Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:48 PM

218 posts, read 172,150 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1_pgqTow8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tciKSzVZro4

Like, I get as a man I certainly don't fully understand all that's involved during that time of the month and wanting to not feel "ashamed" of it, but isn't this going a little overboard?

As a woman, do you think the aforementioned really helps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2017, 11:54 PM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
There is nothing wrong with blood, no matter where it comes from. It is usually more or less sterile and if the person is healthy it carries no diseases.

This said, I don't call her period blood work art. lol To each her own. The lady in dark t shirt, she has no artistic talents. I am not saying this to be mean. The lady in white, I can't see her work.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 07-16-2017 at 12:03 AM..

Old 07-16-2017, 12:10 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
More vaginal "performamce art"

I'm the 'vaginal knitting' perfomance artist – and I want to defend my work - Casey Jenkins

Old 07-16-2017, 12:12 AM

1,348 posts, read 792,156 times
Yea, this is an un-needed thread about a fringe and weird topic.
And why do you make people watch a video to even grasp what you're putting forth? (Didn't watch)

Old 07-16-2017, 12:12 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times
I didn't watch the first to the end but I did watch the second through. I don't thinkk they are comparable.

Like lilyflower I don't think I personally would want to use perios blood as a median. But the second video where guys get a tiny sene of what it might be like - it's great. But as they say it's not even complete - it's wihout the hormonal isues and craping, etc.....in all reality the things that are worst about dealing with it. But at least if some guys would stsrt to understand what is involved to get that it's not just some excuse to be a b#####, etc. - not such a bad thing.

Full disclosure - I had a hysterectomry about 10 years ago. So I no longer have to deal with my period. But in all honesty, that makes me all the more appreciative of living without it.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 AM

218 posts, read 172,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I didn't watch the first to the end but I did watch the second through. I don't thinkk they are comparable.

Like lilyflower I don't think I personally would want to use perios blood as a median. But the second video where guys get a tiny sene of what it might be like - it's great. But as they say it's not even complete - it's wihout the hormonal isues and craping, etc.....in all reality the things that are worst about dealing with it. But at least if some guys would stsrt to understand what is involved to get that it's not just some excuse to be a b#####, etc. - not such a bad thing.

Full disclosure - I had a hysterectomry about 10 years ago. So I no longer have to deal with my period. But in all honesty, that makes me all the more appreciative of living without it.
This woman talks about them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4zK5AVnMqs

I find it interesting how she states that it could give young girls the wrong impression that they will bleed heavily by default and every woman's is different.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:03 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Question specifically for women: Would you agree with this?
I can't answer this question right now because today I identify as a duck-billed platypus.

Next Tuesday I'm scheduled to identify as a woman. I'll answer then.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:27 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y1_pgqTow8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tciKSzVZro4

Like, I get as a man I certainly don't fully understand all that's involved during that time of the month and wanting to not feel "ashamed" of it, but isn't this going a little overboard?

As a woman, do you think the aforementioned really helps?
I'd say it is going overboard. I just don't have much appreciation for "period blood art." I've found that most grown men who have been in a realtionship with a woman do their best to be understanding and helpful. My BF has stood in the feminine aisle with his phone in hand trying to make sure he comes home with exactly the right products, that's enough for me. On a more universal level, I'd like to see real, pragmatic changes like a nationwide sales tax exemption for tampons, pads etc. These items are a necessity and should not be taxed. Using menstrual blood as paint feels gimmicky to me, it's not going to help the average woman deal with life better.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:27 AM

11 posts, read 7,162 times
14 year old diarist Anne Frank wrote in her diary that she loved having her period because it meant that she was a woman. Or something like that.

I do a lot of odd types of art work myself. But I can see where this one would gross someone else out as menstral periods are not normally looked upon as pleasant. It is messy and of course it is blood which our bodies need to keep us alive.

Your work is interesting. All artists should be as creative as possible and have fun and feel comfortable doing it........

Old 07-16-2017, 01:38 AM

983 posts, read 738,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'd say it is going overboard. I just don't have much appreciation for "period blood art." I've found that most grown men who have been in a realtionship with a woman do their best to be understanding and helpful. My BF has stood in the feminine aisle with his phone in hand trying to make sure he comes home with exactly the right products, that's enough for me. On a more universal level, I'd like to see real, pragmatic changes like a nationwide sales tax exemption for tampons, pads etc. These items are a necessity and should not be taxed. Using menstrual blood as paint feels gimmicky to me, it's not going to help the average woman deal with life better.
Oh please. I am a woman yet don't support this kind of thinking at all. If you're too poor to afford to spend $5-10 bucks on a box of pads/tampons you have some real issues. If anything this makes women look weak. Should toilet paper be free? Should toothpaste be free? Aside from the fact that it still costs since it would be paying with taxes hardly making it "free" it's a ridiculous argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies