Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:27 AM

68,281 posts, read 54,060,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Twitter is for keeping the Trump Deranged, well Deranged.
Tweets by the deranged aren't contagious so, NO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 08:59 AM

76,946 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Good Morning, crazy weather last night.

Yeah he did
North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!
6:05 PM - 2 Jan 2017 - Lying Don.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:22 AM

3,090 posts, read 3,953,357 times
Tweets? Really? China's cooperation is necessary on several levels.

Here's some information tabout the threat North Korea is posing, China's response or needed response. "We can't repeat the same failed approach of the past." McMaster.

"As you know, if this goes to a military action, it is going to be tragic on an unbelievable scale." "Ultimately, we believe China will come to recognize North Korea as a strategic liability, not an asset." Mattis.

Mattis praises China's efforts on North Korea, dials up pressure on South China Sea | Reuters

Trump presented with military options for North Korea - CNNPolitics.com

Trump raises pressure on North Korea | TheHill

Mattis on War in North Korea: 'Tragic on an Unbelievable Scale' | Military.com

McCain: Attack North Korea once it points nukes at US

Old 07-04-2017, 09:26 AM

38,968 posts, read 27,360,104 times
well, it is going to be a bloody war. But I believe Japan and South korean can both defend themselves without American troops losing lives.

<shrug> Trump should play the N.K card with China and put China in herself. Other than that, keep the way it is. It is not the first time N.K launched the missile, it won't be the last time.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:28 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,166,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
He's an idiot.

All you can do is hope that someone has surrounded him with smart people who can control him.
That pretty much sums it up.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:29 AM

What should and would "SMART" people do?

Bomb NK? give me a break! When will Americans learn?! Stop being world police.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:29 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,427,493 times
Default The China strategy is a Failed one...

Let me understand this..we make another deal to sell weapons to Taiwan--infuriating China.

We send a US naval vessel to within 12 miles, (the internationally recognized boundary), of islands they claim in the South China Sea and infuriate China.

Then...we ask China to help with NK.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Let me understand this..we make another deal to sell weapons to Taiwan--infuriating China.

We send a US naval vessel to within 12 miles, (the internationally recognized boundary), of islands they claim in the South China Sea and infuriate China.

Then...we ask China to help with NK.
China won't help because they can't. NK won't listen to them.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:34 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,411,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!
6:05 PM - 2 Jan 2017 - Lying Don.
It still has not happened.

So he isn't lying as you insist.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:52 AM

17,335 posts, read 9,151,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I tend to agree. I had before expressed hope that China would be able to pressure North Korea. However, I am slowly turning to the viewpoint you expressed, that China rather likes having North Korea keeping the world's attention on them and off China.

As I noted yesterday in another thread, Mr. Trump had promised to declare China a 'currency manipulator'. He then backed off that threat, as President, after meeting with the Chinese leader, and tweeting about "Why would I declare them a currency manipulator when China is going to help us with N. Korea?" (paraphrased).

Since China is not helping (Mr. Trump thanked them for their failed effort in a tweet), will he revisit the currency issue? Or does he value his trademarks more?

I will note, for those that wonder why people pay attention to Trump's Tweets, that reasons include: 1) Sean Spicer declared that such tweets are 'official' White House statements, and 2) Mr. Trump has not held a press conference for 136 days.

I seem to recall threads that complained about Democratic politicians not holding press conferences. I guess times and minds have changed.

I do hope that Mr. Trump can get his golf game in today. Poor man, under such pressure.
President Trump backed off the "Currency Manipulator" designation because it no longer applies - "Currency Manipulation" is an Official US Treasury designation that must meet 3 criteria - China only meets one of the three at this time. Obama would have had cause to designation China as a Manipulator, but China began to pull back in 2014. The truck that S. Korea used for this launch was provided by China in 2012 (according to Reuters). I believe that Mr Trump & Secretary Mnuchin both explained all this - of course few pay attention and prefer the soundbites of a campaign instead of facts on the ground in a Presidency.

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Ditch His Threat to Call China a ‘Currency Manipulator’ |FortuneThese criteria for a country include: 1) a trade surplus in excess of $20 billion with the United States, 2) a trade surplus that amounts to more than 3% of that nation’s gross domestic product, and 3) repeated depreciation of its own currency by buying foreign assets equaling 2% or more of its GDP per year. explained all this,

Speaking on CNBC in February, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin made it clear that he plans to follow his department’s protocol. "We have a process within Treasury where we go through and look at currency manipulation across the board," he said. "And we'll go through that process."

N. Korea is a serious threat, and not just to the USA - I can't say I'm surprised that it's considered some sort of Joke to the Leftists, and just another way to attack the President of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies