Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:59 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Rush Limbaugh and Fox News have filled their tiny minds with manufactured outrage for all things Obama. And these aren't the type of people who are going to read a newspaper (other than the National Enquirer), change the channel, or use the internet to gain a greater understanding of the healthcare policies that they're benefiting from.

These dopes are both woefully and willfully ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What did you find good in Obama? His new wars? His refusal to end the old ones? The massive give away of our health to the insurance/pharmaceutical lobby? His massive bail out to Wall Street leaving the poor behind? Refusing to hold those who broke our laws personally responsible like he promised?

What exactly?
Not that anything in my post that you quoted states my great love for Obama, but since you asked, he's the only politician who ever did anything that directly helped me: I have a health insurance policy that I can afford, because of the ACA.

Thanks, Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 12:04 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Not that anything in my post that you quoted states my great love for Obama, but since you asked, he's the only politician who ever did anything that directly helped me: I have a health insurance policy that I can afford, because of the ACA.

Thanks, Obama!
I hope that is true and I never asked you why you loved him but that entire system is falling apart and it is NOT just the fault of the Republicans. If it's less expensive for you, you are in the extreme minority. For most, costs are still out of control along with millions still not able to access health coverage.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:20 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why are Liberals too stupid to understand that, while Obamacare may have helped some people , it screwed over a lot more than it helped?

Why are Liberals too stupid to understand that health insurance is not healthcare?

Why are Liberals too stupid to understand that simply having coverage is kind of useless if your premiums and deductibles are so freaking high that you can't afford to actually USE your the heath insurance you're paying for?
Why are Conservatives too effing dumb to understand that we are all in this boat together, that leaving folks behind is a **** move.

Why are Conservatives too effing dumb to understand that with the exception of the quite wealthy or very healthy, health insurance is health care.

Why are Conservatives too effing dumb to understand that they are being lied to about ACA. It's not falling over a cliff of it's own accord, Republicans are pushing it.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I hope that is true and I never asked you why you loved him but that entire system is falling apart and it is NOT just the fault of the Republicans. If it's less expensive for you, you are in the extreme minority. For most, costs are still out of control along with millions still not able to access health coverage.
You have been misinformed. This could help get you up to speed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.4dc362534039

It's not like there's some glorious past to go back to. Costs were out of control ten years ago with lots of people losing their health insurance, caps, pre-existing conditions, etc.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You have been misinformed. This could get you up to speed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.4dc362534039

It's not like there's some glorious past to go back to. Costs were out of control ten years ago with lots of people losing their health insurance, caps, pre-existing conditions, etc.
I never claimed otherwise. I am NOT arguing going back to what we had is the answer but you know that.

Obamacare can not survive without huge subsidies to the insurance industry.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I never claimed otherwise. I am NOT arguing going back to what we had is the answer but you know that.

Obamacare can not survive without huge subsidies to the insurance industry.
Sorry. Got you confused with some nitwit on this thread who wanted to go back to how it was before.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:05 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some of us live in the real world where the GOP is trying to repeal ACA and leave us with nothing. We do NOT need your progressive purity tests where perfect is the enemy of the achievable. Single payer is NOT happening in this climate, no matter how much you whine. I'll take what we can get, add a public option and continue to take incremental steps forward over a big fat goose egg any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

And btw, universal healthcare is NOT synonymous with single payer.
Ty. The Bernie bros annoy me just as much and do just as much damage as the GOP these days.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Speaking for myself, I liked what I had before the Unaffordable care act was passed. Now I have higher co-pays, a deductible, and hidden costs that I didn't have before. Those hidden costs make you afraid to go to the doctor.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:42 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
... It's not falling over a cliff of it's own accord, Republicans are pushing it.
Very true.

Congress could have been improving it all along, instead they kneecapped it ... set it up for a fall.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Very true.

Congress could have been improving it all along, instead they kneecapped it ... set it up for a fall.
They could have provided ever increasing subsidies to the insurance industry. Is that really what you support? A taxpayer bail out of insurance companies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies