Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They have taken it to a whole other level though. I've never seen such cult like behavior before.
Yes you have. There is no way Hillary should have even been in the conversation. You even go on to prove the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
As the Republican party is destroying people's lives to cater to their corporate overlords...

Only clueless sheep would support the Republican party with how they're behaving and how insanely corrupt they are.
Yes, the GOP is big supporters of corporations BUT they make no bones about that. They don't claim they aren't. You can't condemn people for backing a politician for doing what they stand for. You can disagree BUT that is not what this thread is about.

The poor did very poorly compared to the rich and the corporations under Obama and that same policy would have continued under Hillary. There were a few, enough, that said No to make a difference but for the majority they ignored all of that.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:41 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
because snopes is a leftist leaning site.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:38 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Is anyone surprised that a group that will casually drop so many tenants of their religion and their concerns for moral leadership would also disregard facts that don't fit their worldview.

Quote:
In 2011, only 30 percent believed that personal immorality was consistent with an ethical performance of official duties. Today, 72 percent of white evangelicals—up an astounding 42 points–believe that the two can go together.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:55 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
You people are a disgrace with your venom, hatred and attacks. It's no wonder your party has nothing to offer. You should be worrying about fixing the issues that face this country and being constructive rather than spewing your nonsense.
The problem stems from a fundamental difference on what the issues facing this country are.

I don't find illegal immigration to be the biggest problem. Yah, they are illegal and breaking the law is bad. I can see finding solutions there that do not just include kicking them out because they broke the law. Not sure what those solutions are. I break the law every single day when I drive to and from work. The notion that immigrant are taking our jobs is absurd. There are help wanted signs ALL OVER the place where I am. And I can promise you that no American wants the farming jobs that they do here. And when they are gone, our food prices will skyrocket. (Add to that the protectionism that is also supported by this administration... sort of... will prevent us from importing cheap food from elsewhere.) We just have bigger fish to fry.

Where the economy is concerned, I don't think that tax cuts for the rich and for corporations are the answer. Trickle down economics has proven not to work time and time again. Profit motive has never been a motivator for the good of workers nor has it put money in the pocket of the lower and middle classes. Profit motive is all about putting more wealth in the pockets of the shareholders and executives. History has made this clear. Less regulation for corporations simply rapes the environment and gouges and ruins the middle class. Economic growth comes from building the middle class. That cannot be done without education. Innovation does come from profit motive. This is true. And there is still plenty of money to be made within the context of a regulated environment. (In fact, regulated environments tend to force corporations to look to long term growth rather than quarterly shareholder profit reports.) Innovation also comes from smart people who know how things work. Thus education. DeVos wants to strip access to education.

As for the social fabric of the country, I don't agree that the loss of religiosity is a bad thing. Nor do I think diversity is a bad thing. Quite the opposite. I think collaboration, acceptance and recognition that working together is the evolutionary advantage that allowed humans to ascend. I think that allowing companies to use their religious beliefs to be injected on others is wrong. If you are going to employ people or serve people, you should be prepared to allow them THEIR beliefs or lack thereof. If you find birth control wrong, don't use it. If you find gay marriage wrong, don't marry someone of the same sex. But you have no right to alter someone else' life based on your beliefs. If you can't do that, don't employ people. Don't serve people. That is the better answer. It is interesting to me that the same people who bark about women's responsibility to only have as many kids as they can afford are the same people who want to restrict poor people from reproductive choice. And I am NOT talking about abortion. The right way to end the majority of abortions is to give out BC like it was candy. I would also like to see greater research into BC than men can control that is more acceptable than condoms.

I could write a book. But people who are a lot smarter and a lot more educated than I already have. Yes! I like education in my leaders! It does not make them elite. It means they can learn the lessons of history and economics and foreign policy and and and all the other stuff.

I could go on. But you get the drift.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:10 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's easily duped supporters know he lies and are fine with it. It doesn't change their support for him.

Horribly sad isn't it? Emotional rhetoric based voters are a dangerous breed. This could end democracy as we know it. Look what's happening in Poland. This could very well be our future when the truth doesn't matter.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:40 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
This is laughable considering how many of you LOOVVVEEEE CNN!

Old 07-06-2017, 10:56 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
It is cult behavior. The most important thing to a cult is that everyone believes whatever they are told--it becomes their reality, and that the leader is perfect (therefore nothing he says can be false).

And look at how difficult it is to break people out of a cult. They actually have had to kidnap and deprogram people.

I would bet that if Trump bought an island and told his followers they could live there and he would be their leader that many of them would follow. Bigly. (But they would have to change the hats, because after destroying America, he would be making some island great again.)

Old 07-06-2017, 11:04 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Most trump supporter are operating on a system of beliefs. It's very hard to get facts into the minds of people who just believe something is true.
Trump cult members don't even believe the stuff is true. They just want it to be and that is all they care about. Our entire government is now under the control of manipulative scumbags that tell Trump's cult whatever they want to hear.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:25 AM

221 posts, read 187,373 times
My boss and a few family members are Trump supporters. I learned there is No room for intelligent discussion or debate with them. He could, as he's stated before, "shoot somebody" and get away with it.
Trump supporters have had very little to believe in for a very long time and they all seem to possess either an ignorance or avoidance of what history has taught us. They are desperate to believe in their new political messiah and will defend him to their own detriment.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Trumplings:

"We won! Everybody shut up!"

Tired of all that winning?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies