Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:25 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
This thread would be 100 pages in hours if it was Michelle or (an older) Sasha and Malia meeting with any foreign country to find dirt on the McCain's or Romney's. And if it was a Middle Eastern country...good grief.

And because it's one of "them", then no biggie.
Yeah, it would be a sticky thread for sure.

******** Sticky: BREAKING 7/11/17 David Axelrod and Obama Colluded with Iran**********

Old 07-11-2017, 08:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
This calls for indictments!!
Where does Maxine stand on this issue?

LOL!
How much sand can one person pound?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:27 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Well said. I just can't believe that Republicans, who have always been first in line with being a patriot and not selling out to a foreign government are now so blinded by Mr. Golden Bucks that they are fine with foreign involvement in American government.

Sad very sad. In the old days they had a word for that. Traitors
The way they see it, the majority of America (Hillary's voters) are the enemy, and so they see collusion with Russia as a great act of patriotism.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Are you clinging to this thin thread or are throwing out bait?

There are "federal criminal statutes prohibiting solicitation or acceptance of anything of value from a foreign national, as well as a conspiracy to defraud the United States."

There was was some initial nonsense about adoptions which turned out to be about the Magnitsky Act sanctions, thus confirming that Trump Jr. was at, the very least, negotiating U.S. foreign policy which, as luck would have it, is also against the law for private citizens. Who knew, eh?

Trump Jr. now claims "he didn’t know the name of the Russian lawyer before their meeting." Also, the meeting was "initially presented to him as a chance to obtain opposition materials about Clinton."

Donald Trump Jr. in legal danger for Russia meeting about Clinton dirt - POLITICO

Rumor has it there's an email to Trump Jr. that the meeting would be about getting dirt on Hillary from the Kremlin.

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/...-himself/3801/

But if I were a Trump supporter, I wouldn't give any of this the time of day. It's obviously just a leftie gotcha.

Everyone says campaign staff trade
always trade future favors for current help from foreign agents.

Happens all the time.

Nothing to see here.
I'm not a Trump supporter. I simply know it's incredibly stupid for people to place the hopes of something being here as their parties future. There isn't.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So, according to the email, Donny Jr., Manafort, and Kushner knew before the meetiing that the lawyer was offering info on Clinton from the Russian government. Looks like we have ourselves a smoking gun.
There is nothing illegal with that.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Justifying the inappropriate behavior of Trump Jr, the initial lies of he and the Trump campaign by pointing out that someone else was doing something wrong, doesn't exonerate the fact they were trying to sleep with Russia to win the election. It just doesn't. You can't spin it -- Trump Jr. has come out and owned it.
I don't get how they are hyping this up to be some scandal. If someone, anyone, contacts you and tells you they have concrete evidence your political opponent broke the law, you take that meeting. Who wouldn't? In this case, the bait was very believable. We all know that some of that money that went into Hillary's very formidable war chest was dirty. If someone can expose that, whoever it is, it isn't just good for the other candidate, but better for democracy as a whole as it helps get dirty money out of elections. Now, if they had concrete evidence of Kushner sitting down and conspiring with the FSB to hack into election machines, then they would have something, but we all know nothing like that exists.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:32 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't know that. I don't think that can be proven. And assumptions cannot be the basis for impeachment proceedings.
Well, seeing as this lawyer was being monitored by Intel, and the members of the Intel committee said they have more info on this that the public doesn't know, they very well may have Trump on recording in that meeting.

So yeah, it can be proven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
/yawn. Your constant nonsense defense of the most egregious, corrupt administration in US history is get tiresome.
I would think continuing to lose elections would get tiresome. This is not how the (D)'s will win elections.

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yup, the Russian fairy tale is dead. But see above. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. It just gives libs another excuse to bash Trump for 100 posts or so. They're beyond boring to read but libs find it thrilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So you're reading this thread why?
Whistling past the graveyard...

Old 07-11-2017, 08:34 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
There's nothing illegal here. They were told there was dirt on the Clinton campaign during an election season. You go check it out. You might not like it, it might be ethical shady but don't tell me the Clinton's wouldn't do the exact same thing if they had the opportunity.
The Left will try to make everything Trump or his people or his family do, illegal. They won't stop. If one allegation doesn't work, they will try another. If that doesn't work, they will move onto another. They will look under every stone, three times, looking for any smidgen of dirt. It will keep on going so long as Trump is in office, which could possibly be as long as 8 years.

If they don't find any, I wouldn't hold it past the Left to fabricate things up either. After Trump, they will do the same for every Republican president. The Left is intolerant of democracy. It must only be them in power, nobody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies