Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 11:36 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Radical Obama ruined the democratic party as they followed him into his radical positions. Trump fulfilled the American people's desire of the direction they wanted to go..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Republicans have mastered the art of fear. They know their followers are scared of every little boggie man out there and all they have to do is find out which boggie man their followers fear most.

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Trump got elected because of fear, the fear of Hillary

Old 07-09-2017, 11:37 AM

252 posts, read 124,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So I've been wondering why/how Trump got elected.. I finally figured it out.

Fear.

The right has always played the fear card. Fear this country, fear that group of people, the list goes on. The left does the same but mostly it's fear the right.

The right loves to tell us that everyone is coming to kill us, take the country from us, etc.
My mom used to watch Fox News and listen to them tell everyone how afraid we should be of Obama and his Muslim brotherhood. She even thought Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Which I find interesting because the crime rate dropped while he was in office.

According to the FBI’s most recent annual compilation of crime reports published Dec. 14, there were 2,216 fewer murders and deaths from no negligent manslaughter in the U.S. during 2014 than in 2008, the year before Obama first took office. That’s a 13 percent reduction in the number of homicides.
The drop in all violent crime — including homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault — is even greater. There were 229,078 fewer violent crimes in the U.S. in 2014 than in 2008, a drop of 16 percent, according to the FBI.
And because the U.S. population was growing, the violent crime rate dropped even faster than the absolute numbers. In 2014, the homicide rate was 4.5 per 100,000 inhabitants, down from 5.4 in 2008.

If you keep reading the link overall we as a nation were in more then decent shape.

Granted nothing is perfect or ever will be in our country or any place else.

Obama's Numbers (January 2016 Update) - FactCheck.org

You can't sit there and watch this video below and tell yourself that it's not fear based without lying to yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qxbfjtj1II
People figure out fear eventually and let it go. But when fear is backed up by FACTS they tend to vote in their best interests. They knew Clinton was the end of America as we know it and voted in their best interest for the right candidate. I thank my lucky stars every day we got Trump elected. I really didn't want to send my children off to Eastern Europe to have some sort of sane life when they hit college age but I was ready to.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:37 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Do I have to go find the thread where obama gave billions and trillions to foreign aid to boot?

I wasn't born yesterday. Democrats are scum. Schumer Gillibrand Cuomo Pelosi the whole lot of them. They need to convince people they're a victim of something and they're not able to overcome daily life and should be taken care of by uncle Sam trading liberty for comfort and receiving neither. Pander to minorities and then ignore them, that's messed up. They're all shady used car salesmen that promise you a little old man drove that car and took good care of it because it makes you feel good.

Wake up and smell the covfefe! They exploit and use people for their political gain, and want weak mindless lemmings to believe they can't make it on their own and should have all free everything screw the guy who's working for a living he's a sucker. Screw those who are capable to handle their own life.

Just remember. Any government that holds the power that can provide you with anything and everything, has the power to take it back and thensome. About time we have a person in charge who puts the American People First! I'm 29 I have a business and it's starting to pick up pace. You expect me to want to succeed so I can be taxed for bums and jokes to have everything provided for them? You must be silly.

I'd love to hire a crew of people at 15-20 per hour. For that to happen I'd have to go at it full time and if I had less taxes to pay I could do it. I could hire people on for 10 per hour as it is... but I couldn't justify paying peanuts to experienced faithful employees that's a GD insult! But no... tax the rich! Drive them out of business! Make them produce goods over seas due to their evil carbon emissions, make them continue sweatshop production overseas to maintain overhead, let them hire on illegals and migrant workers over paying good wages... so Where's the incentive for me say go corporate and become successful only to be shunned and taxed and penalized?

Nope. You can't convince me there is anything beneficial voting democrats. I wasn't fond of the Republicans who were running either. Trump could have ran on any party ticket and he'd still win, know why? It wasn't fear fool, he hit on all 8 cylinders and he's doing everything to focus on what truly matters. But yall go on with your incessant whining and nonsense emotional tirades... Russia Russia Russia...

Fools. The whole lot of ya

Old 07-09-2017, 11:39 AM

810 posts, read 667,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So I've been wondering why/how Trump got elected.. I finally figured it out.

Fear.

The right has always played the fear card. Fear this country, fear that group of people, the list goes on. The left does the same but mostly it's fear the right.

The right loves to tell us that everyone is coming to kill us, take the country from us, etc.
My mom used to watch Fox News and listen to them tell everyone how afraid we should be of Obama and his Muslim brotherhood. She even thought Obama was the Anti-Christ.

Which I find interesting because the crime rate dropped while he was in office.

According to the FBI’s most recent annual compilation of crime reports published Dec. 14, there were 2,216 fewer murders and deaths from no negligent manslaughter in the U.S. during 2014 than in 2008, the year before Obama first took office. That’s a 13 percent reduction in the number of homicides.
The drop in all violent crime — including homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault — is even greater. There were 229,078 fewer violent crimes in the U.S. in 2014 than in 2008, a drop of 16 percent, according to the FBI.
And because the U.S. population was growing, the violent crime rate dropped even faster than the absolute numbers. In 2014, the homicide rate was 4.5 per 100,000 inhabitants, down from 5.4 in 2008.

If you keep reading the link overall we as a nation were in more then decent shape.

Granted nothing is perfect or ever will be in our country or any place else.

Obama's Numbers (January 2016 Update) - FactCheck.org

You can't sit there and watch this video below and tell yourself that it's not fear based without lying to yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qxbfjtj1II
You clearly have NO idea why Trump won the election. It's time to watch something other than MSNBC. What a sad existence you and your fellow liberals wallow in.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
His investments might have been in the Russian stock market instead!

Only a fool would have lost money in the stock market under Obama's tenure.
Keep dreaming. I said stagnant. Not losing...

Old 07-09-2017, 11:45 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
By the time we walked into our polling places, there were only two viable choices and Hillary was one of them. Throwing your vote away on someone who isn't going to garner enough votes to be elected? You might as well stay home.

I'm Democrat. The loons on the left fear monger all the time. Oh my God - they want to rob us of having control over our own bodies! They'll reverse Roe v. Wade! The Republicans want to tear parents away from their children and break up families! Guns are the cause of all the killing! It's easier for black impoverished youth to get a gun than it is for them to access a computer!

And let's not talk about shaming people and their false accusations whenever anyone says something they disagree with. They scream Islamophobia if someone says they don't think women should be allowed to wear a burka for a drivers license photo, yet demand someone not wear a shirt bearing the American flag because it's insensitive. Or they state people are against immigration and anti-Hispanic if they're pro-legal immigration but not illegal aliens.

These are the people who have moved me further to the center. They're NUTS!

The right hasn't cornered the market on fear mongering - that in itself is nothing more than loony left fear mongering.
You are overgeneralizing things, but in the end, do we want future generations to suffer under global warming? Vote Republican. Do you want healthcare to go back to the way it was with 45, 000 deaths a year due to lack of coverage? Vote Republican. Do you want to see more middle eastern wars like the Iraq debacle? Vote Republican.

The Left is not perfect, but they are way more sane then the Republicans at this time.

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Fear of Hillary being President was a huge motivating factor for most of us.

We did not vote for Trump, we voted against Hillary.
So the OP is correct in his presumption that you Trump voters elected him based on fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
By the time we walked into our polling places, there were only two viable choices and Hillary was one of them. Throwing your vote away on someone who isn't going to garner enough votes to be elected? You might as well stay home.

I'm Democrat. The loons on the left fear monger all the time. Oh my God - they want to rob us of having control over our own bodies! They'll reverse Roe v. Wade! The Republicans want to tear parents away from their children and break up families! Guns are the cause of all the killing! It's easier for black impoverished youth to get a gun than it is for them to access a computer!

And let's not talk about shaming people and their false accusations whenever anyone says something they disagree with. They scream Islamophobia if someone says they don't think women should be allowed to wear a burka for a drivers license photo, yet demand someone not wear a shirt bearing the American flag because it's insensitive. Or they state people are against immigration and anti-Hispanic if they're pro-legal immigration but not illegal aliens.

These are the people who have moved me further to the center. They're NUTS!

The right hasn't cornered the market on fear mongering - that in itself is nothing more than loony left fear mongering.
Repped for truth!
This guy gets it!!! Now I'll wait for the berniecrats and hilacrats to come tear this guy apart and call him a traitor like what happened in the thread on why dems should keep losing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies