Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 02:44 PM

88,572 posts, read 44,294,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
WTH! I just ran some errands, came back to the news and now at least 8 people were at that meeting!
Yes. Lobbyists. Working on behalf of Russia and Putin to try to repeal the Magnitsky Act.

Loretta Lynch let the Russian lawyer operative into the US without a visa, and all hell broke loose on the lobbying for Russia and Putin front.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:47 PM

25,404 posts, read 9,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
What independent press? Is the press reporting that the Obama Administration under guidance of AG Lynch provided a 'special circumstances' visa to the Russian lawyer days before the "meeting"? That the Russian lawyer was lobbying Congress? She never should have been in the country to being with.

Why isn't THAT on the front page of the NYT, WP, MSNBC and CNN?

Because it doesn't fit their narrative. You keep on bringing up FOX: that's one source leaning conservative vs ten or more liberal sources.

Nice try.
Actually, I did read she was already here. So I guess Obama MADE Don Jr. have this meeting with her?

Old 07-14-2017, 02:53 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,214,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That contradicts info from the DOJ obtained by The Hill as part of the court record.

Exclusive: DOJ let Russian lawyer into US before she met with Trump team | TheHill

So, perhaps you shouldn't believe NY Times fake news?
You said Loretta Lynch. Are you just saying generally because she was head of the DOJ at the time or are you saying personally? The other article is saying it would be under Homeland Security not the DOJ anyway. I'm assuming this is just an attempt to sideline the real issue because I don't think it matters how she got here anyway but I was wondering if you had anything to back up what some guy told the President.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,488,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Tell that to the pedos who show up thinking they're gonna hook up with a kid...they don't actually have to hook up physically with a kid in the sting to get arrested.
I'm sure that poster finds it unfair when a wanna be terrorist is caught before they actually did anything. To think otherwise would be hypocritical, would it not?

Old 07-14-2017, 02:54 PM

13,506 posts, read 16,959,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I ran another google search and turned up this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/u...a.html?src=twr

Ms. Veselnitskaya, according to the report, was granted immigration parole to represent a Russian businessman, Denis Katsyv, in a money laundering case in New York City.

But the use of parole for entry is not particularly unusual, and approval authority lies with the Department of Homeland Security, not the Justice Department. And there is no indication that Ms. Lynch was personally responsible for the decision.

Unless you can show me something to the contrary I think it's safe to assume this is just Trump making stuff up again.

I don't even think it's him, it's his propaganda apparatus..Fox, Hannity, talk radio, all selling the same line of BS, and idiots here thinking it will deflect anyone form the real story: Trumps campaign intended to collude with Russian agents to win an election, when they've repeatedly denied there are no associations.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:55 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,481,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i know. i've debated if it could have been a set-up but all the actions since don't support that conclusion. i think it truly is just a matter of incredible stupidity.
The only way to get a sting here is to show that Goldstone and the two lobbyists were working for Fusion GPS or some other entity.

There's also a Rolling Stone article out that says this kind of diversion was a common tactic to get attendance by whomever they were trying to lobby for repeal of the sanctions.

Trump-Russia: Russiagate, Magnitsky Affair, Linked Again - Rolling Stone

13,506 posts, read 16,959,540 times
Quote:
You said Loretta Lynch. Are you just saying generally because she was head of the DOJ at the time or are you saying personally? The other article is saying it would be under Homeland Security not the DOJ anyway. I'm assuming this is just an attempt to sideline the real issue because I don't think it matters how she got here anyway but I was wondering if you had anything to back up what some guy told the President.
There's no assuming, it's 100% deflection. Sad that any person who doesn't actually get paid by the Trump campaign is sad enough to try to sell this as the real story.

25,404 posts, read 9,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
So Jr, a private citizen, meets a Russian lawyer, another private person, in a private location, where no money or information was exchanged. And has nothing to do with Trump in anyway except that it was President Trump's adult self responsible son. Lets distill it down, what crime was committed by President Trump?
You really are having a hard time following all this, aren't you? Jr. was working on daddy's campaign. A Russian counter-intelligence person was at that meeting in June 2016 apart from the lawyer. Documents were presented. Here's your link. http://www.businessinsider.com/rinat...documents-2017

Old 07-14-2017, 02:56 PM

88,572 posts, read 44,294,084 times
Quote:
You said Loretta Lynch. Are you just saying generally because she was head of the DOJ at the time or are you saying personally? The other article is saying it would be under Homeland Security not the DOJ anyway.
The Hill has actual documents. The NY Times is "guessing." You do the math.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,159,363 times
Quote:
That contradicts info from the DOJ obtained by The Hill as part of the court record.

Exclusive: DOJ let Russian lawyer into US before she met with Trump team | TheHill

So, perhaps you shouldn't believe NY Times fake news?
The articles say the same thing. I.e,. the DOJ is referred to as 'Obama's Justice Department', the 'DOJ,' 'Loretta Lynch' (because she's the head of the dept.). You are splitting hairs to prove a point that is really just a deflection from the topic.

Quote:
The Hill has actual documents. The NY Times is "guessing." You do the math.
What documents?

Do you honestly believe the DOJ colluded with Russia to help Trump win by getting dirt on Hillary? Use logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies