Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:24 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times

Advertisements

Thank god that nobody else communicates like trump. The nation, no, the world, would be paralyzed if there were people all over the place communicating like trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Excellent Entertainment, you just cannot make up this crap...............

Old 07-14-2017, 07:42 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Old 07-14-2017, 08:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Trump is charismatic and speaks in a way that connects with his base. We may mock him, but his communication style is effective.
tRump:

"I communicate greatly with my base. To them, I'm the greatest. To me, they're the basest. Believe me."

Bigly...

Old 07-14-2017, 08:30 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Trump is charismatic and speaks in a way that connects with his base. We may mock him, but his communication style is effective.
"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

-Donald Trump

Old 07-15-2017, 08:08 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

-Donald Trump
LOL- Word salad, Trump serves it up and his base says, "I like tomatoes!"

Old 07-15-2017, 03:47 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
I'd like some balsamic vinaigrette with my word salad, please.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:01 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
This depends on the definition of communication. Without getting into the content of Trump's message, his communication style is very direct and brusque. That kind of communication style can be effective in an appropriate context and strongly resonates with some people.

If communication is seen as an exchange of information, which means give and take, Trump's communication takes such an aggressive approach that sees communication as a competition, rather than an exchange of information or ideas. Also, even if directness is effective in some situations, insulting people verbally and on social media, with no real goal is engaging at a level far beneath the level of credibility that someone in his position needs to engaging at. It indicates a general lack of self control and awareness and not effective or appropriate communication. In that way, I think his communication skills leave lots to be desired.

I say this in a non partisan way because, as a point of comparison, I think one of Tim Kaine's (refresher: Hillary Clinton's running mate) major weaknesses was that he also displayed a lot of arrogance during the debate due to his constant interruption of Pence, even if he was making a better point.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:05 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
OP people judge you by the words you use.

Then and than are two different words with different meanings.

Look at your title.

Think of then as involving time.

I fell asleep tweeting and then everyone made fun of my spelling.

Than is a comparison.

Donald Jr is less intelligent than a fifth grader.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:31 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Oh, wait... here is a great example of just how great trump communicates!

Donald Trump's Tweet About GOP's 'Failed Obamacare Replacement' Backfires | HuffPost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies