Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 05:05 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times

Advertisements

Now thats one honest news organization that we can all trust...

CNN's Alisyn Camerota: 'I Hear Your Russia Fatigue and I Share It' - Breitbart

Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
You don't get to speak about honestly when you share a Breitbart article.

As far as the topic goes, this is an issue of the modern state of news media. It needs to be produced rapidly and draw the most views. The Russia story, being controversial and scandalous, probably gets more clicks and views than other stories. The result, it gets covered more.

The CNN anchor even notes that this is a dilemma journalists face. What's covered and what is left out; it's a tough call. The fact is, when you're a national news organization, you have to make it universal and they ultimately pick the stories that work best. It's about money, of course. This is the consumeristic trend we've been on for quite some time. It's all sell, sell, sell. CNN, Fox, even your precious Breitbart... they all do it. You don't think Breitbart picks and chooses what it will publish? They cater to an audience who wants to hear a certain view point. This is modern media and if you want to change it, you're gonna need smarter criticisms than "FAKE NEWS!"

Old 07-14-2017, 05:17 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
You don't get to speak about honestly when you share a Breitbart article.

As far as the topic goes, this is an issue of the modern state of news media. It needs to be produced rapidly and draw the most views. The Russia story, being controversial and scandalous, probably gets more clicks and views than other stories. The result, it gets covered more.

The CNN anchor even notes that this is a dilemma journalists face. What's covered and what is left out; it's a tough call. The fact is, when you're a national news organization, you have to make it universal and they ultimately pick the stories that work best. It's about money, of course. This is the consumeristic trend we've been on for quite some time. It's all sell, sell, sell. CNN, Fox, even your precious Breitbart... they all do it. You don't think Breitbart picks and chooses what it will publish? They cater to an audience who wants to hear a certain view point. This is modern media and if you want to change it, you're gonna need smarter criticisms than "FAKE NEWS!"
BS....

Quote:
CNN and NBC struck a 93 percent negative tone on their Trump stories, with only 7 percent positive. CBS was third in the anti-Trump race, with a 91 to 9 ratio.
Harvard study: Media has been largely negative on Trump - Chicago Tribune

A HARVARD study.....and you know HARVARD is such a conservative corner stone....

Old 07-14-2017, 05:20 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS....

A HARVARD study.....and you know HARVARD is such a conservative corner stone....
Uh, there are several good reasons why the press has been negative on Trump....He's earned it....Where have you been?

Old 07-14-2017, 05:22 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,514 times
I sincerely do not get how anyone can work for CNN any longer. It is a veritable cesspool and wasteland. For about 10 seconds I can watch Don Lemon, while flipping channels. He, like the rest, is such a blatant wh*re.

But, I guess it pays well, so that's all it takes to sell your soul. If they had one to begin with.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Chris Cuomo isn't going to like this!

Old 07-14-2017, 05:26 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
BS....

I saw a train wreck today. I didn't comment positively on it. Go figure.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I saw a train wreck today. I didn't comment positively on it. Go figure.
Oh yeah. What color pantsuit was Hillary wearing?

Old 07-14-2017, 05:41 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
CNN Anchor I Have Russia Fatigue; Narrative Made Up 93% Of Show's Air Time
Its true. The collusion was so deep it takes all their time to cover it. More and more evidence comes in. Of course the lack of terror attacks, and natural disasters also limit them to talking about politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:41 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Same thing happened with Watergate. People got tired of it grinding on month after month with no apparent resolution... and then, out of the blue -- BAM -- special prosector Jaworski and a grand jury deliver indictments on 7 people plus Nixon as an unindicted co-conspirator. From that point things picked up speed, impeachment hearings began and of course Nixon resigned.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies