Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 08:57 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am from NJ and well aware of the places Springsteen sung about. The steel mills, the factories in Freehold where Springsteen grew up. Trump is the ONLY PRESIDENT to address this blight of 70,000 factories that closed across the country. Springsteen sung about it. Asbury Park went to hell.

Springsteen is a creep who sung about blue collar industry but knocks the one president who knows the truth of the dying economy and the many towns that are on welfare because all the factories closed. Springsteen is an elitist living well in NJ. His rich town voted for Trump as well as all the wealthy towns in NJ. AS WELL AS MONMOUTH COUNTY AND OCEAN COUNTY which are a mix of blue collar working class and wealthy. The north parts of NJ where many illegals and poor welfare crowd live voted Hillary. That is the overflow of liberal NYC. The news media and newspapers are so bias and liberal, that 90 % of NYC is liberal. Brainwashed to think that way.
Not to mention he skirted his property taxes for years, claiming his property was a farm. Sure, he paid it back, but only after getting caught. I love Springsteen's music though. The Born to Run album is a classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 09:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Waters argued that same thing and the court disagreed with that statement. And the band played on....
You missed the point. There is no court argument for the fact that there is no Pink Floyd without Waters writing most of the material. David Gilmore as talented as he is, is a retired bus driver today without Waters.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Yeah they have a right to speak their minds. I wish they wouldn't though. I don't want to know nor do I care about their politics.
If you listen to their music, you know their politics.

Hey you Whitehouse, ha ha, charade you are

19,629 posts, read 12,222,208 times
The vast majority of artists are left wing. When they get older some of them become very self important and do not care. Madonna may have been a bold feminist before, fine, but now she's screeching about blowing up the white house. Quite different.

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You missed the point. There is no court argument for the fact that there is no Pink Floyd without Waters writing most of the material. David Gilmore as talented as he is, is a retired bus driver today without Waters.

Waters is the better writer/composer. Gilmore is the better musician.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? I saw him at a concert in Madison Square Garden that sold out both nights in a matter of minutes. In fact that was part of a world tour that sold out everywhere in minutes. I go to a lot of concerts, and rarely do you find a harder ticket to get than for David Gilmour.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Waters is the better writer/composer. Gilmore is the better musician.
Absolutely but no one is buying an album of instrumental music in the numbers The Wall or The Dark Side of the Moon sold at.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What are you talking about? I saw him at a concert in Madison Square Garden that sold out both nights in a matter of minutes. In fact that was part of a world tour that sold out everywhere in minutes. I go to a lot of concerts, and rarely do you find a harder ticket to get than for David Gilmour.
Whooooosh. People still go see Art Garfunkle also.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:08 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Absolutely but no one is buying an album of instrumental music in the numbers The Wall or The Dark Side of the Moon sold at.
I notice that ole Roger does not play much solo stuff....

Not that I wanted to hear it anyway.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:09 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I think it is because with Waters, the politics dominate the event rather than letting the music speak for itself. It's not so much what he says (we are all against war in theory). It is how he says it (condescending, sophomoric).

Hey, he is a great talent and seemingly a nice chap. IMHO he rambles too much. 2x was enough for me. I saw Floyd back in the day and they did not say anything political.

Let the market decide. So far they have and Roger wins.
I get your point, but:
1. His music IS political. That's part of the package. Any semi-fan would know that going in, and
2. I think for the person responded to, it seems like they were offended at the message. It would not have been intrusive if the message supported their values. I gave the Nugent example. I find Nugent offensive, and would not pay my money to see him. But if hearing songs about "Wang Dang Sweet Puntang" and "Wango Tango" (speaking of sophmoric) were what I wanted to hear, then I'd either choose to ignore his comments about how we should all buy guns and shoot our last president, and enjoy the music, or I'd choose not to go, and miss out on hearing about how his face is Mazeratti....

It's that simple. and it seems that if you are passionate enough to spend $100's to see a band, you'd know a little something about them. Hence my assumption that those whining are really just poseurs who want the T-shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies