Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 06:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
How did you feel about the 500 mill 'investment' in solyndra. One of many taxpayer money giveaways?

or the 500 mill of taxpayer money invested to train 4 syrian rebels?

cash for clunkers anyone?

meanwhile the taxpayers are funding the former prez exteme vacations to exotic places. where is the outrage??
Why is it that people feel they can only condemn something if the other side goes first? I understand this happens and I warned about it for years (with it all coming true) but this is specifically about you.

Do you support this kind of government waste?

P.S. Solyndra should have sent people to prison. I said so at the time. Syria should have led to mass protests. I said so at the time. I did NOT support the cash for clunkers program and I do NOT support Trump wasting our funds in this manner.

You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 06:29 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's a fair and good point but we do have to point out your thread title notes it's a continuation of wasteful spending.
It is wastefull, look at what we are funding now. Trump Inc. is now on welfare. POTUS billing the country for using his properties and getting a share of it in his own pocket.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It is wastefull, look at what we are funding now. Trump Inc. is now on welfare. POTUS billing the country for using his properties and getting a share of it in his own pocket.
I didn't say it wasn't wasteful, I said I agreed that it was a continuation of wasteful spending. It's either wrong, or it's not. Obama spent a ton on travel also (IMO completely unjustifiably).

This stuff won't end until people agree to the big picture.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:17 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,865,329 times
Obama's travel/vacation expenses irked me too, even though I lean Democrat.

As has been suggested in other threads, there needs to be an annual limit set for Presidential travel of a personal nature. Anything above and beyond the limit will be out of the Presidents own pocket and not the taxpayers.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:24 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Really? Do you have a link showing "millions" per weekend? Did you ever complain when ANY other President spent money on trips?
Name another president who went on trips every weekend while in office. (Crickets). This isn't a partisan issue. This is a Donald is blowing through our money, Ds and Rs, like there is no tomorrow.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:27 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
So, nothing of substance again for the liberals to harp on. I don't know, maybe it is "envy" that gets them all riled up.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Name another president who went on trips every weekend while in office. (Crickets). This isn't a partisan issue. This is a Donald is blowing through our money, Ds and Rs, like there is no tomorrow.
When one fails to address and condemn an issue it continues to get worse.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:02 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Obama's travel/vacation expenses irked me too, even though I lean Democrat.

As has been suggested in other threads, there needs to be an annual limit set for Presidential travel of a personal nature. Anything above and beyond the limit will be out of the Presidents own pocket and not the taxpayers.
Donny Dummy is on track to spend in a year to 18 months what BO spent in 8 years. Not a good comparison and again Obama's spending wasn't at the same time lining his and his family's pockets.

So it's a false equivalency and no way BO could have done what Donny Con is now doing, without more severe consequences, and howls of indignation from repub knuckledraggers. But they are now crickets as this repugnant man baby lines his and his family's pocket, while simultaneously looting our Treasury.

But he is Making America Great Again - right?

Old 07-03-2017, 08:49 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I never complained about the expenses with Obama with a few exceptions, it comes with territory. It's not they can avoid using the taxpayers dime for travel. That time Michelle took a plane a few hours after the President went to same airport comes to mind as one exception.

Strange situation here with Trump because he isn't doing anything he wouldn't be doing normally.
My personal favorite has always been the separate plane to Bar Harbor for the Presidential Dog. Mr & Mrs Obama usually took separate planes for their vacation trips - I never got it, but I guess they just didn't like riding on the same airplane ...... but separate plane for the Dog?? That one took the cake.

I always thought it was kinda sad that neither the Clintons or the Obamas had a home they actually owned that they could travel to. It's got to be demoralizing to know you have to either Rent or Beg for a vacation trip or even a golf game.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:52 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Really? Do you have a link showing "millions" per weekend? Did you ever complain when ANY other President spent money on trips?
Of course there is no link or proof of "millions per weekend" ...... if there were, it would have been posted.
They are perpetuating a Myth and a lot of Green Eyed Jealousy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies