Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 04:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't see any Democratic Party mandating women cannot work and biblical scripture being read allowed as a woman is forced to have sex with a man in order to procreate.
Well, it could be worse. Everyone knows most liberals have fantasies of a Nazi nation where those who aren't worthy are sent to gas chambers by an all powerful government.

I guess the GOP and their HL desires is a little better than the DNC and their gas chambers and concentration camps.

(This has been a public service announcement highlighting kooky thinking)

Old 07-06-2017, 04:52 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
I don't see the Democratic Party mandating women cannot work and biblical scripture being read allowed as a woman is forced to have sex with a man in order to procreate. I don't see the Democratic Party dehumanizing women as nothing more than baby incubators.
Like I said, minor differences.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:02 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, it could be worse. Everyone knows most liberals have fantasies of a Nazi nation where those who aren't worthy are sent to gas chambers by an all powerful government.

I guess the GOP and their HL desires is a little better than the DNC and their gas chambers and concentration camps.

(This has been a public service announcement highlighting kooky thinking)
I don't know anyone that regards all that as anything other than extreme conservative, i.e. "show me your papers" laws.

"The idea of a totalitarian regime is to intimidate people so much that they don't speak up," says the Canadian author.

'The Handmaid's Tale' Author Margaret Atwood Sees a Totalitarian Drift | Hollywood Reporter

GOP health care vote: Twitter responds with Handmaid's Tale references

Old 07-06-2017, 05:05 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
I don't see the Democratic Party mandating women cannot work and biblical scripture being read allowed as a woman is forced to have sex with a man in order to procreate. I don't see the Democratic Party dehumanizing women as nothing more than baby incubators.
The DNC just plays the race card constantly, panders to illegal aliens and hate white people. Yeah, much better than the GOP.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I don't know anyone that regards all that as anything other than extreme conservative, i.e. "show me your papers" laws.

"The idea of a totalitarian regime is to intimidate people so much that they don't speak up," says the Canadian author.

'The Handmaid's Tale' Author Margaret Atwood Sees a Totalitarian Drift | Hollywood Reporter

GOP health care vote: Twitter responds with Handmaid's Tale references
It's no surprise that political extremists buy into the delusions of other political extremists.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:09 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
I don't know how you can view modern authoritarian social-engineering leftists as some sort of defenders of liberty.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:11 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
The bottom line is both parties suck.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:20 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
The Handmaid's Tale has long been likened to the Republican party, even by Margaret Atwood herself.

Margaret Atwood says rise of Trump has made The Handmaid's Tale popular again | The Independent
I doubt that people who do not read much are very aware of or familiar with Atwood's work.

Reading through some of these comments makes it apparent that those who disagree with her views simply bash her or call her stupid because they disagree with her, not because of any constructive reviews of her work.

I imagine they are also award-winning, best-selling authors.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
The DNC just plays the race card constantly, panders to illegal aliens and hate white people. Yeah, much better than the GOP.

So several blacks are killed in various high profile shootings resulting in BLM and that means the DNC hates white people? That is a leap only the city bus in Speed could make. The Handmaid's Tale is likened to the GOP by the actual author of The Handmaid's Tale.

Here are 5 signs Margaret Atwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I doubt that people who do not read much are very aware of or familiar with Atwood's work.

Reading through some of these comments makes it apparent that those who disagree with her views simply bash her or call her stupid because they disagree with her, not because of any constructive reviews of her work.

Thanks. If they haven't read the book, these posts do make more sense.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

It's not her work that is being bashed, it's her insane view of the GOP.

Portraying the GOO as such monsters might even cause slightly off people to head to the. Awe all field with a rifle.

We certainly know that Hitler loved to demonize those he didn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies