Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 02:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,619,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Honestly, if The Cheeto had managed to win the Democratic Primary, I would have voted for Stein......
No kidding.

I've loathed him for 30 years, I wouldn't suddenly start to like him because he was the official nominee.

The thing is, I highly doubt he could have gotten himself nominated by the Ds.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:00 PM

6,129 posts, read 7,941,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Really, posting improbable what-if fiction to show hypocrisy in the Democratic Party?
What if Spartacus had a Piper Cub?
What if Custer had a Sherman tank?
What if Superman were born in Germany? #snl
^ This.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:20 PM

14,676 posts, read 7,978,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeplorablePopulist View Post
What If Trump Had Won As a Democrat? - POLITICO Magazine

VERY VERY interesting article and it REALLY points out the hypocrisy of the democratic party if you read all of it.
It would not matter. Trump is unfit for office and I would have never ever voted for him...no matter the party.
I have always voted conscience over party anyways. I have voted for just as many Republicans as I have Democrats - I believe in voting what is best for the country, not on a party. (When Trump started running I
was a lifelong Republican actually - last year I left and went to the Democratic Party. I think the Alt Right part and the Ultra Religious Christian Right of the GOP is one of the biggest threats to our Country in recent years.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I'm an Independent. I don't vote according to party; I vote for the candidate I feel will best serve the country. I still wouldn't like Trump.
That is me. I always vote conscience. I was a lifelong Republican, and Trump is one of the main reasons I
left.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,326,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Absolutely, but Democrats don't use Racism-hate-mongering/war-mongering in their campaigns. So he could have never campaigned as a Democrat!
Proof people only see what they want to see. Demorats absolutely use Racism-hate-mongering/war-mongering in their campaigns. Trump DID campaign as a Demorat several years ago.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:24 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,104,837 times
I just don't see that as likely.

Given both his past deplorable record (including, as he says, the endless "birther" attacks and his unconcern with disadvantaged people), and the fact that Democrats seem less likely to fall for demagogues, it just doesn't seem possible to me.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:24 PM

252 posts, read 123,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
It would not matter. Trump is unfit for office and I would have never ever voted for him...no matter the party.
I have always voted conscience over party anyways. I have voted for just as many Republicans as I have Democrats - I believe in voting what is best for the country, not on a party. (When Trump started running I
was a lifelong Republican actually - last year I left and went to the Democratic Party. I think the Alt Right part and the Ultra Religious Christian Right of the GOP is one of the biggest threats to our Country in recent years.)

That is me. I always vote conscience. I was a lifelong Republican, and Trump is one of the main reasons I
left.
Lol.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:28 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,420,322 times
What this article is pointing out is that people no longer pick their opinions, and then pick their party.

On both sides you now have a hive mentality that emphasizes blind devotion instead of critical thinking. It took the 2016 election for me to realize that I myself was a part of it. Trump has outed both parties and the media as huge hypocrites. If he's done nothing else for the country, that to me is his biggest achievement.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:29 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,950,202 times
So dumb. The premise itself is ridiculous because Trump or a candidate like him would never be supported by the Democrats.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,487,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
What this article is pointing out is that people no longer pick their opinions, and then pick their party.

On both sides you now have a hive mentality that emphasizes blind devotion instead of critical thinking. It took the 2016 election for me to realize that I myself was a part of it. Trump has outed both parties and the media as huge hypocrites. If he's done nothing else for the country, that to me is his biggest achievement.
How did you come to this conclusion when you can read the posts on this thread & clearly see that REGARDLESS if Trump ran as a democrat, people STILL would not have voted for him. That is exactly NOT voting blindly for party.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:31 PM

14,676 posts, read 7,978,215 times
Never Trump. Never.
But yet I am not some Gullible Conspiracy Theory Nut Job that believes in "the Deep State" or that other nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies