Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:02 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If upon addressing her, the officer could not tell she was not a bald man, is this the time of person we want as a police officer?

He was pissed she did not have I.D. and immediately hand it over to him. This is becoming more of a problem. Where the police get the idea that everyone must have an I.D. on them is coming from where? You do not.

She does NOT have to allow him to look in her backpack. It was probably a case where he was simply using it as a really bad excuse to try and randomly find something. He wasn't going to be the hero and find the criminal so he had an insane need to arrest someone.
Sorry, but this.

This whole situation is stupid. Unless I'm missing something, even I can tell the most obvious masculine looking female is still....a female. Clearly, she looks female and doesn't look male at all. But to attack this girl and then stick the K9's on her?

Cop logic: I mean, not having ID, yep, that's an arrest-able offense and.... wait....that means she could have a MACHETE!!!

This story is different from all of those BS Black Lives Matters crap, this is clear discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 09:25 AM

860 posts, read 1,356,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Sorry, but this.

This whole situation is stupid. Unless I'm missing something, even I can tell the most obvious masculine looking female is still....a female. Clearly, she looks female and doesn't look male at all. But to attack this girl and then stick the K9's on her?

Cop logic: I mean, not having ID, yep, that's an arrest-able offense and.... wait....that means she could have a MACHETE!!!

This story is different from all of those BS Black Lives Matters crap, this is clear discrimination.
Wrong, and insensitive

Charles Kinsey

John Crawford

Sandra Bland

Philando Castille

Jeremy Mardis

Samantha Ramsey

Tamir Rice

Sam Dubose and countless others

Black Lives Matter have stood up numerous victims of police brutality, of all races and socioeconomic backgrounds. Regardless if the incident is based on discrimination, failure to follow protocol, or blatant corruption. They are ALL abuses of power that need to be addressed. Just because you're uncomfortable with their agenda doesn't give you the right to dismiss the struggle of your fellow Americans.

Where the **** is All Lives Matter?????????

Old 07-13-2017, 09:33 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Wrong, and insensitive

Charles Kinsey

John Crawford

Sandra Bland

Philando Castille

Jeremy Mardis

Samantha Ramsey

Tamir Rice

Sam Dubose and countless others

Black Lives Matter have stood up numerous victims of police brutality, of all races and socioeconomic backgrounds. Regardless if the incident is based on discrimination, failure to follow protocol, or blatant corruption. They are ALL abuses of power that need to be addressed. Just because you're uncomfortable with their agenda doesn't give you the right to dismiss the struggle of your fellow Americans.

Where the **** is All Lives Matter?????????
BLM used to kinda stand for something.

Now it's just a bunch of black people making a fool of themselves talking about killing cops and adding brown stripes to the rainbow flag.

So no, BLM is a waste of time these days, IMO.

Anyway, BLM is not the topic here.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:48 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Relax.

She looks masculine, has muscular arms, and her hair is back in a bun which at first glance could appear to be bald.

They had those things within reason.

But the height, weight, goatee, and clothes were way off. Clearly this wasn't who they were looking for.
Why does she look masculine? Because she doesn't look like Jessica Rabbit?

She clearly looks female to me. That officer was probably making that crap up (about the nurses getting her gender wrong and him not believing her name) so that he could continue to use mixed identity as an alibi with a straight face.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:50 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Only in Black America where cops can sick their K9 on you because you're resisting arrest by being pinned down on the ground by a roid raging grown man, getting punched in the face, and your civil rights aren't being violated yet. The family needs to sue the pants off the Bakersfield PD and the City of Bakersfield. This is why BALM exists, because white male cops still think the Civil Rights Act and those marches are just bedtime stories.

On other note, I'm surprised they didn't shoot her

Old 07-13-2017, 10:52 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why does she look masculine? Because she doesn't look like Jessica Rabbit?

She clearly looks female to me. That officer was probably making that crap up (about the nurses getting her gender wrong and him not believing her name) so that he could continue to use mixed identity as an alibi with a straight face.
Looks female to me too. Just another case of gendered racism

Old 07-13-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
THIS is the stuff that infuriates me. Not microagressions or when some idiot does a kamikaze run against the police. An innocent black female gets mistaken for a male 60 pounds heavier by a cop that thinks she can quick draw a machete from behind her head, Conan style.

Camera all cops NOW with NO OFF BUTTON. It answers the question of what went down. GRRR
Can't rep you again. There is NO reason cops shouldn't have body cameras.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:58 AM

As a tall brown female who wears her hair up frequently, this only validates my fear of cops. I'm more afraid of them than non-cop criminals. At least with the latter, I'm allowed to defend myself.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:16 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Only in Black America where cops can sick their K9 on you because you're resisting arrest by being pinned down on the ground by a roid raging grown man, getting punched in the face, and your civil rights aren't being violated yet. The family needs to sue the pants off the Bakersfield PD and the City of Bakersfield. This is why BALM exists, because white male cops still think the Civil Rights Act and those marches are just bedtime stories.

On other note, I'm surprised they didn't shoot her
The Bakersfield taxpayers are going to take a hit here.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:22 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,514 times
Waiting for the cop defenders to post.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies