Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times

Advertisements

So only the "mainstream" media is allowed to be bigots, lie to the American people and promote their views? Anyone that doesn't comply is to be shut down with lies, claims of bigotry and fabricated laws against those that toe the leftist line.

Seems like this is a lot like what we saw in 1930s Germany.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 03:54 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,687,497 times

Old 07-12-2017, 03:58 PM

73,003 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
And who gets to decide who is a bigot?

It seems to me that many people haven't a clue as to the definitions of terms such as racism or bigotry.

I saw some of the stuff posted by Hans A**holeSole posted. Yes, he used the N-word. Apparently he was critical of Jews, too.

Sorry, but use of the N-word, as distasteful and ugly as it is, is not necessarily indicative of racism or bigotry. Some blacks use the N-word all the time, and no one believes that they are racist or bigoted against blacks.

Use of the N-word is distasteful and ugly. But, rather than racism and or bigotry, it could indicate hate or a strong dislike. While unfortunate and certainly not ideal, neither hate or a strong dislike necessarily indicate racism or bigotry, or for that matter, even prejudice.

Words have defined meanings. We should all use the same definitions of these words, otherwise, there is no hope of effective communication.

As it is, there are morons here who believe that any critical word is equal to and clear evidence of racism and bigotry.

Sorry, but, that's just plain ignorant.

I don't want CNN (or any other idiots) playing Humpty Dumpty with words.

And what do you mean by reigned in? Silenced? Sanctioned?

Who are you people?
Who gets to decide? Well, how about common sense. Common sense says that being a racially prejudiced person is also being a bigot. I have a good definition of what racism and bigotry are. Truth is, being both are not mutually exclusive. Being a racist means believing that someone is inferior because of their race. In most cases, hatred and bigotry follow along with that.

Something else, I don't care what you have to say about the "N" word. No one should be using the "N" word. It is a racially motivated term. Why else would anyone use that word other than their own hatred of Blacks? And I don't care if there are Black people using it. It is still wrong. A lot of people who are racists and bigots use the "N" word to describe Black people. It's all the same to me.

This is what I mean be reined in. There should be a social consequence to being a bigot. No, we don't have to silence said persons. However, I'm very much happy to see such persons ostracized socially. Said persons should be looked down on.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
What's a bigot?

Who defines what a bigot is, you or does it depend on group think?

I guess I'm one of the bigots but I don't care. That's the problem with all this social justice Warrior garbage it will finally get to the point, a point where I am right now, where I don't give a damn what anybody thinks and there are a lot more people, just like me, than the left can ever imagine.

Let me tell you something, I go out of my way to be politically incorrect because I don't care. The last thing that I will ever allow is someone telling me what to say and what to think. Ain't going to happen.
A bigot is someone with a hatred or prejudice towards those simply because they are different. Being a racist/racially prejudice and being a bigot have a lot of overlap.

If you go out of your way to be "unPC" just for kicks, that shows a petulant mindset. Personally, I want to be as far away from bigoted(particular racially prejudice) types.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:03 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
I don't care ,I can change the channel.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:16 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times
CNN didn't learn a thing from #CNNBlackmail. Let CNN try it. They haven't seen anything yet.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:19 PM

I don't watch CNN for the news. I don't watch the news. For this reason, I will never watch FOXNews either. Most of my news I get from BBC or NPR, if I go looking for the news. I don't want political jingoism with my news. The only reason I would tune in to CNN is to watch Anthony Bourdain, Parts Unknown.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:25 PM

A little Google search.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=bill+o...=en-US&PC=DCTE

How does anyone feel about Bill O'Reilly and his cocaine comment?

And this shows FOXNews as well as CNN has problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies