Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 06:43 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,619,187 times

Advertisements

Let's just let the poor freeze to death. Right? Some of these posters have no compassion. But, we need more babies. Crazy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 06:54 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
HA! How often does a landlord improve the property so his tenants can stay warm? It would give the landlord an incentive to rent to a poor person because weatherization would improve the property value (it's not a new bathroom) and at the same time, the tenant would be warm and not have to spend so much on the heating bill. Heating bills can be enormous.

Good point. This has long been one of my sorest points about renting - landlords generally have NO incentive to make their properties energy-efficient when they can simply stick their tenants with the utility bills.

(YES, high-end landlords seeking an upscale clientele DO seek energy efficiency, but such energy efficiency doesn't trickle down to low-income renters, and low-income renters have no way to feasibly maximize their home energy efficiency.)

Old 07-05-2017, 06:59 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I noticed how the left glossed right over this post. It didn't fit in with their fake moral outrage and self righteous indignation about poor, old women and young children freezing to death. It's so much easier to lie that Trump doesn't care about anyone except the wealthy, and lie about how he "never cared", and lie about how he's going to kill everyone instead of actually finding out what is really going on.

The uneducated masses have made their statements on this thread without a clue what they're talking about.

Again.

I do have a gripe about energy assistance programs which nobody else ever raises - the program works for people who can afford to live alone or as a family. It doesn't work for low-income adults who can't afford to live alone, which to me seems kinda screwy.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,872,044 times
If it's a government program there will be at least some fraud involved. No question about it. That said cutting off heating oil is a mistake. Better to make the recipients do community service to help pay for their oil.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:01 AM

36,461 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The only person I know who gets heating assistance is an elderly white woman, a Republican and voted for Trump. The OP and others who think this is only going to hurt democrats and poor blacks have a huge surprise coming.
Poverty and government assistance programs know no political affiliations.

But good to know you know one elderly white woman so well that you know her party who she voted for and what type of assistance she receives.

So do you know how much she gets from the LIHEAP program?
The max is 400$. I dont think that is going to save anyone from dying.

Thirty five years ago I worked in the program, it was just called LIEAP then. I went from grunt who went out and did home inspections and took applications to program director in our agency. The program is basically BS. IMO it did help a few, even elderly white women. (Although I did their inspections and subsequently checked in on them from time to time, I did not know their political party affiliation or what type of other assistance they received. ) Overall though there was rampant fraud in the program and the little clients received didnt amount to much. A lot of our clients used wood, coal or propane tanks so they would get a cash voucher which I'd bet my bum was not spent on heating.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:03 AM

35,649 posts, read 21,018,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I noticed how the left glossed right over this post. It didn't fit in with their fake moral outrage and self righteous indignation about poor, old women and young children freezing to death. It's so much easier to lie that Trump doesn't care about anyone except the wealthy, and lie about how he "never cared", and lie about how he's going to kill everyone instead of actually finding out what is really going on.

The uneducated masses have made their statements on this thread without a clue what they're talking about.

Again.

----prove otherwise--- and to really know-- you MUST leave your back yard---

Old 07-05-2017, 10:06 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,674,418 times
Stupid and heartless. Hat is dangerous kind of stupid.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:12 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,172,501 times
Let them eat cake! Things worked out well for that regime, right?

Old 07-05-2017, 10:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,256,351 times
Scrooge McDuck.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:21 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
I wonder why no other new organization has found out about this yet?

Anybody have any reputable links?

I mean, if it's true.....this would be on CCN 24/7...for days with panels....on how bad he is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies