Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 11:08 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
By jove let's give this Hitler chap a chance. It's just a bit of Czechoslovakia, eh? Let's let the continent sort out their own nations themselves.

Signed,

Neville "That appeasing puss-face" Chamberlain
It's amazing how many people think that letting the world go to hell around us is somehow beneficial for the US.

Not that I don't think we regularly overstep our bounds.

There must be some middle line.

I'm happy to talk about in a no-stakes environment.
I'm happy as **** I don't actually have to make those decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 11:11 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
China probably has much less influence on North Korea than we have on Mexico. NK is the worlds largest state prison.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
By jove let's give this Hitler chap a chance. It's just a bit of Czechoslovakia, eh? Let's let the continent sort out their own nations themselves.

Signed,

Neville "That appeasing puss-face" Chamberlain
Umm, I do believe NK has not invaded anyone lately, nice try at an analogy but it does not float.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:06 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Remember Trump said he'd be "honored" to meet NK's wacky leader. Perhaps he should go ahead and act on that. He will embarrass himself and the nation with the Putin face-to-face. Why not do the same with their nutjob leader?!

Old 07-06-2017, 07:48 AM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Remember Trump said he'd be "honored" to meet NK's wacky leader. Perhaps he should go ahead and act on that. He will embarrass himself and the nation with the Putin face-to-face. Why not do the same with their nutjob leader?!
Very constructive post, thank you.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I'm pretty sure we have the capability and arsenal to level the entire country if we wanted.

Several times over, should we do it as long as they've done nothing to us?

Old 07-06-2017, 08:09 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
It's amazing how many people think that letting the world go to hell around us is somehow beneficial for the US.

Not that I don't think we regularly overstep our bounds.

There must be some middle line.

I'm happy to talk about in a no-stakes environment.
I'm happy as **** I don't actually have to make those decisions.
NO. Its not that folks believe that nothing should be done. We believe that it is not our responsibility to involve ourselves in every problem, or use our military as the world police force.
WE have a UN. Isn't that what the purpose of the UN?
What about the Asian powers in the region?
We have spent Trillions of dollars acting as world cop and it isn't benefiting us. In fact it is making the world hate us.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:11 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
N Korea's first nuclear test was in 2006. You want to whine about Bush for a while and what he did/didn't do or would that be looking at a too big and realistic picture?

And BTW, WHAT is it 'we' are actually doing to "deal with the problem"?
Sure, throw him in the mix. As long as we can come up with an answer here. Something needs to be DONE about this problem. Not more "Strategic Patience" (kick the can down the road)

Old 07-06-2017, 08:12 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I'm pretty sure we have the capability and arsenal to level the entire country if we wanted.
And how many civilian casualties are acceptable. As it stands the left thinks we should warn the enemy before bombing them so no one gets killed by the bombs.
That said, just because we can do something doesn't make it our right, our job, or our responsibility to do it.
We have the UN. Maybe for once it should do its own job.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sure, throw him in the mix. As long as we can come up with an answer here. Something needs to be DONE about this problem. Not more "Strategic Patience" (kick the can down the road)
Why? How have missiles landing in the ocean threatened us? What is it you imagine we NEED to do every time some petty tyrant flaps his jaw? Khruschev once threatened to bury us. Should we have gone to war over that threat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies