Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 10:57 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

I'm proud that the people of this country stood up and told the establishment political class and the fascist left "go to hell!"

I'm proud that the people stood their ground and said "NO, we are not crowning a Queen" just because MSM and Hollywood said it will be so.

I'm proud that the Constitution is once again front and center.

I'm proud that we have a President who is actually trying his damn best to keep the promises he made.

Mostly, I'm proud to be an American no matter which party is in power.

This is the greatest country on earth.
I fully agree. Best 4th of July since 2008. But all 4th of Julys are special days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 10:58 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I'm a leftist and I definitely do NOT embrace illegal immigration. They need to go.
Be careful newengland. Those are fighting words. You may be in danger of having your lib card revoked.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:06 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I don't know call me old fashioned but when I see fireworks and consider the great men who founded this country and the millions of people since then that have given their lives to protect the country they cherish it is difficult not to think of the current political climate that we live in.

We have a lot of very loud people who would tear it all down for what? a pat on the back that they were PC and did the right thing in their minds. America is a very special place yet we have fools that protest with signs such as NO BAN NO WALLS. Isn't America worth protecting by making sure that the people who come here do not want to destroy it?

It is very odd how some on the Left take exception that America is special and they seem to want to take it down a notch. We were heading down that path and Trump as rude and loud as he can be has thankfully given us at least a 4 year stay on the path to an America we wouldn't recognize.

When you see the fireworks tonight take a moment to reflect how lucky we all are to live in America.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:12 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Today is Independence Day and I'm wondering how many of the people who vowed to leave the country if Trump won the election are celebrating Americas Birthday or are they all walking around like zombies today with black arm bands?

Has anyone heard from Cher lately? She told us she was heading to Jupiter.

I know I feel better about the future of our country since we dodged the bullet that was Hillary.

So tonight when you are watching fireworks will you be thankful that Trump won or wish that Hillary had or will you be walking like a disappointed Zombie toward the border?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Today is Independence Day and I'm wondering how many of the people who vowed to leave the country if Trump won the election are celebrating Americas Birthday or are they all walking around like zombies today with black arm bands?

I know I feel better about the future of our country since we dodged the bullet that was Hillary.

So tonight when you are watching fireworks will you be thankful that Trump won or wish that Hillary had or will you be walking like a disappointed Zombie toward the border?
While I never said I'd leave if Trump became president, if I had the money to immigrate to one of the Scandinavian countries I would.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:39 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:

Trump is a single politician among thousands.

In the grand scheme he means nothing, United States is much larger than he is.

The fourth is about the United States, which has survived many blowhards.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
It's not that easy to leave or more people would leave.

We tried to leave but it's nearly impossible to immigrate to another country. We would never break the law and become illegals either. We chose the UK first but their requirements are strict and, when you add in the financial cost of shipping your possessions across the ocean, we couldn't afford it.

This is a sad 4th for our country. It has a hollow feeling. We are flying the flag and will watch the fireworks but it's just sad to watch what is happening to the country we love.
I am curious how you feel about letting illegals stay in this country because you don't see, to condone illegally entering another country... UK is not hard if you coming from the US... Possessions can be sold and new ones can be bought, that's the whole point of starting a new life plus you get national healthcare... that should return any financial hit... so go ahead and leave... the US and U.K. would be better for it...

Old 07-09-2017, 06:59 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Is this anything like the conservative temper tantrum when Obama won reelection? Quite a few Cons on this very board threatened to leave the country, as I recall.
your recall needs a lot of work.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:35 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
If Trump wins a 2nd term you yourself may no longer live in the USA. You would not have to even move off the cape.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Is this anything like the conservative temper tantrum when Obama won reelection?

Not even comparable.
That was a "Tea Party",(pun intended) compared to the violent temper-tantrums, the loony-out of their mind-mental case liberals have thrown.

I don't remember any violent temper tantrums in 2008, or 2012, over McCain's or Romney's loss??
There sure was some whining, but no blood loss and other peoples property destroyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies