Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 05:30 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
They don't actually hate Trump. They hate the fact that his election was a major loss and setback in their culture war. They thought their war was won since the resistance was mostly covert. Hence, the shock and meltdowns. Trump is just a target they've seized upon to try to polarize. They are following Alinsky's rules to the letter. Yes, it really is this simple. Trump understands how to use their own tactics against them. His supporters would do well to learn this too.

Alinsky’s 12 Rules:

1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.“ Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.

2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.“ It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.

3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.“ Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.

4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.“ If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.“ There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.“ They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.

7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.“ Don’t become old news.

8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.“ Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.“ Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.

10. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.“ Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.

11. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.“ Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.

12. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.“ Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
Alinksy's 13th rule:

Seek "opposition research" from adversarial governments.

I love the right wing spin now...... it was just "opposition research" with the Russian government......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 05:32 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Since I don't watch the left-biased networks, media fasts (as they were) were never needed for me, but it's not a bad idea, either. Thankfully, we've got so many sources of info that we can gravitate to on the internet. Really, we're all surrounded by it all.

So when you can't trust most media, just be assured that there's better news (and better sources) out there!

Nothing wrong with taking a little break from the madness, either.
Yeah but folks who say the msm is left biased often get their news from faux news and braitbart or whatever. And they think they are getting the real news? LOL LMFAOOOO!

Old 07-11-2017, 05:32 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Even FOX News has to say this doesn't like good for ole Trump.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:38 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You need to get the popcorn out. This is way more exciting than Nixon. Nixon was way more intelligent than Trump.
My money is on Don Jr getting IMPEACHED in less than 2 weeks, tried for Treason and either executed or exiled.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:57 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
My money is on Don Jr getting IMPEACHED in less than 2 weeks, tried for Treason and either executed or exiled.

Gee....a leftist talking about killing.....

Old 07-11-2017, 05:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is there anything else going on in the world beside Russia? Anything besides hating Trump? Tune in a month from now and nothing much will change. I've been tuning out and it's been good Others should try it.
I mean - why tune out?

I don't care which side of the political spectrum you are on - this is a damn good story.

My first foray into politics was when Fox News just started and it was Monica Lewinsky 24/7. I was mesmerized. It was like a light bulb went off. HEY! POLITICS IS INTERESTING!

Who knew?

Old 07-12-2017, 03:43 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Gee....a leftist talking about killing.....
Kibby isn't a leftist. I think Kibby was poking fun at Natalie's post. Don Jr can't get impeached. He doesn't hold any government office.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:00 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
wtf? Good grief. I sure as heck do not want him, or anyone else, facing the death penalty. Now that IS ugly.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Well, according to Fox "News"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is there anything else going on in the world beside Russia? Anything besides hating Trump? Tune in a month from now and nothing much will change. I've been tuning out and it's been good Others should try it.

The big stories are:

Violence on college campuses! (showing footage from the Jan riots)

Some poor kid in Britain on life support.

For weeks, the headline was about a HS statutory rape case in MD.

Russiagate? "There's NO evidence! Un-named sources! Fake news!"

Fox News:"We deflect. You comply."

Carry on.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Good question...I stopped visiting this section because of all the hate and nasty comments. It's funny how some people claim "well you all complained about Obama for 8 years", I say go for it, knock yourself out. If you want to waste 8 years of your life posting crap after crap post then that's a lot of wasted time. So many better things to do in life! I guess misery loves company!
Politics is a never ending grudge match where politicians try to convince you to vote them into power and media instigates and propagandizes to keep their ratings up (while they both get rich and you don't). A comic show given by ugly Hollywood and the media and yet nothing gets solved.

Yep, time is precious, people are wasting time but should be enjoying life, enjoying friends and family while they are able. I got roped in but, not so much now, it's more fun to do other fun and productive things.

Life is good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies