is bad and/or limiting enough, and to suggest there is no alternative to Trump is like suggesting there is no alternative to polluting our water. I don't get that, at all!

Old 07-01-2017, 09:30 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,224,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You should include a link, but I doubt I need to read further to agree with you...

Most people feel that just two parties is bad and/or limiting enough, and to suggest there is no alternative to Trump is like suggesting there is no alternative to polluting our water. I don't get that, at all!
The point is the Dems need to reform. Trump's biggest weaknesses do not harm the country unless you obsess over twitter and cable news. The Dems meanwhile want to let millions of people with no skills in and put them on the welfare role. That harms us.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Is this another one of your little threads that you'll just delete once you lose control of the narrative like you did yesterday?
On the contrary, I don't delete anything, and I am never entirely understanding of what gets deleted or why threads get closed, just when it seems they're getting some traction...

I hope this comment doesn't get deleted for saying so.

I also don't try to "control the narrative!" On the contrary, I could really care less where the narrative goes, since I prefer and promote that sort of freedom that makes for all the more interesting commentary if you ask me.

This is not a "little" thread, no bigger or smaller than any other for starters, but your insulting premise is duly noted.

I appreciate the fact that you noticed, however. Otherwise I really don't know where you are coming from with all the rest...

Do explain yourself.

I don't even EVER put anyone on Ignore. Also childish if you ask me...

Last edited by LearnMe; 07-01-2017 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies