Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 01:04 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I voted for Obama twice. His administration ended up being the second most corrupt in my lifetime, with Nixon being first.

Do you want continued racial divisiveness? Vote most of the current Dems. You want one world/globalism and Soros calling the shots? Vote most of the current Dems. You want the problems they experience in Europe right here in our own country? Vote the current Dems. You want politicians putting everyone first BUT Americans in the name of political correctness? Vote the current Dems. You want a continued flow of millions of illegals entering the country? Vote the current Dems.

Until people like you understand WHY the Dems lost, they'll keep losing. And guess what? Given the current dopes in DC - I'm okay with that.

I happen to hate both sides - they don't represent any of us, but until Democrats get their act together, I'll just sit right where I am in the middle.

Too late - see above....lol.
Yeah right! You voted for Obama twice!

Are you in the habit of voting in people who you consider "corrupt"?

Obama was more corrupt than Reagan & the Iran-Contra scandal that almost ended his presidency?
If not for Ollie North taking one for the "Gipper"?

Let's go thru your list of complaints :

racial divisiveness

America was founded as a slave nation so that divide has permeated our culture since the beginning.
By the way there isn't any racial divisiveness in the GOP especially when most of the party is of one color.
Race became a issue when the GOP saw it had to deal with our first black President.

world/globalism

This is the bastion of capitalism with free trade.
Are you opposed to capitalism?

continued flow of millions of illegals entering the country?

You are going to pin this on the Dems?
Dubya had control of Congress and the GOP did nothing on Illegal Immigration while in office.
Which President granted Amnesty to 3 Million illegals in the 1980's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 PM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So I've been wondering why/how Trump got elected.. I finally figured it out.

Fear.
Have to agree with you 100% here. There was a lot of fear out there during the campaign.

After 8 years of a disastrous Obama presidency, much of the voting public was scared sh*tless of what a Clinton presidency would bring. Concerned citizens were tired of watching the USA continue to decline into a liberal utopia. "Fear" is exactly what brought people to the polls. Apathy is what solidified a Trump victory.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Have to agree with you 100% here. There was a lot of fear out there during the campaign.

After 8 years of a disastrous Obama presidency, much of the voting public was scared sh*tless of what a Clinton presidency would bring. Concerned citizens were tired of watching the USA continue to decline into a liberal utopia. "Fear" is exactly what brought people to the polls. Apathy is what solidified a Trump victory.

I know there were other factors but this to me was the biggest factor even back when G.W JR was president.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
I finally know what got Trump elected
The DNC ran a worse candidate.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:25 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The DNC ran a worse candidate.

No one was/is worse then Trump period.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:26 PM

252 posts, read 124,032 times
Quote:
The people in the majority of states,counties etc thought Clinton was worse. She won her coastal states we ALL expected her to that was it.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
If you said chocolate ice cream is the best flavor of ice cream, it's still just your opinion.

The FACT that Trump won means that he was the better candidate.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:39 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
FYI re this fear issue - If Dems had run Biden, he would be President now.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:42 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
FYI re this fear issue - If Dems had run Biden, he would be President now.
Agreed. He needed to tend to his personal life though; the timing was just bad.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:43 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Let's go thru your list of complaints :

racial divisiveness

America was founded as a slave nation so that divide has permeated our culture since the beginning.
By the way there isn't any racial divisiveness in the GOP especially when most of the party is of one color.
Race became a issue when the GOP saw it had to deal with our first black President.

world/globalism

This is the bastion of capitalism with free trade.
Are you opposed to capitalism?

continued flow of millions of illegals entering the country?

You are going to pin this on the Dems?
Dubya had control of Congress and the GOP did nothing on Illegal Immigration while in office.
Which President granted Amnesty to 3 Million illegals in the 1980's?
Racial divisiveness

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=vZCVHB68cuY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSZ85...ature=youtu.be

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cu41CP...ature=youtu.be

World globalism
Globalism isn't capitalism. Globalism is the idea of a 1 world government, a suppression of free markets in favor of state markets. Much like the economy of Soviet Union. Or perhaps the EU.... Brexit was the result of globalism and the British tired of the nonsense and the manipulation. Globalism is no borders no national sovereignty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies