Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 01:20 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Why not?
Don't you have freedom of religion under your Constitution?

What is in "the Sharia Law of the Muslim faith" that stops Muslims from practicing according to your Constitution?

There isn't even one Muslim living today who has never ever strayed from practicing his faith perfectly.

Although I am not in the US, I believe US Constitution does not force any Muslim to stray from practicing his faith.

Perhaps you are not sure about how a Muslim practices Sharia Law without doing anything against the US law and the Constitution.

Under the Sharia Law, a Muslim has to obey the law of the country in which he is living in. Thus breaking the law of the country would mean straying from the Sharia Law.

As for the OP, there are nutcases on both sides unable to understand the others or even themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I forgot... Lying to the infidel is encouraged.
I also forgot to ask...
Why is it incumbent on only Muslims to tell the truth but not on infidels against Muslims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 01:43 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times
He is president of a village of 2000 people. Let the residents of the village vote him out.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:12 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
That should be taken as a serious threat of violence and arrest him. Simple.
You mean like 1/2 of Hollywood?

Old 07-19-2017, 06:51 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When I look at the Muslims in MI, the state where I grew up, I can certainly see an issue. As we know, they wish to eliminate everyone that isn't a Muslim, so their popularity won't be great. .
As usual, you know nothing. Don't you ever get tired of posting this kind of crap?

I'll be attending the Muslim wedding of a work colleague over the weekend. She is a lovely young woman. I've met her sister and her parents and they seem like lovely people as well. Funny, I never once got the sense they wanted to kill me. Oh, no, do you think they invited me and my other non-Muslim colleagues to the wedding so they could kill us?!?!?

You are so full of hateful vitriol. It's you and pepole who think like you that are the real problem in this country.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:19 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
How did I deflect? I addressed your point. I just thought it was a garbage point. Because it was. Here, allow me to be more specific, which I apparently need to do...

I'm not super familiar with Kimmel's show, but I know he sometimes films kids saying really ridiculous and inappropriate things. I'm assuming that's what this bit (and it was a bit) was. And even if I'm wrong on that, this wasn't a political manifesto. It was not a call for the systemic murder of the entire population of China. And I just can't accept that you actually believe otherwise.

Compare that to a public official making comments about the murder of a religious minority. And let's be clear here, it wasn't a joke. When it was called out, he didn't say "I was kidding because its was obviously party of a comedy bit and clealry should not be taken as literal as the would be ridiculous." Instead, he defended it, siting the first amendment.

Surely, you see the difference.
It's not something to joke about or you can call "bit."

Yes, kids say stupid things, but ADULTS correct them!

By airing this, Kimmel and the entire ABC obviously endorsed it. Try to switch "Chinese" with "Blacks" or "Jews" and see how that would end.

Again, since when ABC did it, it's OK, why the outrage?

Old 07-19-2017, 08:54 AM

39,195 posts, read 27,570,476 times
There are brave people and there are cowards.

Brave people fight for civil rights for ALL

Cowards pick on the nicest folks, and pretend to fight for the civil right for some selected groups.

Call it what it is. It's cowardly.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It's not something to joke about or you can call "bit."

Yes, kids say stupid things, but ADULTS correct them!

By airing this, Kimmel and the entire ABC obviously endorsed it. Try to switch "Chinese" with "Blacks" or "Jews" and see how that would end.

Again, since when ABC did it, it's OK, why the outrage?
Kimmel and ABC are cowards!

Old 07-19-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
How did I deflect? I addressed your point. I just thought it was a garbage point. Because it was. Here, allow me to be more specific, which I apparently need to do...

I'm not super familiar with Kimmel's show, but I know he sometimes films kids saying really ridiculous and inappropriate things. I'm assuming that's what this bit (and it was a bit) was. And even if I'm wrong on that, this wasn't a political manifesto. It was not a call for the systemic murder of the entire population of China. And I just can't accept that you actually believe otherwise.

Compare that to a public official making comments about the murder of a religious minority. And let's be clear here, it wasn't a joke. When it was called out, he didn't say "I was kidding because its was obviously party of a comedy bit and clealry should not be taken as literal as the would be ridiculous." Instead, he defended it, siting the first amendment.

Surely, you see the difference.
Not really.

Jimmy Kimmel's JKL on ABC clocked 2.256M viewers in the quarter, this so called official is trolling for attention.

What they both did was wrong, there is no difference.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:19 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,762,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Any "moderate" Muslim is living outside the teachings of Mohammed and the guidelines of the Islamic faith. Which to me is no big deal since it's a stupid made up religion by a murdering psycho.
He was more of a lazy, sex-addicted, con man.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:23 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
He was more of a lazy, sex-addicted, con man.
Sounds like our president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies