Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 11:16 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times

Advertisements

We are all in the same boat. Neither side is all good or all bad. We should resist being labeled as liberal or conservative. Don't judge a book by its cover. We must diligently seek out truth.

Trump's divide and conquer strategy gives his base an eternal enemy to fight against. As long as Trump keeps his base distracted with conflict, they won't notice how badly he's hurting them. The biggest threat to authoritarianism is unity. We're all on the same boat. So don't let yourself get labeled and separated into a category. Only one person benefits from a divided country and it's neither you nor me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:18 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
We are all in the same boat. Neither side is all good or all bad. We should resist being labeled as liberal or conservative. Don't judge a book by its cover. We must diligently seek out truth.

Trump's divide and conquer strategy gives his base an eternal enemy to fight against. As long as Trump keeps his base distracted with conflict, they won't notice how badly he's hurting them. The biggest threat to authoritarianism is unity. We're all on the same boat. So don't let yourself get labeled and separated into a category. Only one person benefits from a divided country and it's neither you nor me.
THis thread will be closed soon because its the Truth.

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:

Actually, that would be the Democrats with the whole identity politics thing.

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
His base is the American people .
How bad is he hurting his base ?

Old 07-06-2017, 11:22 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
He's certainly got the "divide" part of that strategy down.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:20 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
LMAO..Leftists are MASTERS of this. It's Alinsky 101.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
LMAO..Leftists are MASTERS of this. It's Alinsky 101.
No, the British are. They invented it.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:

Sorry, but authoritarianism strives for unity. And, sorry, but labels exist, will always exist, and there's nothing intrinsically wrong with them. They're fluid.

But although you're certainly right that neither side is "all" good or bad, it's very clear to many of us that a side that is fine with bigotry, fine with ignoring the law, fine with crotch-grabbing, fine with letting people die because their medical care was made unaffordable, fine with cozying up to authoritarian regimes, fine with insulting our long-time allies, fine with shafting underprivileged people at every turn, find with encouraging environmental degradation, fine with undermining health/safety regulations - well, that's certainly "bad" in my book.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:55 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
His base is the American people .
How bad is he hurting his base ?
I'm American. I was born here. I'm not his base.

So, yeah... he's hurting his base because he's not trying to be the president of all the people.

Just the ones who fawn over him.

Go back and see how Bush Jr. did his best to unite everyone after he was elected despite losing the popular vote.

Trump should have taken a page from Dubya's book on that particular topic.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:59 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Actually, that would be the Democrats with the whole identity politics thing.
That's what I was thinking. If Trump is using divide and conquer he certainly learned it from the DNC and Dem Party. That's probably what they're best known for these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies