Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 03:23 PM

1,348 posts, read 791,557 times

Advertisements

I mean, you simply cannot make this stuff up! HuffPost Plans Field Trip to Visit America.

HuffPost Plans Field Trip to Visit America - Breitbart

Honestly, what is fundamentally wrong with these people? Last year, I was left to deduce that there is an IQ problem and that they have allowed themselves to be utterly brainwashed. As in: indoctrinated. Because basic consideration and reasoning doesn't appear to exist for most on the Left.

Wake up, people! You let them own you. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 03:26 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
I mean, you simply cannot make this stuff up! HuffPost Plans Field Trip to Visit America.

HuffPost Plans Field Trip to Visit America - Breitbart

Honestly, what is fundamentally wrong with these people? Last year, I was left to deduce that there is an IQ problem and that they have allowed themselves to be utterly brainwashed. As in: indoctrinated. Because basic consideration and reasoning doesn't appear to exist for most on the Left.

Wake up, people! You let them own you. Why?
Maybe you need to ease up off the orangeade travel crazy. You might travel less crazy that way.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:30 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
I spent six months a few years back on the road, living in a tent, crisscrossing the country. It was the best time of my life. Not sure why the OP thinks traveling the country makes one indoctrinated. Travel expands the mind. I guess that scares some people.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:32 PM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
The article is written by the Breitbart. Just who is being indoctrinated?

Democrats have lost the working class. If they don't recognize that, then we need a third party to watch out for working Americans. It sure isn't the Republicans.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Starting in September, a traveling party of rotating HuffPost staff members led by editor-in-chief Lydia Polgreen will visit more than 20 cities, eschewing the coasts for the likes of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Oxford, Mississippi and Odessa, Texas. At each city, the site will host events, roll out planned stories with local media outlets, send out reporters to write about the communities and collect stories from residents “in their own words.”
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is awesome.

When they return home from camp they tell their parents what they learned.

In Fort Wayne we learned that on Sundays they don't go to the beach. They go to this place called Church. And they don't care about how many genders there are but only if they can pay their mortgage.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:36 PM

1,078 posts, read 937,114 times
I'm as conservative as they come. But exposure to different people and ideas is a fantastic way to develop empathy for others who are different than you, which seems to be lacking on BOTH sides of the aisle these days (I'd argue the left is worse than the right, but the problem is endemic).

As corny as it sounds, cross cultural exchanges are useful beyond just foreign exchanges. The US is vast and regional differences are prominent, so yeah, traveling through and actually meeting the ubiquitous "other" part of America is one of the better ideas I've heard.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:37 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I spent six months a few years back on the road, living in a tent, crisscrossing the country. It was the best time of my life. Not sure why the OP thinks traveling the country makes one indoctrinated. Travel expands the mind. I guess that scares some people.

You have to understand where these people come from to understand their aversion to anything that deals with information, facts, education, or reading. Their sources of information are places like Breitbart, and The National Enquirer. They also hate colleges because they make people think on their own.

But their primary motivation for posting this kind of s*** is to take their minds off of all the things their cult leader is facing. He even had to flee to France to get a little break from the heat. Wish he had taken some of them with him.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:40 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,278 times
We are ALL America. Liberals, conservatives, republicans, independents,democrats, gays,straight, religious,nonreligious, those on the coast,those on the heartland.

We are ALL Americans .

Stop this mindless ways to try to divide us. At the end we are all human beings

Old 07-13-2017, 03:40 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Huff Po is a cesspool of identity politics and RESIST propaganda. I doubt their representatives will find much warmth in the flyover states for their BS.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
lol. They are going on a red neck safari !!! Better keep the windows up on the bus.

The trip*aims to address the site’s knowledge gap about the country between the coasts, as well as to*repair its image as the sounding board for the wealthy liberal gentry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies