Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 01:37 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
That information is known on the state level not the federal level. I don't know why so-called small government conservatives want to give more private information to the government. Maybe it is the bizarro world we live in or maybe its because conservatism has no underlying ideology other than holding on to power.
It is known to ANYONE who does a search online. Why is this so difficult for you people to understand? Seriously, your 5 yr old nephew could find it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 01:41 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It is known to ANYONE who does a search online. Why is this so difficult for you people to understand? Seriously, your 5 yr old nephew could find it.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that the federal government will put all this information into a searchable database that does not now exist. A database that may be hacked into or used by an overreaching government.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you to understand that the federal government will put all this information into a searchable database that does not now exist. A database that may be hacked into or used by an overreaching government. Seriously, a five year old can understand that.
This information is already in a searchable database state by state. I do understand the direction this is going and it has nothing to do with either party. I just find it sad that so many here seem to think this information is current private.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
This information is already in a searchable database state by state. I do understand the direction this is going and it has nothing to do with either party. I just find it sad that so many here seem to think this information is current private.
Once again you cannot see the forest for the trees. The voting commission is also seeking partial social security numbers, voting history, etc.

That is why so many are leery of this request. There is so much room for abuse.

If this information is so available, why then does this commission even need state approval. Just go on-line and take it. Why don't they just do that?

Because it is not so easy to get 200 million voter registration names unless you get the state governments to comply. That's why.

Start thinking critically about this proposal and you will see that it is ripe for abuse.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God is good and great View Post
They were asking for information that is not public like the last 4 digits of your SSN

Stop being so disingenuous and God Bless you and God bless America.
False. Why are you being untruthful? God Bless you.

Quote:
Once again you cannot see the forest for the trees. The voting commission is also seeking partial social security numbers, voting history, etc.

That is why so many are leery of this request. There is so much room for abuse.

If this information is so available, why then does this commission even need state approval. Just go on-line and take it. Why don't they just do that?

Because it is not so easy to get 200 million voter registration names unless you get the state governments to comply. That's why.

Start thinking critically about this proposal and you will see that is ripe for abuse.
They specifically requested ONLY information that is already publicly available under the laws of the state. Do not mistake my attempts to correct confusion, lies or misinterpretations as agreement with the database. I do not like any databases but to deny they exist is pure ignorance.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:05 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Because their guy did it, that's how.

Proving once again what the dumpster fire said: "I could take a dump in the middle of 5th Avenue and my supporters would cheer."
Gee, you put that in quotes, like he actually said it.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
False. Why are you being untruthful? God Bless you.

They specifically requested ONLY information that is already publicly available under the laws of the state. Do not mistake my attempts to correct confusion, lies or misinterpretations as agreement with the database. I do not like any databases but to deny they exist is pure ignorance.
Databases exist. The question is do you want this one in the hands of the federal government.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
Because their guy did it, that's how.

Proving once again what the dumpster fire said: "I could take a dump in the middle of 5th Avenue and my supporters would cheer."
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Cheer? They'd start fistfights over which of them would get to eat it.
Quote:
What a sick comment.

What's really sick is that it's true------That's just what his sycophants would do. And they will become much worse before this political typhoon has passed.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Databases exist. The question is do you want this one in the hands of the federal government.
I notice you edited this post as I looked up a response to your request for just one state database where this info is searchable. As to your claim, I already stated my opinion on this. Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Old 07-15-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I notice you edited this post as I looked up a response to your request for just one state database where this info is searchable. As to your claim, I already stated my opinion on this. Are you being intentionally obtuse?
Yes, I did edit my question. Yes, there well may be state's that have searchable databases, but they are on an name by name basis. I suppose a company may buy that information. But, be it as it may, I believe this information should be out of the purview of the federal government and remain in local and/or state hands. A single national database is just a bad idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies