Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 10:19 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
They should be required to provide a COMPERABLE seat or FREE UPGRADE. A customer should not have to settle for a lesser product and still pay a premium for it.
They did. She got a seat in the same row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 10:29 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
All of them are. People just don't know how much easier flying was before 9/11.
Uh...those of us over 40 remember it.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It appears Delta moved Ann from her reserved extra leg room seat so that a family could sit together. She them posted a photo of the woman - "Delta didn’t give my extra room seat to an air marshall or tall person. Here’s the woman given my PRE-BOOKED seat:"

Ann Coulter Goes to War

Delta pissed off Ann Coulter and she tweeted the WHOLE sensational altercation!! – The Right Scoop

The solution to that is have your own private plane and learn to fly it yourself.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:28 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not sure which is the worst, Delta or United

have had no problems with American
We will fly with United over Delta anyday.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:30 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Hey Annie, $30 is more than enough to buy a new broom. If any airline decides to sell her a ticket in the future, hope they have TSA do a full cavity search and pull the bug out before she boards.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:33 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It appears Delta moved Ann from her reserved extra leg room seat so that a family could sit together. She them posted a photo of the woman - "Delta didn’t give my extra room seat to an air marshall or tall person. Here’s the woman given my PRE-BOOKED seat:"

Ann Coulter Goes to War

Delta pissed off Ann Coulter and she tweeted the WHOLE sensational altercation!! – The Right Scoop
I fine the name Delta funny as the name is the abbreviation for 'DON'T EVEN LEAVE THE AIRPORT'.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:36 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Delta is a private company that can do anything it pleases within legal limits to its customers. Just about everyone who flies often has that one "XXXXX airlines screwed me" story. All Ms. Coulter can do is to choose not to fly Delta anymore.
given that she has a few million twitter followers and is a best selling author... she has a bit more she can do besides not flying Delta....

and good for the rest of us when a person with some notoriety gets the shaft and uses their platform.

All the airlines are out of control. they sell a seat, double book and kick one.... they decide to give a seat to someone else even though the first person paid a premium for that seat?

That happens every single day and we all just take it. we need to stop taking it.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Normally when you book a seat with more space it costs more. E.g., JetBlue has "Even More Space Seats" that cost anywhere from $15 to $65 extra, depending on the flight. So, yes, it would be wrong to pay for the space and not get it.

But Delta says she was in the same row--just a different seat, so she still had the extra space. Not sure why she freaked out--maybe she booked aisle and was put in the middle? But she did not have the space she paid for taken away.

I'm sure after this, she'll get something out of it--credit or free flight. She posted the family's picture publicly to embarrass them. What a witch.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed.../#532cec3f7a69
No, you see the problem was, she booked a seat over the right wing, and Delta gave her a seat over the left wing. Annie couldn't handle that.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:55 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I've always needed a goal to work for. So now I can either get rich enough to buy my own plane and hire a flight crew or charter my own plane if I want to travel. LOL.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:58 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Uh...those of us over 40 remember it.
I remember being in the middle seat on an airplane just waiting for the pilot to hit 10,000 feet so I could light up a cigarette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies