Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:58 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times

Advertisements

Sheriff won't let his deputies carry overdose antidote - ABC News

Quote:
A sheriff in an Ohio county with record numbers of drug deaths in recent years is sticking to his longstanding refusal to allow deputies to carry an overdose antidote.
We need to follow the Philippines lead. We waste so many resources on these parasites, ambulances, ER, prisons, police, crime, gibs etc. just put them out of their misery. I don't think ambulances should respond after the first overdose. Buy your own narcan if you want to revived and get your drug buddy to administer it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
He's one of the nuttier Trump supporters.

Last edited by jburress; 07-09-2017 at 11:18 PM..

Old 07-09-2017, 11:16 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post

We need to follow the Philippines lead. We waste so many resources on these parasites, ambulances, ER, prisons, police, crime, gibs etc. just put them out of their misery. I don't think ambulances should respond after the first overdose. Buy your own narcan if you want to revived and get your drug buddy to administer it.
Yes.

We should emulate the Philippines. It's Eden reborn.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
He's one of the nuttier Trump supporters.

He wrote a letter to the Mexican government, asking them to pay for prisoners in the county jails for illegal immigrants.
I'd say that was a rightful protest letter. Do you honestly believe he believes they would pay for them? If you say yes then you would be as nutty as you believe he is.

Now, back to the actual topic.

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!

Did the guy check his brains at the door? Let's see... officers carry an inexpensive overdose counteractive (there's no such thing as a drug antidote) or they don't and people die for no apparent reason? Hmmm Let me ponder thi.... NO you stupid idiot, carry the drugs!

Damn people everywhere are losing their frikkin minds!

Screw the Philippines (not really), how about simply doing the right thing?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:26 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Quote:

Honestly law enforcement should not be carrying it. We ask more and more of law enforcement everyday. This should be in the hands of emt's. Medical professionals should be the ones that administer the drug. As much as I feel these users are responsible for their own situation I also understand the need for emergency personnel to save lives even if those lives are in danger directly caused by the person being saved. That being said there should be some legal ramifications of the user.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:28 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times
Ohio is sick of spending tax dollars to save druggies over and over again.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:30 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:

Is that even allowed in this country? I'd pit my money on NO.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I can't stand Trump. But our local police complain that most of their work is finding or reviving drug addicts. They say they revive the same ones over and over.

There's got to be something better than letting them take drugs, reviving them with narcon, they go back to drugs, etc. I'm all for helping the poor, disabled, elderly--people who can't help it and didn't choose it. But most drug addicts -not ALL of them- decided to try drugs, knowing they would become addicted.

There needs to be jail or longterm treatment or just somehow keep them away from society. They're expensive to treat, they drag others down with them, they keep the police from doing their job. And there are too many heartbroken families due to drug addicts. What goog does narcon do except keep them alive so they can take more drugs?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:33 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
I can see it now.

Ohio cop administers antidote injection with no medical qualifications, the person subsequently dies, doctors and juries doing Monday-morning quarterbacking announce that that was the wrong antidote or was administered the wrong way or something, and the guy's family sues the cop for everything he has (and sues the city, state, etc.) and wins.

How many antidotes will the cops administer after that goes down?

Old 07-09-2017, 11:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Is that even allowed in this country? I'd pit my money on NO.
Actually it is.

For those who honestly believe that a few minutes making a difference to life or death, that addicts contribute nothing (Andy Warhole, Prince, Cobain, Osbourne, Tennessee Williams, Dick, Stevenson), then head right on being ignorant of facts.

Even the lowest life deserves some minimum respect, otherwise we will have lost our humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies