Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Haven't you read about the thousands of US Boots on the Ground in Syria?
The first enemy plane we have shot down in almost 20 years?

Trump is very likely to start WWIII - in fact, it may have already started. Our old allies now know they cannot count on us to uphold western values - we are in league with both the Russians AND the worst of the worst of Islam (the 9/11 perps...Saudis).

At the same time, Trump's mouth is alienating leaders all over the world. The only leaders who approve are dictators and despots.

Then again, this constant war is very profitable.

Trump is not going to get high marks as a peacemaker, that's for sure. Remember - in his own words - he's not going to tell you what he is doing. That why it doesn't surprise me that the thousands of Boots on the Ground in Syria or the vast numbers of newly dead civilians (American "mistakes") aren't bigger news.

I guess if you don't know about it - it's not happening, right?

Remember, Nixon didn't get us into Vietnam. In fact, his whole talking point was getting us out. Has Trump gotten us out of Afghanistan or Iraq or Syria yet? Or are we likely to get deeper in?

Obama got Bin Laden. That was Mission Accomplished in Afghanistan. What the heck are we doing there now?
Bin Laden was in Pakistan. Had been since 2001. People like yourself is why we have Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 02:27 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Bill Clinton anyone??

Old 07-06-2017, 03:14 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
I'm going to pass. If you think the past presidents were all "presidential" you don't know history. Lets see Starting in 1960
JFK-well known womanizer
LBJ- well known to show off his "johnson"
Nixon-Lying, scumbag that had to resign
......Shall I go on?

First, your response has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

But, second, it's nuts to be comparing a normal, flawed human being like JFK, who in fact tried to keep his womanizing private (as did Bill Clinton, by the way), to someone like Trump, who not only is flagrantly public not about his womanizing, but has a jaw-dropping list of deplorable qualities and despicable acts to his credit - conflicts of interest, money laundering, alienating our traditional allies, lying endlessly, profiteering, racist discriminating in housing, rolling back citizen safeguards...

Trump has done what one would have thought impossible - he makes Nixon look good by comparison.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Uh, he's currently trying to manipulate us into war with Syria and North Korea. And I consider destroying the entire fabric of American democracy to be a smidge worse.
And I agree

Old 07-06-2017, 05:41 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
I'm going to pass. If you think the past presidents were all "presidential" you don't know history. Lets see Starting in 1960
JFK-well known womanizer
......Shall I go on?
The POTUS of 2016 has a befitting name.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:43 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Oh yes, BJ-in-the-oval-office was so upstanding!

Old 07-06-2017, 05:47 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
It's how he acts in public. He sets a bad example for kids with his bullying and name calling. Tweeting in the middle of the night just because somebody disagrees with him.

His private life is his own and even though I'd rather have a good family guy who is a nice person, it's not as important as how he behaves when in the public eye. He represents our country to all of us, to our kids, and to the rest of the world.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
JFK-well known womanizer
......Shall I go on?
Will not disagree about Nixon, though I believe LBS and his 'johnson' was head and shoulders above Trump (and his small fingers and small personality).

But you cannot even say JFK in the same sentence as Donny.

I dare you to go watch clips of JFK (war hero, prolific author) with the press corp. Watch his press conferences. He is witty, bright, engaging, humorous, quick and very very smart. Trump is not fit to clean his shoes.

When JFK was weary of being beat up by the press, he complained to an associate about it, who sympathized. Then JFK went on to say that he was glad the press challenged him the way they did because it was great practice for dealing with Kruschev, who wasn't lucky enough to have a free press to question him.

JFK was brilliant class.

Trump is a whiny little brat, who ran from military service, cheated people in business and is doing a miserable miserable job of being an apprentice president.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:00 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Until Trump gets a hummer from an intern in the Oval Office, liberal whining about his conduct is just more whining partisan hackery.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:12 PM

809 posts, read 747,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Until Trump gets a hummer from an intern in the Oval Office, liberal whining about his conduct is just more whining partisan hackery.
Given his obesity, age, and likely dementia, there's probably nothing left to "hum". Don't get me wrong, if he's still around in 2020, the deplorable's, the greedy rich, and the star-struck will probable vote for him (again).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies