Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 08:38 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Good lord; the republicans are pathetic.
Yes, they are. But you know the opposition (i.e. the Dems) is sad if they are more pathetic and the pathetic GOP is. If the Dems weren't an obstacle to putting constitutional conservatives on the Supreme Court/lower federal courts and actually cared about enforcing our immigration laws and weren't so hostile to the 2nd Amendment, I'd actually consider voting for them over Republicans who killed this measure. But, until then, the most I'll support is a primary challenge to these pathetic losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's much better than the GOP alternative. I wish that both parties would work on a viable option for everyone, which would be single payer, IMO.
That is all we need. socialized medicine. I see corruption everywhere and they can't run the VA now so how good do you think it will be.. Government can't run anything.. there is no bottom line.. the credit line is us.. the tax payer.

8,891 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And have worked tirelessly to undermine it.

The deal is, they own it now. When it implodes, they still own it.

Nope it has only Democratic signatures, lead by BO. Besides voting to repeal it, what else did they do to "undermine" it?

Old 07-17-2017, 08:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
When companies have to pay employees' insurance, they are forced to pay the employees less money. It's not just some employer charity. Before bongo-care, I had the option to opt out of company-provided health coverage and keep the extra money.
Companies are not forced to pY their employees less because they provide a healthcare insurance benefit.

Most large employers with full time employee have offered subsidized healthcare benefits and a market grade wage to attract and retain employees. This has been true for serious decades.

Some employers offered and continue to offer " cash in lieu" benefits to employees who opt out of the employer sponsored health care plan, provided the employee obtains insurance elsewhere, such as threw their spouce's employer. The payment is treated as taxable income.

No employer is required to offer a " cash in lieu" benefit or continue it.

Perhaps your employer chose to discontinue the benefit or maybe you prefer to be uninsured and not worry about it unless or until you have an accident or become a victim of a crime or develop a serious medical condition.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:41 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Obamacare is going to fail. I say let it fail. The Dems names are all over that thing. The left will, of course, attempt to blame it all on the right, but people have long memories. They will remember exactly who owns that colossal mess.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Ehhh well hmmm. His base fans fallen. 36%.
Keep believing... Trump supporters are loyal and you don't learn very well to the poll numbers that had Hillary way ahead of Trump.. they said Trump had a 12% chance of winning.. lol.. even Fox had Trump as a big loser.. they were believing the same stupid poll numbers.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Cheering Democrats are heading for the cliff!

Old 07-17-2017, 08:45 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is all we need. socialized medicine. I see corruption everywhere and they can't run the VA now so how good do you think it will be.. Government can't run anything.. there is no bottom line.. the credit line is us.. the tax payer.
The VA is the VA, nothing to do with national health insurance. Government has run social security and Medicare pretty well. Too bad you can't understand this because we could have great health care and no more fighting.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:46 PM

8,891 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Funny you should ask. The democrats have indeed been working on a fix for Obamacare. They might be the minority party, but unlike the republican minority in the past, they actually do have a plan and they are working to improve healthcare.
Ten House Democrats propose plan to fix ObamaCare | TheHill
"
Create an annual $15 billion reinsurance fund. ObamaCare had a reinsurance program for three years from 2014 to 2016 to provide payments to insurers that enroll higher-cost, sicker individuals. "

How do they propose to obtain the 15 billion? What happens if this isn't enough?

Old 07-17-2017, 08:47 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Obamacare is going to fail. I say let it fail. The Dems names are all over that thing. The left will, of course, attempt to blame it all on the right, but people have long memories. They will remember exactly who owns that colossal mess.

Yep the people will remember how the pubs voted to repeal it 60+ times and to only fail over and over again once they took power. All of this winning is making me ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies