Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 02:00 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times

Advertisements

Here's a recent article that, unlike the OP's, actually addresses his thread title:

Partisan Identification Is ‘Sticky,’ but About 10% Switched Parties Over the Past Year

Quote:
Large majorities stayed with their parties throughout this period. Among those who identified as Republicans or leaned Republican in December 2015, 78% remained with the GOP over four subsequent surveys. Another 9% moved away from the Republican Party at some point, but returned by March 2017.

The numbers are very similar among those who were Democrats in 2015: 79% consistently identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic in all five surveys, while 9% switched parties at some point but came back to the Democratic Party by March 2017.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 02:03 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
I read the attached survey, but couldn't find anything to support the title of this thread.

On the other hand,

Quote:
According to a new analysis from the Pew Research Center, 23 percent of Republican voters ages 18-29 have switched parties since 2015, against just 9 percent of Democratic voters in the same age range. As many as half of Republicans 30 and under have abandoned the party at one point or another during that time.
Young people are leaving the Republican Party in droves, new study finds - Salon.com

Old 07-10-2017, 02:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Dems message is hate only
hmm, i call bs.

GOP and Trumpers are building walls, starting wars and purging non whites from voter rolls...

the hate , the fear, the bile are found in the GOP and the ongoing wars started by GOP and killing millions.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:11 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Socialized medicine is second rate healthcare. They wait till you are dead before any Dr sees you.
If that's the case, I don't think the Brit's would have kept their National Health Service for 70 years or so. They are a democracy and could vote it out if it were the unmitigated disaster that those on the right claim. Instead, we were the last western country to adopt universal healthcare. Best to my knowledge, there's never been a country to drop universal health care after adopting it. If the care was that horrible, don't you think countries would have voted it out?

Old 07-10-2017, 02:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Stats on switching parties can be meaningless. Just because you are registered one way does not mean you vote that way with the way things are set up in most states. One of the best things WV ever did was allow people to register as independent but then vote however they please come primary elections.

The (D)'s problem is they need people like me to vote for them and I simply will not as long as they refuse to actually stand for anything. Telling people where they can pee while sucking up to Wall Street and starting wars is not going to be a winning platform.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There are many people both young and old that are fed up with the Dems and their constant negativity, blocking, barring and endless bantering of all things Trump.

I wonder how the Dems are planning on changing their image since the same ol same ol of "We will give you free stuff and that Republican is a evil Hitler like misogynist racist that wants to take away your abortion rights and push Granny over the cliff" is not working.

People are getting too smart for their antics.
I think you are right about the Dems. But people are also fed up with the Republicans as well. Especially after this sham in the White House. It would not surprise me if an (I) came out of nowhere to took the WH in 2018 just to not vote for a traditional (D) or (R).

Old 07-10-2017, 04:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are the same people, that forced the "Blue Dogs" to buy the entire catalog of crazy, or go to the Republicans big tent.
Not me Dude; I'm a Centrist.

Seems there is no room in EITHER party for centrists, these days.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The DNC is in total flipout mode. After the constant meltdowns, lies and violence, used after the election, has driven more people from the party.

They are really freaking out, because young people do not like what they are selling.
Young people are very rebellious. They like their liberties. They like to say and do as they please, and are quick to tell anyone trying to think for them, to off.

The message of the DNC is, WE HATE TRUMP

That is their plan so far for, 2018 & 2020.
Hate Everything Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/r/201....pdf?tid=a_inl
WOW!!
They should be in "freakout mode" - and a very, very few of the Democrats are very concerned. All this "obstruction", "resistance", "IMPEACH", "RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA" ..... is not a Plan and it's driving people away.

The most surprising things to me in this poll were the "Vote FOR Trump numbers" as opposed to a Vote AGAINST Clinton" and that they have totally tuned out the FAKE NEWS and ANTI-Trump rhetoric.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Don't you just love the phrase Obama-Trump Voters?
What exactly would you call the Voters who Voted in 2012 for Obama and then in 2016 for Trump????
They are exactly "Obama >> Trump" voters.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:21 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
People want a positive uplifting message. Trump delivers.

Hate isn't the magnet democrats had hoped would attract supporters.
Yeah he delivers....I guess it doesn't matter to you that they are lies....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies