Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2017, 01:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think every country has its share of racism. It is human nature.

I don't think one country is worse than the other. I don't think they (Chinese) are too bad. Actually, I think they (most of them) are great people.

I remember my Chinese friends invited to their house and I told them, "Do your grandparents know that I have a little bit Japanese blood in me?" They looked at me as if I just grew a second head and said, "Huh? nobody cares! We have good food there and let's have some fun." lol
That seems common in large cities amongst educated people. The further one drifts from the massive metro areas, the more tribal ethnicities matter. Chinese seem more concerned about resettlement of rural people who do not assimilate as is desirable in metro areas. It is my understanding that rural migrants continue to be returned to their originating rural villages and denied equal opportunities for education and employment.

Maybe things are changing. Maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 01:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I can't rep you again. Libs don't want the US meddling in other countries, or do they?
They are all about imposing their sense of ethics and morals on others. Their way or the highway, all in or all out mentality.
Me? I may disagree with another country's laws, but I obey them while their and respect their right to decide their own laws.
Japan works for Japanese. Who am I or we as a nation to tell them otherwise?

Old 07-12-2017, 01:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Japan. One of the safest, most interesting cultures in the world and one of the most civilized nations in the world is really going to miss out on the benefits of multiculturalism and mass immigration. lol

Japan accepted 11 asylum seekers last year. 11

“I would say that before accepting immigrants or refugees we need to have more activities by women, by elderly people and we must raise (the) birth rate. There are many things that we should do before accepting immigrants”

– Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

https://twitter.com/attn/status/867437179173126145

"One woman describes how five officers crowded into her cramped apartment after she reported her knickers being swiped from a clothesline.

A small army of detectives was assigned last year to apprehend a group of 22 people who had been growing marijuana for their personal use only and smoking it in deserted rural spots.

In fact, as the police run out of things to do, they are becoming more inventive about what constitutes a crime, says Kanako Takayama of Kyoto University. In one recent case, she says, they arrested a group of people who had shared the cost of renting a car, deeming the arrangement an illegal taxi.
I am sure this is something many here do not agree with but I say, good for Japan. We all have to think of our country first. I feel for the refugees, my heart goes out to their families but I also know, after they get here, before long they are often depending on us for food, medical care and housing. don't be naive to think this is not the case, or at least in many cases. Sure there are many who are hard working, just want a chance and want safety for their families. Unfortunately there isn't always a way to tell who they are.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
With all due respect, please enlighten me on bigger colonial powers than European powers. Even Japan did not have such a large colonial power as did England, France, or Spain.
Add Belgium to the list. King Leopold was a serious piece of work.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:34 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I can't rep you again. Libs don't want the US meddling in other countries, or do they?
You dont think America should offer any aid to refugee camps in neighboring countries for people fleeing conflict?

Old 07-12-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Add Belgium to the list. King Leopold was a serious piece of work.
And Belgium isnt any richer than Ireland which has been brutalized by the English for 500 years...Or Finland that has been brutalized by Russia.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:38 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You dont think America should offer any aid to refugee camps in neighboring countries for people fleeing conflict?
Other than it feels good, why should we when we have over 600,000 homeless people in our own country?
We certainly shouldn't be providing homes/ shelter and welfare to refugees when we have 600,000 homeless of our own. Charity begins at home. Take care of your own first.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
And Belgium isnt any richer than Ireland which has been brutalized by the English for 500 years...Or Finland that has been brutalized by Russia.
Yikes ! Forgot about The Netherlands and France, too. Both used religion as a tool to make land grabs and control the masses.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Other than it feels good, why should we when we have over 600,000 homeless people in our own country?
But the ruling class which run America dont want to spend money on the homeless in America. They are lazy bums and takers, you know. The ruling class has presented a budget. No more spending on the homeless. On the contrary. Deep cuts for the people in need in America and massive tax breaks for the ruling class. So its obviously a false dichotomy. We can help support the refugee camps in neighboring countries. If we dont, not a dime will go to the homeless in America and you know it.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Yikes ! Forgot about The Netherlands and France, too. Both used religion as a tool to make land grabs and control the masses.
And none of those are any richer than Germany, Austria, Finland etc.

Which country hasnt used religion as a tool I wonder. Thats the whole purpose of organized religion. Keep the masses uneducated and financially insecure so organized religion can be the most potent in controlling and oppressing the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies