Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 04:24 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times

Advertisements

There is, of course, that noted headline from the pro-Trump newspaper, the New York Post, of:
Donald Trump Jr. is an idiot
Donald Trump Jr. is an idiot | New York Post

But, apart from that, think about this guy. Is he maybe an extreme example of what happens if you're brought up in a wealthy home that happened to also be anti-intellectual and founded on corruption and bullying? Donald Jr. went to Wharton - presumably a legacy child, via his father, and never went beyond a B.S. (no pun intended). When he briefly separated from his family early in adulthood, he didn't launch into anything particularly admirable, just was briefly a bartender. Apart from that, like his father, he has apparently never had what most people would consider a real job, one where you can get fired. He probably doesn't know how to find anything out for himself, but probably delegated that kind of thing. Since he probably didn't have any boss, outside of his short-attention-span father, he probably never learned the basics that most executives learn in their struggle up the corporate ladder. He probably just focuses on ends, regardless of the means - and probably doesn't have much of a habit of really analyzing much.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:26 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
My impression until now, based on the few times I have heard him speak, is that he is not particularly bright. Average, at best.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:27 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
There is, of course, that noted headline from the pro-Trump newspaper, the New York Post, of:
Donald Trump Jr. is an idiot
Donald Trump Jr. is an idiot | New York Post

But, apart from that, think about this guy. Is he maybe an extreme example of what happens if you're brought up in a wealthy home that happened to also be anti-intellectual and founded on corruption and bullying? Donald Jr. went to Wharton - presumably a legacy child, via his father, and never went beyond a B.S. (no pun intended). When he briefly separated from his family early in adulthood, he didn't launch into anything particularly admirable, just was briefly a bartender. Apart from that, like his father, he has apparently never had what most people would consider a real job, one where you can get fired. He probably doesn't know how to find anything out for himself, but probably delegated that kind of thing. Since he probably didn't have any boss, outside of his short-attention-span father, he probably never learned the basics that most executives learn in their struggle up the corporate ladder. He probably just focuses on ends, regardless of the means - and probably doesn't have much of a habit of really analyzing much.
Yeah..the focus is on Jr.--but I'm sure it was Kushner and Manafort doing the heavy thinking.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:28 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No.......you didn't answer the question.

If the Russians had info that Hillary did something illegal would you have wanted to know?

Yes or No?
My answer is YES!

Further the proper way to have handled it is to inform the FBI before the meeting, have the FBI record the meeting and let the FBI and FECA investigate any improper party actions.

Instead the meeting was kept secret and established the fact that Team Trump was willing to receive support.

Further, from that point forward it was critical for Trump to stand and deny that the Russians provided support.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:29 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
actually polls consistently showed between 33-40% of republicans believed in some aspect of birtherism.
Which, not surprisingly, is about the same number as folks in this poll that think Trump is 'innocent'.

Fancy that.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:29 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
If the Russians had info that Hillary did something illegal would you have wanted to know?

Yes or No?
Of course, but if I'm running for president I make sure my team doesn't obtain that info illegally. Like say via surreptitious meetings that they can't recall and don't admit to until they've been caught.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Are there news articles about this? Or hints one way or another.
This is from April and the last I heard about it.

A senior congressional official with direct knowledge said Flynn's lawyer was told it was "wildly preliminary" and that immunity was "not on the table" at the moment. A second source said the committee communicated that it is "not receptive" to Flynn's request "at this time."
Michael Flynn's Immunity Request Rejected By Senate Intelligence Committee - NBC News

Old 07-15-2017, 04:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That was their plan but it didn't work out. That is why Trump, SR said he was going to have some information about Hillary soon.
And still you didn't answer the question.

So again, I will ask you if the Russians had information that Hillary did something illegal would you want to know?

Yes or no.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
No.......you didn't answer the question.

Yes or No?
Only if it went through the proper channels like notifying the FBI and let them handle it.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
And still you didn't answer the question.

So again, I will ask you if the Russians had information that Hillary did something illegal would you want to know?

Yes or no.
Wow! You asked me at 6:16 and at 6:35. I must have been answering it while you were asking again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies