Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 08:35 AM

3,316 posts, read 2,132,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't think Ayaan Hirsi Ali agrees with you.
Nor should she, Sarsour tweeted the following of Ali: "She's asking 4 an A$$ whippin'. I wish I could take their vaginas away - they don't deserve to be women."

These are the sort of trojan horse individuals that the far-left seems to welcome as bedfellows of convenience.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Activist Linda Sarsour Calls for 'Jihad' Against Trump Administration | Fox News Insider

In this speech she wants the American Muslim community to launch a "jihad" against Trump, and then says her only loyalty is to Islam and the Muslim community, not to the United States, and that she isn't interesting in assimilating into American culture.
She was born in the US and was a Bernie supporter.

Did you bother to read the link? It contradicts the sensational click- bait headline. Sarsour called for " non- violent jihad- using words as opposed to violence".

No shortage of online media chose to use a similar sensational headline. Not all bothered to clarify that she advocates for non- violent jihad- the use of words, not violence.

People tend to believe anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Since she is calling for a Jihad that means the secret service should investigate her. She might have added hat she want a non violent jihad but we all know that Muslims don't have a non violent jihad. Muslims and their jihad means "take over and use all means"!
And another who chose not to read the article which contradicts the sensational headline.

She made clear her intention is non- violent jihad- using words, not violence.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
We're a nation made up of Irish, German, English, African American and Italian cultures, along with a smattering of others.

What did they steal?

What culture are you actively part of?
Celebration of Christmas was unlawful in most colonies. Importing indentured servants from Ireland, had a huge impact. They refused to assimilate and openly celebrated Christmas.

Took nearly 100 years for Congress to declare Christmas a national holiday only after it became obvious, there was a $ to be made.

I am hard- pressed to think of any particular culture unique to America.

There are more than 40,000 different Christian denominations/ sects. Most consider their way the right way.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Then deport these people, they are just enemies of the American culture and our way of life.
Sarsour was born in the US and advocates for non- violent jihad. Some media omits " non- violent" when they portray her.

She has been and continues to be a frequent guest on Fox News.

My own sense of her is that she is a political opportunist and latches onto controvercy. She penned an article,
"My hijab is my hoodie" during the Travon Martin ordeal.

You all seem outraged that a Muslim woman chooses to call for non- violent action and have no issue with violating free speech and calling for the deportation of a US citizen born and raised in the US.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:56 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sarsour was born in the US and advocates for non- violent jihad. Some media omits " non- violent" when they portray her.

She has been and continues to be a frequent guest on Fox News.

My own sense of her is that she is a political opportunist and latches onto controvercy. She penned an article,
"My hijab is my hoodie" during the Travon Martin ordeal.

You all seem outraged that a Muslim woman chooses to call for non- violent action.
So what? Her community is not a country.

She said that Muslim-Americans' number one priority should be protecting and defending their communities, not assimilating or pleasing people in power.

Like I said, she can criticize her government all she wants, I have zero problems with that. Nobody is supposed to please the people in power anyway.

But when she says her number one priority is protecting and defending her own little communities, and not assimilating.. she needs to realize that she is on her own. Does that mean that she would stop blaming others for viewing Muslim "community" (lol, are they just regular Americans? ) as an unassimilated tribe? Is she doing the Muslims-Americans any favor?

I hope she realizes that her red bold is not helping her community. I doubt majority of American Muslims agree with the red bold. Or maybe I am just being optimistic.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I was thinking the same. Who cares what someone or a group wants to do as long as it does not hurt me or others. I wouldn't care if a bunch of muslims were having weird drugged out sex with goats while bouncing on trampolines but the moment they tell me that I need to join in or they will kill me then that is a problem.

We all assimilate to society in one way or another. The other day I was in my sports car and wanted to open it up on a curvy road but the 30 mph speed limit and fear of a speeding ticket stopped me. We have speed limits for a reason and that is to protect people from crashes.

We assimilate for the safety of society. It would seem that this woman has no concern for the society that she willingly moved into or did her husband give her a choice?

Her calls for jihad against Trump needs to be investigated. Let the CIA, FBI and SS turn her life upside down just in case she is plotting something and let her be charged if her demands are followed out by some idiot.

Maybe she is actually the role model for muslims in the US and she broke the secrecy ?
She calls for non- violent jihad- using words, not violence.

She was born in the US.

She seems to choose her words carefully to gain maximum media attention. That media would drop the " non- violent" part of her jihad comment was predictable. It probably resulted in a dozen opportunities to be interviewed.

She plays the same media game that Trump has been doing for decades. What kind of man gives a schlock jock permission to call his daughter a piece of ass and freely discusses his daughter's breast size? It's all about attention.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
She was born in the US.
so what?

Old 07-10-2017, 11:19 AM

487 posts, read 544,944 times
Quote:
She calls for non- violent jihad- using words, not violence.

She was born in the US.

She seems to choose her words carefully to gain maximum media attention. That media would drop the " non- violent" part of her jihad comment was predictable. It probably resulted in a dozen opportunities to be interviewed.

She plays the same media game that Trump has been doing for decades. What kind of man gives a schlock jock permission to call his daughter a piece of ass and freely discusses his daughter's breast size? It's all about attention.
Non-violent or not, her words, body language, tone and attitude towards this country can incite violence she may not even be aware of.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
Non-violent or not, her words, body language, tone and attitude towards this country can incite violence she may not even be aware of.
Nonsense. You're just scared. Pipe down. Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies