Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 07:59 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Horse Hockey.

And that link doesn't work either... at least not on.my phone.
You might want to get your insurance to fund you a new phone.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean others don't either.

Either way repeal is not the solution. Replace isn't the solution either. Just fix and adjust what is in place. Obama and the Democrats put a template in place to be worked and changed. Too bad our government can't work together to fix it.

I am so thankful for my insurance through my company. I know that it can change at any moment but right now it is absolutely the gold standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 08:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nice spin on the part of the article. Factually 7% want to keep it.
51% want to keep and improve it.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:11 PM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You might want to get your insurance to fund you a new phone.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean others don't either.

Either way repeal is not the solution. Replace isn't the solution either. Just fix and adjust what is in place. Obama and the Democrats put a template in place to be worked and changed. Too bad our government can't work together to fix it.

I am so thankful for my insurance through my company. I know that it can change at any moment but right now it is absolutely the gold standard.
There is no "fixing" what's in place.

Obamacare was designed to fail and to be impossible to fix.

A necessary stepping stone to single payer that people would not otherwise accept.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
51% want to keep and improve it.
Once you fix what is wrong, it's no longer Obamacare. The biggest thing wrong with it is the insurance companies. How do you fix that and still claim it's Obamacare?

Old 07-09-2017, 12:27 AM

550 posts, read 637,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some of us live in the real world where the GOP is trying to repeal ACA and leave us with nothing. We do NOT need your progressive purity tests where perfect is the enemy of the achievable. Single payer is NOT happening in this climate, no matter how much you whine. I'll take what we can get, add a public option and continue to take incremental steps forward over a big fat goose egg any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

And btw, universal healthcare is NOT synonymous with single payer.
^^This^^ +1

Old 07-09-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofvegasgirls View Post
^^This^^ +1
Wall Street is running our health care........I have no idea how you can be satisfied with that.

Old 07-09-2017, 02:19 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
Obamacare has a lot of issues but there are 3 important parts of it that need to be kept no matter what. These policies appliy to all insurance plans now, not just the ones on the exchange.

1. Insurance companies are no longer allowed to deny people with pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies would refuse to cover these people pre-Obamacare because they couldn't make a profit off of them.
2. Obamacare banned lifetime limits set by insurance companies for desperately needed care. If you went over the limit, you were almost certain to go bankrupt and be denied essential care.
3. 11 Essential Health Benefits. These are absolutely essential. Many pre-Obamacare policies didn't have these and therefore were insurance policies in name only. Two of the most important essential benefits are prescription drugs and emergency care. What the hell good is an insurance plan without prescription drug coverage and emergency room coverage?

If Republicans ensured these 3 MAJOR factors were preserved in their healthcare plan, I would support it. But without them, it's worthless and we move farther away from the goal of universal coverage and quality care for the American people.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Obamacare has a lot of issues but there are 3 important parts of it that need to be kept no matter what. These policies appliy to all insurance plans now, not just the ones on the exchange.

1. Insurance companies are no longer allowed to deny people with pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies would refuse to cover these people pre-Obamacare because they couldn't make a profit off of them.
2. Obamacare banned lifetime limits set by insurance companies for desperately needed care. If you went over the limit, you were almost certain to go bankrupt and be denied essential care.
3. 11 Essential Health Benefits. These are absolutely essential. Many pre-Obamacare policies didn't have these and therefore were insurance policies in name only. Two of the most important essential benefits are prescription drugs and emergency care. What the hell good is an insurance plan without prescription drug coverage and emergency room coverage?

If Republicans ensured these 3 MAJOR factors were preserved in their healthcare plan, I would support it. But without them, it's worthless and we move farther away from the goal of universal coverage and quality care for the American people.
Insurance companies shouldn't be deciding anything.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post

You mean like Medicare?

Old 07-09-2017, 05:50 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Conservative Corner Of California Pushes To Preserve Obamacare : Shots - Health News : NPR

She likes what she has, but only because she's not intelligent enough to understand that it's the ACA that provides her coverage. She voted for the GOP who is planning on taking her coverage away, and probably will be shocked and surprised if that actually happens, even though it's what she voted for.
And what is she going to do when her insurance company pulls lout of Ca, like is happening all over the U.S.?

Do a search using this, "insurance companies pulling out of obamacare" like this one,

"UnitedHealth Group, the nation's largest health insurer, announced Tuesday that it will be pulling out of Obamacare's insurance marketplaces in most states where it operates, raising questions about what the move would mean for customers and whether competitors would carry out their threats to leave as well."

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...care-exchanges

Humana, Blue cross, Aetna, etc are pulling out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies