Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 06:30 AM

106 posts, read 68,476 times

Advertisements

A posting of mine on another thread here that got swallowed and eliminated fast as crap through a goose. Here it is stand-alone, slightly edited...

Time for me to wade in here now, as my heart is full. As a lifetime conservative... what I'll call "good conservatism"... my loathing of both presidential candidates was strong. The sole candidate of either political side that could possibly have earned my vote was Bernie, and my heart was not at full ease with his often angry tones, though this is understandable on one level. My desire was for General Colin Powell to become our president, and it was somewhat of a vindication when 3 state electors in Washington state cast their votes for this decent, intelligent man who was badly duped by those he'd fully trusted almost 16 year ago.

Early on during the primaries I'd laugh at Donald Trump, insisting that he was not electable. One week before the nomination was sealed, my laughing ceased and my gut began to ache as it still is.

For almost all of the past 2 years my residence was made in Hines, Oregon (joined at the hip with Burns). We endured the occupation and armed takeover of the Malhuer National Wildlife Refuge in early January through mid-February in 2016. Could write until darkness falls this day regarding what all we went through, as the mainstream media said not all that much about it, but for now let's leave it with the principle of divide and conquer, especially division, as well as it was indeed darkness that fell upon us. There were tactics tested there by both sides and the end results were highly effective in dividing an otherwise amicable group of citizens who, amid their differences, talked with one another and not at each other; who got along pretty well; who were living and let living.... but no more. Nothing like it used to be to this day. Families are still apart and not speaking, solid friendships of 4 or 5 decades are no more, tensions remains high.

In Harney county, Oregon, nearly as large as New Hampshire with only 7,700 residents and but 7 Sheriff's deputies to enforce, we were quickly overwhelmed after the "militia" came... and within a week or so of that, after our Sheriff Dave had asked for help, our area was invaded with over 500 FBI agents. Our courthouse looked like it was in a war zone, seriously, and security was incredibly tight after all of the intimidation, death threats (got 2 myself), harassment from outsiders intimidating by coming into church with openly-displayed sidearms, into schools with sidearms... ~ deep breathe ~..will like to share more later if possible in another place, though this will point to the direction I'm heading with this with while employing this abundance of wordsmithing.

Beginning with his nomination, I'd openly called Donald J. Trump a destroyer, as well as doing so after his nomination, after his election, as well as here now. Am standing by my words to this day, as their essence is being intuited by me as truth.

Understand: The precise tactics that the Bundys and crew along with the counter-tactics by federal law enforcement produced a huge honey pot of information. These very same tactics that were used against us over 1 1/2 years ago in east-central Oregon, 130 miles from the nearest town of any consequential size, were employed against us all nationally during our last national election. It's ongoing to this day. May God help us all.

.............................. Donald J. Trump is a DESTROYER... and he's being mighty effective about it, intentionally engineered or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 06:59 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Holy Cow, there are some strange people floating around this board.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:04 AM

Thank you.

Ever since I was a young boy growing up in the Midwest, I've been told, "You're strange"...
but even strange people can know of what they speak.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:11 AM

21,120 posts, read 19,707,707 times
So Trump told Bundy to do this?

...or was it the Russians?

Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Looks like many indictments are coming down in the Oregon stand off.....
They have caught the FBI and BLM in many lies and instances of trying to cover up what really happened.

They cannot get past the live stream from inside LeVoy's truck. LeVoy was shot 2 times with his hands up.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:20 AM

We may have to work on your comprehension skills, Retroit... or is that "diversion" skills? Nope, you have that down well.

It's truly amazing how fast the shapers of public opinion, who somehow manage to live in political forums and the like, show up to help discredit and make a patriot seem foolish.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:29 AM

Yes, BentBow, and bring the indictments on I say. Was man enough to tell the FBI SAIC Greg Bretzing that I didn't trust him. But respectfully, and in effect: Bobby Finicum committed suicide (by cop) just as sure as if he'd put his 9mm to his head and pulled the trigger. Have studied the films dozens and dozens of times. Studied.

Anyway, I hope that they puts the works to the specific FBI agents who deliberately fired at Bobby Finicum and then lied about it, covering up their crime. It wasn't even a legal roadblock (Google "legal roadblock" and see for yourselves). The Bundys brought legitimate issues out to the open air, but the way they went about it was incontrovertibly wrong. We lived it, and there's much that you've no idea regarding what all we went through. Am saying it's related to the mess we're all in here now.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
I drove through that part of the country last week and it's absolutely desolate. I can kind of see why people who live there feel they need no government. Passed right by that wildlife refuge and the town of Burns. I wonder if the framers actually had that version of the nation in mind as they thought about the future of the country. I think no. They admired places like Paris and thought that America too would be a center of civilization, looked up to and admired. Not a country of...small.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post

I drove through that part of the country last week and it's absolutely desolate. I can kind of see why people who live there feel they need no government. Passed right by that wildlife refuge and the town of Burns. I wonder if the framers actually had that version of the nation in mind as they thought about the future of the country. I think no. They admired places like Paris and thought that America too would be a center of civilization, looked up to and admired. Not a country of...small.

Interesting thoughts, CC. "Desolate" to me is Mars. Now there's some bleak solitude for you, but "Semi-arid" Magnificence" is the Great Basin in my eyes, nose, ears, and inner closet. Here's a bit I wrote and posted elsewhere about it...

"Interesting, how our fancied drives are another's dread.

Having just lived in Hines (joined at the hip to Burns, Oregon) for 2 years very recently, the drive between there and Bend can be considered desolate and boring... though to me it's nearly as heaven on Earth as it gets. Throttling back to 50 mph or so, so little traffic, 130 miles of open, clean splendor, the peace and calmness is sopped up like a sponge. No traffic lights, no Walmarts, very few residences, just natural semi-arid land and gently-undulating highway taking me through it. Even where I recently moved to, Alliance, Nebraska, is at the far western point of the Sand Hills, and State Road 2 through it to the east is over 250 miles of amazing and magnificent lands, in my estimation. One person's junk is another's treasure it seems."

Thanks for the thoughts, CC. You've got me missing that drive.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glu Glukan View Post
A posting of mine on another thread here that got swallowed and eliminated fast as crap through a goose. Here it is stand-alone, slightly edited...

Time for me to wade in here now, as my heart is full. As a lifetime conservative... what I'll call "good conservatism"... my loathing of both presidential candidates was strong. The sole candidate of either political side that could possibly have earned my vote was Bernie, and my heart was not at full ease with his often angry tones, though this is understandable on one level. My desire was for General Colin Powell to become our president, and it was somewhat of a vindication when 3 state electors in Washington state cast their votes for this decent, intelligent man who was badly duped by those he'd fully trusted almost 16 year ago.

Early on during the primaries I'd laugh at Donald Trump, insisting that he was not electable. One week before the nomination was sealed, my laughing ceased and my gut began to ache as it still is.

For almost all of the past 2 years my residence was made in Hines, Oregon (joined at the hip with Burns). We endured the occupation and armed takeover of the Malhuer National Wildlife Refuge in early January through mid-February in 2016. Could write until darkness falls this day regarding what all we went through, as the mainstream media said not all that much about it, but for now let's leave it with the principle of divide and conquer, especially division, as well as it was indeed darkness that fell upon us. There were tactics tested there by both sides and the end results were highly effective in dividing an otherwise amicable group of citizens who, amid their differences, talked with one another and not at each other; who got along pretty well; who were living and let living.... but no more. Nothing like it used to be to this day. Families are still apart and not speaking, solid friendships of 4 or 5 decades are no more, tensions remains high.

In Harney county, Oregon, nearly as large as New Hampshire with only 7,700 residents and but 7 Sheriff's deputies to enforce, we were quickly overwhelmed after the "militia" came... and within a week or so of that, after our Sheriff Dave had asked for help, our area was invaded with over 500 FBI agents. Our courthouse looked like it was in a war zone, seriously, and security was incredibly tight after all of the intimidation, death threats (got 2 myself), harassment from outsiders intimidating by coming into church with openly-displayed sidearms, into schools with sidearms... ~ deep breathe ~..will like to share more later if possible in another place, though this will point to the direction I'm heading with this with while employing this abundance of wordsmithing.

Beginning with his nomination, I'd openly called Donald J. Trump a destroyer, as well as doing so after his nomination, after his election, as well as here now. Am standing by my words to this day, as their essence is being intuited by me as truth.

Understand: The precise tactics that the Bundys and crew along with the counter-tactics by federal law enforcement produced a huge honey pot of information. These very same tactics that were used against us over 1 1/2 years ago in east-central Oregon, 130 miles from the nearest town of any consequential size, were employed against us all nationally during our last national election. It's ongoing to this day. May God help us all.

.............................. Donald J. Trump is a DESTROYER... and he's being mighty effective about it, intentionally engineered or not.

Divide and conquer. It's as old as the hills and quite effective. Donnie was VERY effective at exploiting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies