Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Trump and company collude with an enemy of the USA to win the presidency?
Yes 213 59.83%
No 143 40.17%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, actually there is. Confirmed by lawyers, investigators, and members of Congress. You haven't the foggiest clue how the law works, so how would you know?

Your pathetic attempts to keep defending this are disgusting. If Clinton did this, Republicans would have already drawn up impeachment proceedings and be planning for the treason trial.
Again, they would have and you would be defending them.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
/yawn. Your constant nonsense defense of the most egregious, corrupt administration in US history is get tiresome.

The burning question is about whether you can defend Trump without using Obama or Clinton as a deflection. My guess is no.

Defend him for what? Nothing illegal, or out of the ordinary done.
It is just virtue signaling your army.
What is wrong with checking your virtue?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:47 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They could have had a party at Chuckie Cheese and there would have been nothing illegal about that. "Connected".

"Hey, I have some dirt on your opponent"

"Yeah, what have you got"?

There is absolutely NOTHING illegal there.
Then why did they lie about the meetings? Why are they being investigated?

Old 07-11-2017, 08:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
They could have had a party at Chuckie Cheese and there would have been nothing illegal about that. "Connected".

"Hey, I have some dirt on your opponent"

"Yeah, what have you got"?

There is absolutely NOTHING illegal there.
We don't KNOW that. The story keeps evolving.

The meeting isn't an isolated event. It occurs in the context of a campaign. What was happening before the meeting, what happened shortly after, what was being proffered, are a part of the bigger picture. Did the conversation contain any negotiation? Like Russian hackers will give Wikileaks a bunch of hacked info on Clinton, that will obscure the trail, and in exchange, after Trump is elected he will address the sanctions that led to the problems with adoption between our countries? We don't KNOW what happened during this meeting, or the numerous other meetings that evidently occurred. We do KNOW that Trump's campaign was DEFINITELY aware that the Russian government wanted HIM elected.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then why did they lie about the meetings? Why are they being investigated?
Over the years when I condemned the lies of a politician people would jump to their defense and say "they all lie". Do I believe we should pass off lies like they were nothing? Absolutely not, but if common lies were prosecutable there may be two or three politicians left.

Trump does lie. All of the time. Among many reasons that is why I did not vote for him. You can't charge them for simply lying.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We don't KNOW that. The story keeps evolving.

The meeting isn't an isolated event. It occurs in the context of a campaign. What was happening before the meeting, what happened shortly after, what was being proffered, are a part of the bigger picture. Did the conversation contain any negotiation? Like Russian hackers will give Wikileaks a bunch of hacked info on Clinton, that will obscure the trail, and in exchange, after Trump is elected he will address the sanctions that led to the problems with adoption between our countries? We don't KNOW what happened during this meeting, or the numerous other meetings that evidently occurred. We do KNOW that Trump's campaign was DEFINITELY aware that the Russian government wanted HIM elected.
They probably did and with good reason when Hillary was threatening to shoot down their planes in a place we have no business being in. All countries likely have their favorite going in. Hell, Obama gave Netanyahu's opposition taxpayers money to try and beat him.

We interfere with the elections of other countries all of the time. We even intercede and kill their elected leaders when we do not like the outcome. Condemnation starts at home.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Over the years when I condemned the lies of a politician people would jump to their defense and say "they all lie". Do I believe we should pass off lies like they were nothing? Absolutely not, but if common lies were prosecutable there may be two or three politicians left.

Trump does lie. All of the time. Among many reasons that is why I did not vote for him. You can't charge them for simply lying.
The charge is not for lying. They lied because they knew they had broken the law. They lied to cover it up.

Quote:
“The law states that no person shall knowingly solicit or accept from a foreign national any contribution to a campaign of an item of value,” explains Ryan Goodman, a former Defense Department special counsel and current editor of the legal site Just Security. “There is now a clear case that Donald Trump Jr. has met all the elements of the law, which is a criminally enforced federal statute.”

Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Donny JR and Trump campaign staff met with an attroney tied to the Kremlin
Who cares? I remember back in the old days when Obama said he would like to meet with Iranian leaders.

I bet you just howled your little head off back then, didn't you?

Old 07-11-2017, 09:02 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
this weeks hysterics .... how many of these "bombshells" have we heard before, Americans have grown tired of this and want to know about their healthcare, not Don Jr. meetings over a year ago. Dems should wise up and pursue an agenda, not this silliness.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
this weeks hysterics .... how many of these "bombshells" have we heard before, Americans have grown tired of this and want to know about their healthcare, not Don Jr. meetings over a year ago. Dems should wise up and pursue an agenda, not this silliness.
I want to remove the treasonous scum that are currently running the country. This isn't going away, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies