Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 02:44 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

I hope you are all following along. Don Jr. is before the committee today and has already admitted the meeting was taken to "see if Hillary was fit for office" - that is, to try and dig up dirt. He even admitted to being concerned and that he was going to see a lawyer about it (he must have thought again and decided "nah").....

So this is somewhat settled. He took the meeting with the Russians in order to get - from the Russian Government - Opposition Research on his Dad's opponent.

This is really starting to smell. If we know that, what don't we know?

Now - remember - as most have made clear it is perfectly legal to LIE to you and me...to the public, to the press and even to your dad. It is NOT legal to lie to Congress.

I just love that particular power...I wish Congress used it more to trip up these criminals using their own words.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I hope you are all following along. Don Jr. is before the committee today and has already admitted the meeting was taken to "see if Hillary was fit for office" - that is, to try and dig up dirt. He even admitted to being concerned and that he was going to see a lawyer about it (he must have thought again and decided "nah").....

So this is somewhat settled. He took the meeting with the Russians in order to get - from the Russian Government - Opposition Research on his Dad's opponent.

Now - remember - as most have made clear it is perfectly legal to LIE to you and me...to the public, to the press and even to your dad. It is NOT legal to lie to Congress.

I just love that particular power...I wish Congress used it more to trip up these criminals using their own words.
If what has been put out on his testimony is accurate, he sounds like a loon.

Why is he talking about seeking information to see if Clinton was fit for office? Does he not realize what he's saying?

Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:

Because when you wanna know if someone if fit for the office of POTUS, you consult Russia.

LOL, it just writes itself. How long have they had to prepare for this, and this is the best they can come up with?

Old 09-07-2017, 03:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:

Had him for 5 hours!

Old 09-07-2017, 03:27 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Maybe they were getting tips on how to beat Hillary?
that's what donnie j. jr just testified to.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:30 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:

really the issue is, what it legal or not. The fact is, there is/was nothing illegal about meeting with the Russians to do opposition research.

nada

Old 09-07-2017, 03:33 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
really the issue is, what it legal or not. The fact is, there is/was nothing illegal about meeting with the Russians to do opposition research.

nada
Why did they initially lie and say it was about adoptions then?

They only told the truth when all the evidence was indisputable.

Last edited by OnOurWayHome; 09-07-2017 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-07-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

nada
Are you an attorney? An Election official?

Somehow I doubt you are well versed in the idea of meeting with a foreign GOVERNMENT representative for such things....and, then, of course lying about it.

Remember, Al Capone was put away for what?

Old 09-07-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why did they initially lie and say it was about adoptions then?

They only told the truth when all the evidence was indisputable.
Oh, they tell some of the truth before Congress because if they don't they are done for. Even the low-IQ Trumps know that much.

Unlike smaller local and state cases, this one can't be buried now. It's going "all the way". Once enough info is out there, then Flynn and the other traitors are going to have to rat or face jail.

This is probably the biggest deal in terms of government related treason and/or fraud since Teapot Dome and Republican POTUS Harding who allowed it all.

"Before the Watergate scandal, Teapot Dome was regarded as the "greatest and most sensational scandal in the history of American politics"."

I wonder if anyone gets the hint that the three largest scandals in the last 100 years of POTUS were....Republicans? That's quite a coincidence especially when you add the Reagan Admin that had more jailed and indicted members than any admin in history.

Quite laughable that some people think this is the "moral majority" party....

Old 09-07-2017, 04:05 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Oh, they tell some of the truth before Congress because if they don't they are done for. Even the low-IQ Trumps know that much.

Unlike smaller local and state cases, this one can't be buried now. It's going "all the way". Once enough info is out there, then Flynn and the other traitors are going to have to rat or face jail.

This is probably the biggest deal in terms of government related treason and/or fraud since Teapot Dome and Republican POTUS Harding who allowed it all.

"Before the Watergate scandal, Teapot Dome was regarded as the "greatest and most sensational scandal in the history of American politics"."

I wonder if anyone gets the hint that the three largest scandals in the last 100 years of POTUS were....Republicans? That's quite a coincidence especially when you add the Reagan Admin that had more jailed and indicted members than any admin in history.

Quite laughable that some people think this is the "moral majority" party....
Crazy, eh?

In the last fifty some years, convictions of those in various WH administrations.

Republicans - 89

Democrats - 1

From the looks of things, the odds will get even longer with this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies