Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 08:22 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,658,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Many people are saying that Don Jr should have gone to the FBI when he was first approached about the meeting and especially after but still what law was broken?

I can't help but think of a scenario that might help with this dilemna.

Say a person came to you and told you about a plan they had to rob a bank and they wanted you to be the getaway driver. You declined and a week later they rob the bank, get caught and they tell the cops that they told you about the plan which implicates you because you didn't alert the FBI. Why would you alert the cops to something that someone might do especially if you didn't feel a crime was actually going to be committed?

People talk trash all the time. Don Jr went to a meeting to possibly get info and who knows if he did or not but if his BS radar didn't go up then why would he think anything was wrong just like in the possible bank robbing scenario.

I think the Trump families biggest problem is that they are not politicians and they are not attorneys that have been trained to watch every word they say and careful of every situation they might find themselves in lest they be sued.

That and the Dems and Lefty media is out to get them.
Lol. Geez. How much denialism can one drink? Obviously the Tang flavor is addictive.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,404,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Wrong. The crime happened when he walked into the room with a representative of a foreign government trying to peddle influence.
So you're telling me the FBI no longer knows what constitutes a crime?

If you are correct, why aren't we seeing multiple people arrested for these crimes as well as their electronic devices being confiscated?

Maybe the FBI is not watching CNN? Someone should call them and tell them to do their job and arrest all these alleged "criminals"

Old 07-14-2017, 08:44 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,767,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So you're telling me the FBI no longer knows what constitutes a crime?

If you are correct, why aren't we seeing multiple people arrested for these crimes as well as their electronic devices being confiscated?

Maybe the FBI is not watching CNN? Someone should call them and tell them to do their job and arrest all these alleged "criminals"
Wait for it. The investigation is ongoing.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Wait for it. The investigation is ongoing.
Why would the FBI wait if this is a crime?

Obviously, its not.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:49 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,767,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why would the FBI wait if this is a crime?

Obviously, its not.
Unlike Cult 45, opinions do not matter to law enforcement. They will take the time they need to get all the facts they need to recommend prosecution or not.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Unlike Cult 45, opinions do not matter to law enforcement. They will take the time they need to get all the facts they need to recommend prosecution or not.
LOL. If the FBI thought their was a crime involving treason, collusion, espionage, they would take the evidence they have from the released emails and arrest everyone in the room in order to get all the players to roll on each other. Additionally, they would confiscate all the electronics.

There was no crime.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:02 PM

4,566 posts, read 3,384,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isomewhatdo View Post
Guilty of collusion due to THOUGHT....

You hit the nail on the head: This is reading as a thought crime against liberalism.

If a foreign sinister government came to a candidate with a video of their opposition committing a crime, I would be angry if he did not make it public. Voters have a right to know. I would feel the same way if Clinton met with Russia to get dirt on Trump.

I got multitudes of liberal Union boxes in my family, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit. This crap is really pissing them off against Democrats. Keep it up libs.

As far as the former Bush administration official saying they would go to the FBI, just reinforces my negative opinion of how wimpy the Bush team was, both of them.

If Trump Jr. Actually committed a crime, it damns the law more than the participant. Peaceful assembly is allowed in this country.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:02 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
What exactly was done with Russian Collusion?

Exactly what the Dems found, NOTHING !
Let's just wait and see what Meuller's findings are after his investigation. It may take some time though because no one in this administration is completely honest. And why aren't they honest? That is a huge red flag to even a no body like myself But I live here and my son is constantly on the hill. He hears things that don't make it in the news.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:14 PM

26,324 posts, read 14,928,570 times
Quote:
Yes, hostile. Putin is a dictator who has had his political rivals killed and jailed, invaded other sovereign nations, tried to disrupt democracy all over the globe and tampered with the economies of same.
You really should read a little more.
You make it seem like Russia is a "geo-political adversary."

Obama and I are making jokes about you.

P.S. Who was the last US president that hasn't invaded other sovereign nations, tried to disrupt democracy and tampered with others' economies.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:16 PM

10,822 posts, read 14,891,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I guess Putin and Trump supposedly colluded by Putin releasing DNC hacked emails showing that CNN, etc...colluding with Hillary. Therefore it is personal to CNN as it damaged their credibility.

But if Trump was colluding, then why was Trump Junior taking a meeting to get evidence on Hillary crimes, when no new evidence came out?

But if Trump was colluding, why would he need to (allegedly) hire the Smith guy who in August and September of 2016 was searching internet forums for Hillary's deleted emails.

Seems like this will go nowhere in reality. We'll wait and see.
Not only that but wasn't it trumps uranium deal that put 20% of the United States uranium into Russian hands? And he did all this for 145 million dollar donation to his foundation?

// sarcasm off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies