Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 12:21 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh. Now you attempt to move goal post rather than admit you were wrong.

This topic is about an ICBM.
LoL...did not know I was playing?

I was wrong where again? The topic, as stated, is about Trump's response.

So we're both off-topic? Or, can it be, we're just going where the flow of conversation takes us--in which case..within reason..there is no strict topic?

Splitting hairs--is kinda silly--what does one do with half a hair??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 04:12 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
President Trump backed off the "Currency Manipulator" designation because it no longer applies - "Currency Manipulation" is an Official US Treasury designation that must meet 3 criteria - China only meets one of the three at this time. Obama would have had cause to designation China as a Manipulator, but China began to pull back in 2014. The truck that S. Korea used for this launch was provided by China in 2012 (according to Reuters). I believe that Mr Trump & Secretary Mnuchin both explained all this - of course few pay attention and prefer the soundbites of a campaign instead of facts on the ground in a Presidency.

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Ditch His Threat to Call China a ‘Currency Manipulator’ |FortuneThese criteria for a country include: 1) a trade surplus in excess of $20 billion with the United States, 2) a trade surplus that amounts to more than 3% of that nation’s gross domestic product, and 3) repeated depreciation of its own currency by buying foreign assets equaling 2% or more of its GDP per year. explained all this,

Speaking on CNBC in February, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin made it clear that he plans to follow his department’s protocol. "We have a process within Treasury where we go through and look at currency manipulation across the board," he said. "And we'll go through that process."

N. Korea is a serious threat, and not just to the USA - I can't say I'm surprised that it's considered some sort of Joke to the Leftists, and just another way to attack the President of the United States.
Interesting, but begs the question: if China were pulling back in 2014, why did Candidate Trump make it a campaign promise in 2016 (it was a 'day one' promise)?

As to Mr. Trump and Mr. Mnuchin explaining such: I certainly do not recall Donald JOHN Trump giving any such technical explanation, and it is laughable for one to think he could have made such an explanation out of his head. Plus, we do have that tweet I cited, where he clearly indicated that the only reason he was not going to designate China as a 'currency manipulator' was due to their help on North Korea.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:07 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not sure what you mean by "border security and loyalties" when it comes to NK?

Re chemical or biological attack, say what? Might eventually be a concern, certainly, but for purposes of this thread, even Trump didn't go there. Missile tests alone are a big enough concern.
Cool that you think I'm qualified to know what we should do. If only.
If we head for war you will definitely hear about border security and north koreas chemical and biological weapons systems, its not just missiles needed to deliver death.

A handful of guys from a rather small and weak terrorist group slipped into america on 9/11 and killed 3,000 people and burned and maimed 6,000 and caused at least $10 billion in infrastructure and property damage.

A nation like north korea with its chemical and biological weaponry could do alot more destruction.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Did you see it coming when President Trump send the MOAB?
How about the 59 tomahawk missiles President Trump sent to Syria?
How about neither targeted country has nuclear capability nor the ability to launch an attack on the US? But I guess you enjoyed the Dog & Pony Shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
You won't see any of it coming, and certainly not on twitter!
Kim Jong Un and Obama are both stupid bimbos, both brag about things before they happen.
President Trump does not brag about military strategy in advance.

Trump brags about things and they don't happen:

“We’re going to deliver real change … That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as Obamacare … You’re going to have such great health care, at a tiny fraction of the cost – and it’s going to be so easy.” Donald Trump, October 25, 2016

Old 07-05-2017, 09:21 AM

10,749 posts, read 4,342,219 times
^ I was referring to military strategy, and that is why I said-
"President Trump does not brag about military strategy in advance."

Old 07-05-2017, 09:25 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
The left will go through their daily melt down and the right will praise him. Meanwhile Trump continues pushing his agenda while the left scrutinizes his every tweet. Next they'll be reading his tweets backwards looking for Satanic messages, lol.
So moving 100% of Ford Focus production to China is the "Trump Agenda"?

Trump is scared of China. He is scared of Russia. He is scared of N. Korea - because, even as he and his supporters admit, he knows nothing of either the office nor foreign relations.

So, in a sense you are right. His agenda is enriching himself and his family and that is what he is doing.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:57 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Since being in the public eye, be it business, or politics, Trump has always stated, "I never let the opposition know what I may be up too., the element of surprise always works".
"I never broadcast what I am going to do, in advance".
I think this statement says volumes about how the President may react to the North Korean situation.

My feeling is, he is going to blow them off the face of the planet,possibly taking some of South Korea as well, which would be unavoidable.
No one will know when it is happening, until it is actually done, however I do think he will have secret meetings beforehand with some high level people in congress.

With a strike so powerful that it destroys the entire country, some countries will admonish the action, and some praise it, but all will understand that the United States will not tolerate any rouge nations that threatens the safety of the United States.

Bob.

Old 07-05-2017, 04:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Since being in the public eye, be it business, or politics, Trump has always stated, "I never let the opposition know what I may be up too., the element of surprise always works".
"I never broadcast what I am going to do, in advance".
I think this statement says volumes about how the President may react to the North Korean situation.

My feeling is, he is going to blow them off the face of the planet,possibly taking some of South Korea as well, which would be unavoidable.
No one will know when it is happening, until it is actually done, however I do think he will have secret meetings beforehand with some high level people in congress.

With a strike so powerful that it destroys the entire country, some countries will admonish the action, and some praise it, but all will understand that the United States will not tolerate any rouge nations that threatens the safety of the United States.

Bob.
Do that, Bob, and the US will have a bunch of radioactive mounds of rubble when many of our cities currently sit.
Let's hope trump is smarter than that, or someone stops him if he tries.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:17 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do that, Bob, and the US will have a bunch of radioactive mounds of rubble when many of our cities currently sit.
Let's hope trump is smarter than that, or someone stops him if he tries.
And pray tell, what other country is friends with North Korea, that they would retaliate against the United States for wiping North Korea off the planet?
I can only think of one, and that is Iran.
That country is perhaps another one on the President's short list.

Bob.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
If we head for war you will definitely hear about border security and north koreas chemical and biological weapons systems, its not just missiles needed to deliver death.

A handful of guys from a rather small and weak terrorist group slipped into america on 9/11 and killed 3,000 people and burned and maimed 6,000 and caused at least $10 billion in infrastructure and property damage.

A nation like north korea with its chemical and biological weaponry could do alot more destruction.
Well then, I guess NK wins. We will all bow to Kim Jong Un to keep him from doing all that you list to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies