Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 12:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So......

Laws aren't actually hard and fast rules so much as sort of a guideline then?

Especially so laws that you don't like/agree with?

Wow...who knew?

This really opens up a whole new world of possibilities.......
Like The Boston Tea Party and our Revolution? It's about the rights of the individual, not laws.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:30 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
So lets go ahead and Gowdin this: Germany WWII a law is passed that you must report your Jewish neighbors to the government so they can be carted off, you think that law should be followed and enforced?

No thanks. There should be limits for any moral person on how far they are willing to follow the letter of the law.

Lets say in a few years the Democrats elect the left wing version of Trump... and then with a super majority manage to pass a law banning all firearms. You going to come down hard on the cops/counties/states that refuse to enforce that law?
You're equating a law to enforce deportation on illegal felons who murder American citizens with Nazi Germany?

Really?

And you guys wonder why you lost the election....

Old 07-05-2017, 12:30 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Will someone pass me the fuchsia ? I want to color the world as it is. What happen to Kate was a preventable tragedy that could have been avoided without a new law. Democrats don't care about Kate or anyone like her. They want the anarchy of open borders no matter what the cost.
There are already penalties for reentering after removal, the law is very vague on specific increased penalties. I don't know that this law would have prevented that girls death.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:32 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
You're equating a law to enforce deportation on illegal felons who murder American citizens with Nazi Germany?

Really?
Reading comprehension not your strong suit huh? Maybe you should read back through the thread and point out where I did what you are saying I did.

Quote:
And you guys wonder why you lost the election....
Yep, you're right - Gary Johnson lost. I already knew he would when I voted for him, and I have not really been wondering why he lost now either. Don't regret it either, saved me from having to waste a vote on one of the 2 scumbags the main parties decided to run this time.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 07-05-2017 at 12:41 PM..

Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Or, we see laws like this as redundant and un-needed. What will this law do to prevent what happened that laws already on the books did not?
But, but, but THIS law has an emotional event attached to it! Why do you hate Kate so much???

Next on the docket: The "Hugs for cute puppies and kittens act" - don't worry about what is in it, you wouldn't want to come off as hating cute puppies and kittens now would you?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Ride that fatbob through a few red lights and you can be just like Kate. No one will think twice about passing a law against it.
Not sure what you're getting at here?

Any motorcycle rider who habitually runs red lights is asking to get killed.

What did Kate Steinle do to provoke or deserve getting shot by an illegal felon who should have been deported or in prision?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
liberals haven't done the right thing for a long time, why would they start now?
Must be getting harder and harder to say that with a straight face while Trump is in the White House.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Reading comprehension not your strong suit huh? Maybe you should read back through the thread and point out where I did what you are saying I did.

Yep, you're right - Gary Johnson lost. I already knew he would when I voted for him, and I have not really been wondering why he lost now either. Don't regret it either, saved me from having to waste a vote on the 2 scumbags the main parties decided to run this time.
When you compare anything/anyone to Hitler or Nazi Germany who isn't actually loading up boxcars , you lose the argument. ....

I lean Libertarian myself on a lot of issues......but not on immigration.

And I wasn't stupid enough to vote for Gary Johnson.

Talk about a deer in headlights.....

Last edited by FatBob96; 07-05-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 07-05-2017, 12:45 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,787,299 times
I support Kate's Law 100%. Any democrat or republican who votes against this bill is basically supporting illegals more than American citizens. Our safety should come first, this guy was deported numerous times and should not have been allowed back in this country, let alone wandering the streets freely. When will enough be enough with illegals?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:45 PM

Should be a damn law that laws have to be named in a way that the name of the law describes what the law actually does.

The patriot act could be renamed the "Spy on Americans" act etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies