Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I remember the predictions that Trump would kill the stock market...uh, just the opposite

Trump would kill jobs...uh, lowest unemployment in 17 years

International tourism would die...uh nope, historical record

International travel to US on the rise | TheHill
I don't remember -- but look it is a 13 month trend. Trump is able to keep an Obama trend going again -- this is so impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 06:30 AM

17,332 posts, read 11,249,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't remember -- but look it is a 13 month trend. Trump is able to keep an Obama trend going again -- this is so impressive.
Impressed or not, you know as well as everyone else the left predicted everything was going to hell in just a couple of months. The stock market would crash, unemployment would reverse and grow, the U.S. economy would to into a tail spin. None of this has happened.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:33 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,945,916 times
That is not what I've read. Many sources say that international travel is down because Trump has made tourists feel unwelcome, with good reason.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-tourism-to-us

Old 07-06-2017, 06:44 AM

51,641 posts, read 25,774,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That is not what I've read. Many sources say that international travel is down because Trump has made tourists feel unwelcome, with good reason.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-tourism-to-us
Wonder what the true tale is.

On one hand we read that everything is going great guns, couldn't be better. Stock market is on a roll.

Then read the number of new jobs is slowing done, month by month. Car sales are down the last six months. ...

Not sure what to believe.

But then, that was the whole point of the "disinformation" campaign, wasn't it?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-06-2017 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-06-2017, 06:49 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,104,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Trump has don nothing to change the market other than watch it continue to clime as it has been for 6 years now.

He did nothing to create any new jobs and in fact the market is still in a real slow increase .
Correct.

Statistics show that the economy has been doing quite well now for about 4-5 years. It's been on the upward tick and we've been out of the recession Bush put us into for a while now as well.

Donald Trump has not passed ANY legislation that affects the economy whatsoever. Literally, not a thing. Obama handed over a very healthy economy to Trump, and it's still going strong.

Do Trump supporters truly believe that 5 months of Trump is why the economy is doing well? Or do they just hate having to acknowledge that Barack Obama spent 8 years cleaning up after Bush, and it's because of Him, Barack Hussein Obama, that America's economy is so healthy?

Old 07-06-2017, 08:01 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,507,768 times
Default Remember all that Fake worry that tourism would die under Trump

yup.. i remember.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ourism-us.html

and as someone noted in that sad excuse for a thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's a slump over over an 8 (yes EIGHT) day period...........

You would figure that people would actually read the links they provide.....but I guess not....

Old 07-06-2017, 08:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,220,998 times
People were hurrying to visit before the banning started up.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:05 AM

17,332 posts, read 11,249,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Correct.

Statistics show that the economy has been doing quite well now for about 4-5 years. It's been on the upward tick and we've been out of the recession Bush put us into for a while now as well.

Donald Trump has not passed ANY legislation that affects the economy whatsoever. Literally, not a thing. Obama handed over a very healthy economy to Trump, and it's still going strong.

Do Trump supporters truly believe that 5 months of Trump is why the economy is doing well? Or do they just hate having to acknowledge that Barack Obama spent 8 years cleaning up after Bush, and it's because of Him, Barack Hussein Obama, that America's economy is so healthy?
Tell that to the rabid liberals who were screaming the stock market would crash and burn, peoples IRAs would be worthless, the economy would be so bad that the Great Depression would look like a walk in the park within a few weeks of Trump being elected.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:07 AM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
All I know is that local travel around here is down. How do I know? Because I live near a huge beachfront campground that is usually filled years in advance. RVs, big expensive trailers, etc.

I take my dog walking there and the owner said this is the first time EVER that they are not filled to capacity. His theory, from what his usual campers are saying, is that people are too uncertain about the future. They don't know if they're going to lose their health insurance, they don't know what's going to happen.

These are people who come from all over the country, not locals. He said people are hesitant until they know 2hat's going to happen. Of course, if health insurance is yanked away, people won't be spending money on vacations. Not the middle class. These cuts will kill the middle class and help the rich.
Except the OP said international tourism. Unless they are Canadians or Mexicans they aren't coming in RVs.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:09 AM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Correct.

It's doing well on the expectation that tax reform will happen and regulations will be limited and/or removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies