Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:51 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,296,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
First off, most conservatives support abortion in cases of rape.

Secondly, abortion in cases of rape is about not victimizing the woman twice, once for the rape, second, forcing her to carry an unwanted pregnancy due to rape.

Pregnancy is not a benign condition. It can cause permanent health problems right up to and including death. No woman should be forced to risk her life for an unwanted pregnancy, let alone being forced to risk her life because she was the victim of a crime.

The suffering of a fetus is doubtful at best, the suffering of the woman is a certainty.

Why should a fetus have more value than a woman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Y8RQoTAQk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 10:25 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The moment conception occurs, that IS a child. This is the difference between someone who is a Christian and someone who is not. You of course are entitled to your beliefs but this also shows the wide moral gap between those who support abortion and those who value human life.

By the way, I for one don't understand how abortion counts as "health care" when its very objective is to end human life.
Abortion is tragic. If I could conceive, I would not get one, because for me personally, a Mother's first priority is to protect her child. I absolutely will not make that choice for someone else, and I will oppose all attempts to do so by others.

I am a Christian, and I am pro-choice. If you don't like that, I suggest you take it up with Jesus, because we've already walked our road.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:12 AM

10,221 posts, read 15,917,484 times
Abortion is murder plain and simple.

And btw I do donate a lot of money to charity and religious organizations and to local food banks. The most generous states in the nation are most conservative states. Like the old saying goes, liberals are quite generous with OTHER PEOPLE's money.

It has always been established that life begins at conception. The questioning these days about how a "fetus" is not human is driven by the liberal, pro-abortion agenda. Plus another point of hypocrisy is that while liberals believe a woman should have a right to an abortion, they do not think that a doctor or nurse should have the right to choose NOT to participate in an abortion and assist in the killing of a child.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:31 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
3rd the daddy also has rights to the child- and many have forced themselves to be in the child's life forget MOM- Me, I would move to the jungles of Brazil- come find your kid--- snap--- oops you get a snake bite??
What in the actual **** did you just say? Retarded, at best.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:42 AM

6,385 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
There's a point after conception where the group of cells ceases mindless biological processes, and forms a functional neural system. While I don't support abortion at all, I could legally compromise and support no abortions after that time. But that time would be very, very early in the development.

Also, anyone that says children of rape don't deserve life, I double dog dare you to go find a child of rape, and tell them that their life isn't valuable, and that they don't deserve to live it!

This is interesting. .... I keep hearing the whole "heart beating" agenda being pushed by the anti-choice agenda lately. Now the "neurological" one?

The biggest killer of pregnant women is stroke and hemorrhage, both of which have to do with the nervous system and/or blood pressure. Heart attacks are also not an uncommon cause.

Spotlights on Health and Rights: Reproductive Health -- Causes of Maternal Mortality

As women and some men keep asking, why is the life of the woman less important than that of a fetus? Until someone can justify putting a baby carrier at risk of death, no one "pro-life" here (or anywhere) is REALLY pro-life because they don't care if the carrier dies. (And also the obvious point that most are pro death penalty and against feeding, clothing and sheltering of "the innocent.")

I would never say that a rape offspring doesn't "deserve to live." But what I would ask them if it came up was "Do you think that you were physically, sexually or emotionally abused, or neglected by anyone in your family because of this."

Because of my work, I have met products of rape and all had tried to kill themselves and/or were drug addicts. THESE are the people who's "right to [a normal/good] life" have been taken. They also often are on disability and continue to be an increase in your taxes for those who care about that which most conservatives despise.

Also, GENETICS COUNT. Way more than most Americans like to believe. There is a greater philosophical discussion to be had whether it is even MORAL to breed with a person who is as horrible for society as a sex offender. Do we really need to have more angry people in our society with an increased genetic potential of raping, murdering, assaulting, etc?

Old 07-15-2017, 03:49 AM

6,385 posts, read 6,274,180 times
PS- the stats on dying in childbirth are low, but not low enough. In comparison, for any gamblers here, the odds of getting a Royal Flush in poker are LESS THAN HALF as likely as dying in the US from childbirth. (Ie, the odds of a women dying in childbirth are OVER TWICE AS HIGH as hitting a Royal.)

As a gambler and a potential child carrier, I have gotten a lot of Royals and I don't like those odds.

AND..... those stats don't even include the women who survive but are permanently disabled in any way.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 20 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,535,254 times
Quote:
The child is innocent, while the rapist would be guilty under a court of law and after due process. There is a major difference. Also based on my beliefs, the Bible allows for the state to kill, which includes capital punishment and also killing in war. There is a difference between killing and murder and its more than a nuance. The Bible also states that human life begins at conception, and at the moment of conception it is a child and a human being.
If you can clearly understand your own philosophical beliefs and why you arent a hypocrite , then you should be able to understand the same of liberals.

You have painted yourself into a corner here.

Your choice at this moment is either to admit you are a hypocrite or intellectually dishonest.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:33 AM

5,896 posts, read 3,897,517 times
Tommy boy is perhaps the dumbest poster on the board.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:33 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,286 times
Quote:
Abortion is murder plain and simple.

And btw I do donate a lot of money to charity and religious organizations and to local food banks. The most generous states in the nation are most conservative states. Like the old saying goes, liberals are quite generous with OTHER PEOPLE's money.

It has always been established that life begins at conception. The questioning these days about how a "fetus" is not human is driven by the liberal, pro-abortion agenda. Plus another point of hypocrisy is that while liberals believe a woman should have a right to an abortion, they do not think that a doctor or nurse should have the right to choose NOT to participate in an abortion and assist in the killing of a child.
Abortion is not murder. Murder is defined as an unlawful killing the courts have ruled that abortion is legal. Therefore, it cannot be murder. To quote YOU from earlier:

Quote:
There is a difference between killing and murder and its more than a nuance.
Surely, you don't use that line of reasoning only when it's convenient for you? Because if you did, that would make you a hypocrite, which for all those heathens is apparently fine, but you as a Christian might be in trouble, as Jesus had few kind words for hypocrites.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:26 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
The moment conception occurs, that IS a child. This is the difference between someone who is a Christian and someone who is not. You of course are entitled to your beliefs but this also shows the wide moral gap between those who support abortion and those who value human life.

By the way, I for one don't understand how abortion counts as "health care" when its very objective is to end human life.

Abortion counts as healthcare because pregnancy puts a woman's health and life in danger.

Just as you get to decide what risks to take with your health and your life, so do women.

We are not lesser than, we have the same right of body autonomy as men.

Since you are so pro-life, how about I sign you up as a living donor, without your consent?

I WILL DECIDE if you should donate a kidney or part of your liver because I believe it is the right thing for YOU to do.

If you have a problem with that, you are a hypocrite.

Quote:
The child is innocent, while the rapist would be guilty under a court of law and after due process. There is a major difference. Also based on my beliefs, the Bible allows for the state to kill, which includes capital punishment and also killing in war. There is a difference between killing and murder and its more than a nuance. The Bible also states that human life begins at conception, and at the moment of conception it is a child and a human being.
Why should I care what YOU believe in? Why should I live my life according to what YOU believe? WHO are you to judge?

How would YOU like to save an innocent child?

Well, here you go.......sign up to be a living donor......WALK YOUR TALK......risk YOUR health and life for an innocent child instead of just being an armchair quarterback.

https://atf.quickbase.com/db/bj2vjdhye?a=nwr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies