Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 04:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The one fact that has been well-established is that Trump and his supporters don't care about facts.
They are a serious threat to this country. In fact, next to Russia, they're the most pressing national security threat we have. They are actively destroying American democracy, weakening our power in the world, and selling us out to a foreign enemy.

Trump and his supporters need to be stopped before the US collapses entirely.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
They are a serious threat to this country. In fact, next to Russia, they're the most pressing national security threat we have. They are actively destroying American democracy, weakening our power in the world, and selling us out to a foreign enemy.

Trump and his supporters need to be stopped before the US collapses entirely.
You forgot they're a cult.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:49 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You forgot they're a cult.
Well, that's a given. Idolaters too. Very sick people.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM

745 posts, read 1,284,828 times
I recall the AP did a Trump "fact check" where one of their zingers was to point out that Trump falsely stated our trade deficit with Germany was "massive" because it was $55b, whereas the AP pointed out that our deficit with China was several times higher.

Therefore, according to the AP, Trump using the word "massive" for $55b was somehow false.

When I point out the fallacious nature of this to rapid Trump haters, they suffer from cognitive dissonance and just spew hate and call names.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
I recall the AP did a Trump "fact check" where one of their zingers was to point out that Trump falsely stated our trade deficit with Germany was "massive" because it was $55b, whereas the AP pointed out that our deficit with China was several times higher.

Therefore, according to the AP, Trump using the word "massive" for $55b was somehow false.

When I point out the fallacious nature of this to rapid Trump haters, they suffer from cognitive dissonance and just spew hate and call names.
You mean like all their outrage when they believed Trump insulted a reporter because he was disabled and the mainstream media told them that's what happened and they should be outraged?

Despite the fact there were multiple video's of Trump insulting other people in exactly the same way who had no disability?

Show them the videos and they go but, but, but the reporter was disabled. So? That's not why he said the guy didn't know what he was talking about.

Gotta love people who stay so busy projecting their own inability to detect lies/spin/agenda on other people.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:31 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Its hilarious that the left mindlessly accepts the fact checkers versions of everything.

So many times they are frantically spinning their own alternative facts or outright distorting the truth themselves.

But, the left laps it up as truth.
Where do you get your facts?

Old 07-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Where do you get your facts?
Not from the fact checkers lol, that's for sure.

It is increasingly difficult to sort fact from fiction as the main stream media melts down in its derangement over Trump being elected.

I usually wait for any given story to play out over a few days. Sooner or later the truth comes out as lies and spin is exposed for what it is.

I mean when we have the FBI Director testifying that the NY Times is making up stories that bear no resemblance to truth..........there is a problem with the press.

Hopefully they will self destruct soon and reinvent themselves.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:41 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Not from the fact checkers lol, that's for sure.

It is increasingly difficult to sort fact from fiction as the main stream media melts down in its derangement over Trump being elected.

I usually wait for any given story to play out over a few days. Sooner or later the truth comes out as lies and spin is exposed for what it is.

I mean when we have the FBI Director testifying that the NY Times is making up stories that bear no resemblance to truth..........there is a problem with the press.

Hopefully they will self destruct soon and reinvent themselves.
So I repeat, since you did not answer the first time, where DO you get your facts? Thus the title of the thread. You don't care.

Do you believe that US for profit media are your only choices?

Old 07-06-2017, 06:55 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's easily duped supporters know he lies and are fine with it. It doesn't change their support for him.
When you stop to think that Hillary was the alternative, we're fine with Trump's short comings. Next election, don't set the bar so low and dems may finally start winning again.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So I repeat, since you did not answer the first time, where DO you get your facts? Thus the title of the thread. You don't care.

Do you believe that US for profit media are your only choices?
I answered you. If you don't like the answer, that's not my problem.

I read multiple sources, and wait until there is consensus on the truth, which with regard to major issues usually happens over time. I no longer accept anything the main stream media spouts as truth to be the actual truth.

The fact checkers are worthless.

Here's an example.

Presented as evidence that Trump supporters do not accept facts. Trump supposedly claimed Michigan and Ohio were hemoraghing jobs at some point during the campaign. According to the fact checkers unemployment in both states was between 5-6%. They didn't say it, but that is generally accepted to be at or close to full employment. That was their sole evidence to call Trump a liar.

To me that is meaningless info and proves nothing. They could be right or wrong, I don't know. Could also be that tons of burger flipper jobs were created. I'm quite sure Trump was talking about good jobs paying middle class wages. In any case, I am quite sure there are no mass migrations to Michigan/Ohio for great paying jobs.

So that is hardly evidence that Trump is a liar or that Trump supporters are unwilling to accept facts. It is simply the left leaning fact checkers spinning their anti Trump agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies