Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 09:02 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Oh good defund the organization that keeps people that shouldn't have kids from getting pregnant so we have more generations of welfare queens. Solid logic.
Meh...... it would be an easy way to generate $1B. Kids already know how to prevent pregnancy. Planned Parenthood is just an arm of The Democratic Party - with a CEO who makes $600 thousand a year.

It would be hard to become a welfare queen in today's environment; even harder if the wall were built with EBT money. Trump has proposed a cut of $193 billion from Department of Agriculture (they supervise the growing of Twinkies, among other things)over the next 10 years. The wall should cost about $60 billion.

Sounds like a shoo-in to me.
Go to work, America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 09:04 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
You're aware that PP is on the contraceptive business yes? Can you google?

While abortion services make up 3% of PP services, contraceptives make up 34%.

We should be encouraging PP. The last thing we need are more children in these communities.

So let them provide birth control then and eliminate the abortions. What's the problem?

Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,957,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So let them provide birth control then and eliminate the abortions. What's the problem?
If the abortions are going to happen regardless, there's a societal benefit to having them done safely. Making it illegal or unattainable just pushes women to risky procedures that can cause great health harms at our expense. Safe abortions are cheaper than back alley abortions.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:07 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
I think President Trump under estimated the opposition from his own party. It's going to be a tough job but I think he will get that wall built.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:11 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Right.

Planned Parenthood says they serve 5 million women per year.
Their total budget is 1.3 billion (that's 1300 million)

That's $260 per woman.
That's about 500 condoms. Each.
So wassa problem?

Old 07-15-2017, 09:27 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
There are other ways to prevent pregnancy other than abortions after it's too late. Cut the welfare and they will probably stop having kids they can't pay for in the first place. Now there's a novel idea.
I don't think very many people have children in order to get more welfare money because the average increase in TANF for each additional child averages about $28 a month..that doesn't even cover diapers, let alone everything else you need for a kid

Old 07-15-2017, 09:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I don't think very many people have children in order to get more welfare money because the average increase in TANF for each additional child averages about $28 a month..that doesn't even cover diapers, let alone everything else you need for a kid
I'll admit, even I didn't know that, and I'm pretty liberal

Old 07-15-2017, 09:31 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Do you understand the difference between campaign promises and reality?
Wow. Trump has really got your [collective your] minds all wrapped-up.

I've never seen anything like it.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:38 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Wow. Trump has really got your [collective your] minds all wrapped-up.

I've never seen anything like it.
I think it's hilarious that so many people here seem to be invested in Trump. I wonder why

Old 07-15-2017, 09:39 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
How does he think someone can throw a 60-lb sack of drugs over a wall? Who would just be strolling along the wall to get hit by a sack of drugs? And why would someone throw a sack of drugs over the wall if there was nobody on the other side to get the drugs?

What planet does Trump live on? It must be difficult for some to keep a straight face when his presidential musings sound like an SNL bit.

Does he have a contract with the American Comedian's Association to provide enough material to boost their ratings for 4 years?

"...As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them. They hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies